• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Bored so I’ll ask three questions.

1.Who is your personal most wanted?
2.Who is your realistic most wanted?
3.Who is your most wanted to make their fans happy?
  1. Kyo Kusanagi
  2. Edelgard
  3. Waluigi

Pakky

Smash Hero
Long live the king :ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool:

Please buff him...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yes, I know what a hernia is. First hand. I also know that he's saying the game is hard. And I said that better be a good thing.

Context people, c'mon.
Apologies, mate. I was just workin' off what little info I had.

D

Deleted member

1. Alucard.(Future smash, not this one.) Otherwise, Scorpion or Sub Zero.
2. No idea.
3. Bandana Dee would be the least controversial, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Stan Lee thing was incredible, but how are you just gonna forget about the real best part...

"Where's Fury?"
Carol looking like she was out for some booty prison style madecthe scene unintentionally hilarious. So determined and specifically creepin’ behind Natasha

osby

Smash Obsessed

1. Dixie Kong
  2. ??? I don't?
  3. Steve, because goodness, they deserved it after all the stuff they had to put up with

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
TBH, Steve is a god.
well lets consider the evidence

1. for some reason the ****ing minecraft gods mention you specifically when you kill the endermen's mom or whatever
2. he can turn one wood into 4 wood of the same size and volume
3. creative mode

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Anybody remember Doshin the Giant? That game was a cool as **** God Game. Wish they'd make a new one.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Something in me still wants Isaac fans to have their moment after what the speculation cycle did to them. Everything went terribly wrong in a matter of months.

Anybody remember Doshin the Giant? That game was a cool as **** God Game. Wish they'd make a new one.
Now that you mention it, I do remember it. I never played it, but I at least remained mostly familiar with it.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still don't know whose idea it was to have characters like Skull Kid, Isaac and Shadow to be revealed at the last minute despite "evidence" they were seemingly locks.

I couldn't imagine the bad taste that left in those supporters mouths.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
nintendo has so many old franchises that they just sit on and leave to rot for whatever reason

like yeah, i understand kids are gonna understand the brand of pokemon or mario but are clueless about ****in doshin the giant, but there's a lot of untapped potential in the idea of rebooting some of these unexplored genres that older games attempted to provide at the time

NineS

Smash Lord
I still don't know whose idea it was to have characters like Skull Kid, Isaac and Shadow to be revealed at the last minute despite "evidence" they were seemingly locks.

Sakurai is a sadist.

And yes, it left a bad taste in my mouth, but that's why I love that man. I relate to his trolliness.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sakurai is a sadist.

And yes, it left a bad taste in my mouth, but that's why I love that man. I relate to his trolliness.
A part of me still feels that was all intentional for the sake of trolling them with "Syke! They're not playable! We fooled ya!".

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

A part of me still feels that was all intentional for the sake of trolling them with "Syke! They're not playable! We fooled ya!".
take skull kid out, most of his "lock" was hyped up because of loz

and look who conveniently disappeared the moment one of his cocky claims was debunked moments later

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Whatever happened to you and :ultyounglink:? Is there a specific playstyle in particular that suits you?
In this game, I don't know. I think my best at the moment are :ultrobinf::ultzelda:&:ultyounglink: solely because they're so defensive and projectile spammy, and internet connections favor them. But the moment I go up against someone with a more intimate knowledge of the game than I have I get destroyed because I can't fight up close as well as they can and I can't keep them away. I know I need to learn the game more in-depth because I'm relying too much on Brawl-era muscle memory, so deciding on a character when I feel like I'm not good at the game in general yet is difficult.

When I lab, I don't necessarily know what I'm labbing. When I get a good string of matches and feel like I've learned an adapted, I play someone new and it's like all I just learned is gone. I haven't gotten comfortable with any playstyle and I'm starting to feel like I'm not actually going to get better until I break down the foundation and start from scratch, y'know? Rebuild the house instead of applying new paint and all that.

The sheer size of the roster makes knowing matchups difficult too, so I never know if my problems are a result of a poor matchup, lack of knowledge or just not being good with the character. When I'm playing Corrin but I feel twice as slow as LetterO LetterO 's Dedede you know there are issues lol.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
take skull kid out, most of his "lock" was hyped up because of loz

and look who conveniently disappeared the moment one of his cocky claims was debunked moments later
There's also the fact the he was seemingly absent in assist trophy reveals and the Moon supposedly replacing him.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Yeah no, as much as I hate to say it Smash speculators just don't know how to keep their expectations in check. Too many of us like to throw together tinfoil hat theories and insane corkboards linking all sorts of circumstantial evidence and coincidences together and then use it to claim that our favorite character is guaranteed.

If someone got hyped up over something that was never guaranteed and then angry when it turned out not to be the case, that's there own dang fault. Purple chairs and Rathalos tweets proved nothing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's also the fact the he was seemingly absent in assist trophy reveals and the Moon supposedly replacing him.
keywords 'seemingly' and 'supposedly'

We had many new absentees that weren't the "omg skull kid!!!1!". Did anyone ever talk about Mangus? Noooooo well actually i did

There was zero evidence that the Moon could replace Skull Kid.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think you are looking at things from a very biased view.

None of them really had any real evidence in their favor and if you think silence is a confirmation, that's fully on you, not everyone else. People just don't want to be responsible from their own emotions, which is frankly, very childish.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Still I don't understand why they waited at the last minute then when revealing them earlier would had saved them all that pain of pointless speculation.
I'm guessing it's because they don't care what speculators are up to. It has little to no effect on the game's sales, so monitoring what we do is likely unimportant to them. :drshrug:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Still I don't understand why they waited at the last minute then when revealing them earlier would had saved them all that pain of pointless speculation.
It's called spreading out your reveals. It's standard adverting practice, not something exclusive to Smash.

I don't know why we treat it like it's some crazy thing Sakurai intentionally does just to troll us. He's probably not even the sole person behind these decisions.

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Directs have limited time, they can't possibly reveal every single non-playable character in one go.
  2. Speculation is always pointless, in the end we are just discussing stuff that's already decided.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
nintendo has so many old franchises that they just sit on and leave to rot for whatever reason

like yeah, i understand kids are gonna understand the brand of pokemon or mario but are clueless about ****in doshin the giant, but there's a lot of untapped potential in the idea of rebooting some of these unexplored genres that older games attempted to provide at the time
Well it doesn't help that Doshin's dev went under.

That's basically the nail in the coffin more most niche series. Like I bet we never get another Hotel Dusk game.

Though he could've been made an AT by now.

Happens every time, people shouldn't have been surprised that there would be more deconfirmations in a pre-release Smash Direct. Especially when the evidence towards those characters was shaky at best, and often predicated on conjecture. I'd hope people would learn but I bet there will be those mad at more deconfirmations come the final DLC presentation.

I'd rather have Isaac revealed a month pre-release than on release learning he's an AT. Or my favourite, learning he's just not in the ****ing game. For real, I feel like most of the people who were super aghast at the timing were new to this.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’m not gonna say Skull Kid wasn’t always requested but his hype around Ultimate really did feel like bandwagoning if I had to be brutally honest.

There was the LOZ rumor and then you had the infamous chair theory which I found completely stupid because it didn’t even make sense atleast unlike the other character theories.

Isaac and Shadow I can agree on that being deconfirmed a month right before release and then announcing a :ultpiranha: was playable instead was pretty d****ish of them to do.

Grinch leak made the outcome even worse.

Yeah yeah, I know they’re scheduling things and weren’t ready to reveal them yet and I know they had zero intention to mock you but it felt like that no doubt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom