• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
nintendo has so many old franchises that they just sit on and leave to rot for whatever reason

like yeah, i understand kids are gonna understand the brand of pokemon or mario but are clueless about ****in doshin the giant, but there's a lot of untapped potential in the idea of rebooting some of these unexplored genres that older games attempted to provide at the time
The reason is money and resources.

Nintendo only has so many employees and so many partners. When they invest in something, they need to know that the investment is going to be worth it. And until the Mario & Pokemon machines stop printing money, they have no reason to stop using them. Even if a game was enjoyed by fans or critics, if it didn't generate enough of a profit to counter the time and money investment, they need to either rethink how to make the game or just make something else.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well it doesn't help that Doshin's dev went under.

That's basically the nail in the coffin more most niche series. Like I bet we never get another Hotel Dusk game.

Though he could've been made an AT by now.
imma be real

if i won the lottery i'd make a new studio to be 2nd party with nintendo and just make reboots of older games and sell em for pretty cheap to ramp up the escalator until it's full blown

its like arcade archives but now with new ****

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Yeeet I think that'll be my last match, I haven't been 100% focused but that's OK, next time I'll come swinging LOL

Ty all for the matches! And sorry to my CAH group for leaving towards the end, computer crashed RIP

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
imma be real

if i won the lottery i'd make a new studio to be 2nd party with nintendo and just make reboots of older games and sell em for pretty cheap to ramp up the escalator until it's full blown

its like arcade archives but now with new ****
The sad part is they wouldn't give you the license, but wouldn't do anything with it either. v_v

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Still I don't understand why they waited at the last minute then when revealing them earlier would had saved them all that pain of pointless speculation.
Because that speculation is free advertisement. People getting excited for the possibilities is a marketer's dream. You don't have to tell them anything; they talk and share and search for more information all on their own without you doing anything.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The sad part is they wouldn't give you the license, but wouldn't do anything with it either. v_v
then i'll make bootleg ironic spinoffs of ice climber, rename it "hiking siblings", and make bank

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’m not gonna say Skull Kid wasn’t always requested but his hype around Ultimate really did feel like bandwagoning if I had to be brutally honest.

There was the LOZ rumor and then you had the infamous chair theory which I found completely because it didn’t even make atleast unlike the other character theories.

Isaac and Shadow I can agree on that being deconfirmed a month right before release and then announcing a :ultpiranha: was playable instead was pretty d****ish of them to do.

Yeah yeah, I know they’re scheduling things and weren’t ready to reveal them yet and I know they had zero intention to mock you but it felt like that no doubt.
What problem? People's gripes with ATs are fully speculation related and ultimately has no bearing on the game once we got the last character.

I was a Shadow supporter and I had no problem with PP because I know those two have nothing to do with each other.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's the same reason the goddamn Jinchu arc of Rurouni Kenshin will never get animated. The studio with animation rights just does Yugioh now and doesn't have interest in doing more Kenshin or letting someone else do it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There was the LOZ rumor and then you had the infamous chair theory which I found completely because it didn’t even make atleast unlike the other character theories.
Let me just say that people pounced on me for making fun of the chair theory, and if I remembered who those people were, I'd totally be calling you out right now. :p

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Don’t forget the DK/Karate Joe pose theory and the “Rayman cloud” that were both present in K.Rool’s trailer.

I love Smash fans.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
“B-but the chairs match the Navi’s colors!”

(No offense to Skull Kid fans but you gotta admit that theory was really silly)
And I-- the one who works in the furniture and staging industry and explained how the set was likely made by a third party with no intention of hinting at anything-- told everyone this back then and people ****ing argued with me.

But, it's not Navi's color. It's Tatl and Tael's colors.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just think the whole final Smash Direct was very poorly timed. Announce Ken and Inceneroar, awesome. Disconfirm everyone everybody was hoping for, not cool. Reveal a character nobody was asking for, salt fell like snow and it seemed like they knew it.

I don't think they were necessarily trying to be malicious but the way it was done was FAR from ideal. Seeing Isaac actually hurt my heart.

I'm fine with it now though. I'm just glad Isaac fans didn't disappear like Skull Kid's and Geno's did. More so Skull Kid.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wargroove, Axiom Verge, Undertale, RedOut.

People have proven that if Nintendo won't continue their favorite franchises, they will in spirit.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'll be honest, I gave the Chair Theory a little bit of thought. I also gave the Rathalos tweet a bit of consideration. I stayed neutral on box theory but would constantly play Devil's Advocate for either side.

Going "hey, that theory might be onto something, let's weigh the evidence" if fine. Going "OMG Skull Kid is in guys, Sakurai's chairs told me so" makes you sound like a lunatic.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm fine with it now though. I'm just glad Isaac fans didn't disappear like Skull Kid's and Geno's did. More so Skull Kid.
Skull Kid fans were just Zelda fans. Myself included.

Like, I want Skull Kid, but more than anything I want a Zelda character. We haven't gotten a legitimate newcomer since Melee. The hell.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
The moment I saw the Boxing Ring in the Kencineroar trailer, I realized the Grinch leak was fake because who else would show in a ring other then a certain wrestler Pokemon that’s been talked about by leakers?

And as soon as Shadow popped up before the AT segment started, it was gonna be a disconfirmation bloodbath.:crying:

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The moment I saw the Boxing Ring in the Kencineroar trailer, I realized the Grinch leak was fake because who else would show in a ring other then a certain wrestler Pokemon that’s been talked about by leakers?

And as soon as Shadow popped up before the AT segment started, it was gonna be a disconfirmation bloodbath.:crying:
The moment I saw the Box Theory I realized everything else was fake.

#TeamBox represent.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just think the whole final Smash Direct was very poorly timed. Announce Ken and Inceneroar, awesome. Disconfirm everyone everybody was hoping for, not cool. Reveal a character nobody was asking for, salt fell like snow and it seemed like they knew it.

I don't think they were necessarily trying to be malicious but the way it was done was FAR from ideal. Seeing Isaac actually hurt my heart.

Let's be real though, despite what people said in the moment, the Skull Kid support, past a handful of diehards, washed in and out like the tide.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The moment I saw the Box Theory I realized everything else was fake.

#TeamBox represent.
i wasnt on team box

but i wasnt on team not box either

Now I was definitely anti-Grinch after a little bit into that though, that **** just didn't cut right.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I love Smash speculation. It's fun to see the theories people come up with sometimes and try to see how they'll pan out. It's also fun to see other people's crazy ideas for character choices or desires and think about how they'd play. I think there's also some fun in seeing how hilariously wrong we can be on some things.

But I hate all of the drama surrounding it. It kind of ruined Ultimate's speculation cycle for me and makes me kind of want to avoid the speculation scene for Smash 6. People throwing internet temper tantrums over character reveals that they're disinterested in, taking assist trophy showcases as personal insults, getting angry when someone suggests that that blurry photo that surfaced on the internet that has a character they want on it is likely a hoax...it killed all of the fun and just made everything exhausting to track.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'll be honest, I gave the Chair Theory a little bit of thought. I also gave the Rathalos tweet a bit of consideration. I stayed neutral on box theory but would constantly play Devil's Advocate for either side.

Going "hey, that theory might be onto something, let's weigh the evidence" if fine. Going "OMG Skull Kid is in guys, Sakurai's chairs told me so" makes you sound like a lunatic.
Not outright dismissing them is ok, but actually lending credence to that stuff was bad news. Well stuff like Chair Theory and the Rathalos tweet. It was troubling to see people lean on them; that stuff isn't Sakurai's MO. I'm racking my brain for any time a theory like that has ever actually been right.

The box theory was a different beast though, considering it wasn't Sakurai's doing, and it was built off the back of leaks.

NineS

Smash Lord
I just remembered Project Ultimate/Project NX is a thing.

Anyone have any clue on how that's going so far?
or more importantly, if they have plans on adding more characters for some reason?
though I imagine there'd be legal troubles if they did.

D

Deleted member

Finished Final Fantasy 9. It took me a long time, but I finally did it. Everyone is right.

This is the best Final Fantasy. I don't even know how to describe how the end-game went, but man. All I can remember was Trance Kuja's battle music was WAY too ****ing stanky. But yet it was so good.

So let's all agree -- if there is going to be a Square rep for Smash Ultimate, it's going to be Zidane. As a fellow supporter of Geno and welcoming person to the likes of Erdrick, and even Sora, look. Their games are great. Hell, even with Cloud being in, it's a testament to how far we've come. Final Fantasy 7 is great, just like the rest.

...but it isn't Final Fantasy 9.

Also unpopular opinion: Dark Messenger is on the same level of One-Winged Angel and you cannot attest to this.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
should i start playing wild world on my DS to keep waiting for animal crossing

i would play the others that i have but

>no gcn / wii out
>wii thing dont work
>never got new leaf lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
nintendo has so many old franchises that they just sit on and leave to rot for whatever reason

like yeah, i understand kids are gonna understand the brand of pokemon or mario but are clueless about ****in doshin the giant, but there's a lot of untapped potential in the idea of rebooting some of these unexplored genres that older games attempted to provide at the time
Imma need Nintendo to make sequels for all the minor franchises like...right now

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Not outright dismissing them is ok, but actually lending credence to that stuff was bad news. Well stuff like Chair Theory and the Rathalos tweet. It was troubling to see people lean on them; that stuff isn't Sakurai's MO. I'm racking my brain for any time a theory like that has ever actually been right.

The box theory was a different beast though, considering it wasn't Sakurai's doing, and it was built off the back of leaks.
In all fairness I largely spoke against the Chair and Rathalos theories. Since purple and yellow are complementary colors, I argued those two colors as a pair were too common together to point at anything specific. The Rathalos tweet I ended up brushing off as most likely being a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom