• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Skull Kid fans were just Zelda fans. Myself included.

Like, I want Skull Kid, but more than anything I want a Zelda character. We haven't gotten a legitimate newcomer since Melee. The hell.
Honestly, same here. However, thinking about the potential of Skull Kid, I really warmed up to the idea of him. I always silently wanted him because Majora's Mask is like tied with MGS4 for my favorite game of all time but I never actively supported him. Until I bandwaggoned. And, in hindsight, I knew it wasn't going to happen deep down but like, he could have been a really cool choice and I will forever stand by that.

If we ever do get another Zelda character I want it to be Skull Kid. Personal Bias in full throttle.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
You know what I realized?

64 and Brawl are the only installments in the series so far where Sakurai never suffered health issues in the making or atleast mentioned any.

Melee- Worked for 13 months straight with no breaks until he collapsed.

Wii U/3DS- Calcific Tendinitis.

Ultimate- Taking IV drips.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Made it more accurate. It's kinda sad how forgotten Kamek is, he'd have a fun moveset in an underused archetype, but you never hear anyone talk about him. There's almost more discussion for King Boo.
How I'd personally imagine the original Smash 64 if but reversed.

King Boo/Bowser/King K. Rool/Ganondorf/Ridley/Black Shadow
Porky Minch
/Kamek/King Dedede/Wolf/Meowth/Mewtwo

Bold means unlockable.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly, same here. However, thinking about the potential of Skull Kid, I really warmed up to the idea of him. I always silently wanted him because Majora's Mask is like tied with MGS4 for my favorite game of all time but I never actively supported him. Until I bandwaggoned. And, in hindsight, I knew it wasn't going to happen deep down but like, he could have been a really cool choice and I will forever stand by that.

If we ever do get another Zelda character I want it to be Skull Kid. Personal Bias in full throttle.
I'm Team Midna. But Skull Kid would be lovely to have. The game needs more villains.

D

Deleted member

What problem? People's gripes with ATs are fully speculation related and ultimately has no bearing on the game once we got the last character.

I was a Shadow supporter and I had no problem with PP because I know those two have nothing to do with each other.
This.

I'd probably have been angry if Plant was revealed right after a Waluigi disconfirmation though, since same series and all.
But Waluigi was revealed as an Assist early, so Plant was more of a "what am I looking at" type deal (coming off the high that was Incineroar's reveal, so I was in a far better mood :V)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hey gu---

*Chair theory*

View attachment 197343
No friend come back we were just having a completely rational discussion about chairs, and what it could mean for Ultimate DLC!

For instance, I believe that Top Cat is an absolute lock.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How I'd personally imagine the original Smash 64 if but reversed.

King Boo/Bowser/King K. Rool/Ganondorf/Ridley/Black Shadow
Porky Minch
/Kamek/King Dedede/Wolf/Meowth/Mewtwo

Bold means unlockable.
>king boo
>1999 game with a 2001 character

we told you about this twice and you're still doing it wrong

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, FF9 is the only FF I've ever played, so hell ya I'd be down for it.
I mean look, in SOME capacity I've played all the usual suspects of what Square reps are thrown out.

Geno - I've started and finished Super Mario RPG, and it truly is the groundroots of what Mario RPGs SHOULD be. Never a dull moment and a truly fantastic game. Do I think Geno should be in? It's a seriously hard ****ing battle against almost icons, but I won't count him out, at the least.

Sephiroth - We already have Cloud, I don't think we need another FF7 character. Besides, how many new songs would we get? One? FF7 is great, but... Not that great.

Crono - Chrono Trigger is one of the "golden standard defining" RPGs out there, though unfortunately doesn't have much to go off of, mainly being a semi-one off series. It's a great game, but if we're talking about Smash, Crono is almost in a similar situation as Geno, though he has the upper hand of being the protag at least.

Sora - I'll forever **** on Kingdom Hearts and say how it continues to prove Nomura's incompetence, but hey, it has a following and I genuinely enjoyed the first few hours of Kingdom Hearts 2 (that, and 356/2 Days are the only games I've played). The gameplay is pretty good, though I haven't played 3, so I'm not FULLY ****ting on the series. I do know there's pretty huge weight to it, however, so I'd still welcome him regardless.

Dragon Quest reps - The only game I played for like an hour or two was Dragon Quest Heroes I & II for Nintendo Switch, and while it was laggy as all hell, it was pretty fun. Pretty foreign to the series, but I do know the legacy in Japan behind it.

Now see, take all of those, and compare it to Zidane. I don't think I've ever felt genuine whimsical feelings in an RPG before until Final Fantasy IX. It really does feel like the end of an era for what Final Fantasy was, and man does it show. God ****ing bless Sakaguchi. Zidane's essentially, in SOME aspects, a better Rex. He essentially carries a huge reason why, to touch on some relatable ****, some of us have the instinct to help one another, in that, well... You don't need a reason.

And from beginning to end, after coming back to Final Fantasy with the only games I've ever played was XIII and XV, and looking through other FF franchises and the other Square franchises... I just can't help but to be that guy where I say "...but it isn't Final Fantasy 9", it's THAT good. OST, characters... All of it.

If Final Fantasy VII and Xenoblade can get in, let's get our monkey boy in. I was a huge Geno supporter, but dammit, man... I just can't help but be a Zidane supporter now.

D

Deleted member

This.

I'd probably have been angry if Plant was revealed right after a Waluigi disconfirmation though, since same series and all.
But Waluigi was revealed as an Assist early, so Plant was more of a "what am I looking at" type deal (coming off the high that was Incineroar's reveal, so I was in a far better mood :V)
I do not know why people would even be upset over PP.
PP was supposed to be a joke character to promote the DLC. I understand that Shadow and Isaac being deconfirmed hurts, but at least be happy for the plant.

D

Deleted member

The moment I saw the Box Theory I realized everything else was fake.

#TeamBox represent.
Honestly, this. I admit that I was edging towards #TeamReal on Grinch because it was difficult to deny and some things just "added up" (at the time, anyway), but the Box was most reasonable to believe up until then, especially with the whole Ken/Incineroar deal.

All the arguments against there being only two characters left to reveal (an Echo between a certain set of characters which would obviously have been Ken and one Newcomer) were just terrible, not going to lie. And the lengths people went to disprove it and how emotional people got just because people believed in the Box Theory is hilarious.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester confront your errors and change them coward

you shouldnt use king boo because luigi didnt even have character until 2001 nor did he even exist until 2001

use king bob-omb intead

Last edited:

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Wasn’t Plant meant to be in the base roster judging by having a Palutena guidance while the other DLC characters won’t?

Because cause that would’ve been much worse imo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Box Theory was true, but it was an easy guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

PP was supposed to be a joke character to promote the DLC. I understand that Shadow and Isaac being deconfirmed hurts, but at least be happy for the plant.
People have every right to be upset over a joke if they don't see the humor in it.

While it's never really a case of "if Plant wasn't included, we'd have Isaac/Shadow/Geno/Banjo/whatever", the very fact that Plant got in over someone they wanted is something not everyone is going to take so easily, joke or otherwise.

What can be funny to some can be absolutely insulting to others.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
People have every right to be upset over a joke if they don't see the humor in it.

While it's never really a case of "if Plant wasn't included, we'd have Isaac/Shadow/Geno/Banjo/whatever", the very fact that Plant got in over someone they wanted is something not everyone is going to take so easily, joke or otherwise.

What can be funny to some can be absolutely insulting to others.
If you find it insulting then you probably take this silly party game too seriously.

I say this as a competitive player who's logged Arceus knows how many hours into this silly franchise.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Because people have characters they want, and knowing that a character they didn't want get chosen over a character they did want, especially if it's a character made for the sake of the joke, is disappointing.

Inb4 someone comments "because they're dumb, lol."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Party game"?

Viridi admits it is a fighting game.

Please do not take this seriously.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Because people have characters they want, and knowing that a character they didn't want get chosen over a character they did want, especially if it's a character made for the sake of the joke, is disappointing.

because they think they have superiority over the millions of millions of other people who buy the game

,lol.

"Party game"?

Viridi admits it is a fighting game.
But Nintendo also classifies it as a party game.

Nintendo > English Voice Actor :smirk:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you find it insulting then you probably take this silly party game too seriously.

I say this as a competitive player who's logged Arceus knows how many hours into this silly franchise.
That is completely unfair of a statement.
And I say that as a Piranha Plant player that actually found the concept to be so ridiculous that it was hilarious.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
because they think they have superiority over the millions of millions of other people who buy the game

,lol.
That doesn't make any sense.

"Disliked Piranha Plant" does not somehow correlate to "thinks they are superior over everyone else."

That post was supposed to be a joke, but I agree with you.
Well let's just say you've said far more ridiculous things than that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's less "a character they didn't want" and more "a character so out of left field that no one in their right mind would EVER even remotely entertain the idea legitimately that somehow squeaked by" in this case.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That doesn't make any sense.

Disliked Piranha Plant does not somehow correlate to superiority over everyone else.
its 3 AM and that is not the context i used at all

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That is completely unfair of a statement.
And I say that as a Piranha Plant player that actually found the concept to be so ridiculous that it was hilarious.
What's so unfair about it? I'll be honest - Piranha Plant's novelty wore off on me really fast. His trailer had me laughing at it's reveal but I only found him fun to play as for like, a day. I never play him anymore.

But it's not like I've never been disappointed by a character reveal before, I just know better then to take it too personally and get emotional over it. I didn't care about Isabelle, but that doesn't mean that her reveal trailer was a personal attack on anyone who doesn't like Animal Crossing. Some people acted like it was, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it too early to say this

I feel like Smash's future installments might have the "domino effect".

:ultridley::ultkrool:

"What about Geno, Isaac and Waluigi?

*Geno, Isaac and Waluigi*

"What about Shadow, Springman and Ashley?*

*Shadow, Springman and Ashley*

"No Takumarku nor Rex?"

*Takamarku and Rex*

Feel free to judge me. :V

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

"What about Shadow???"

*Shadow*

thats :mewtwomelee: been :ganondorfmelee: a :sonic: thing :warioc: since :4littlemac: the :4shulk: beginning [insert the entire gimmick of smash ultimate here]

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's less "a character they didn't want" and more "a character so out of left field that no one in their right mind would EVER even remotely entertain the idea legitimately that somehow squeaked by" in this case.
Well, I was more saying "didn't want" to include more neutral/surprised reactions as opposed to outright "dislike."

That's mainly what I'm trying to get at. I've seen plenty of people with neutral reactions to characters turn to outright dislike due to the perceived hieharchy of character selections denying their personal wants.

"What about Shadow, Springman and Ashley?*

*Shadow, Springman and Ashley*

"No Takumarku nor Rex?"

*Takamarku and Rex*

That has applied to every fighting game roster of all time ever. There will always be a limited amount of resources and those that aren't fortunate to be blessed with them being used on what they want will dislike the design decisions. Most clear example being a game like MvC:I.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Now, I’m not in the boat of thinking that Plant not being in would give people their most wanted instead because it doesn’t honestly work like that.

Shadow and Isaac are deconfirmed either way and nothing we can do about it until next game, Geno’s fate is debatable but Banjo still got a shot.

:ultpiranha: is a harmless joke no doubt but a very very badly timed one.

The fact that they’ve prioritized an enemy that’s served nothing but a level obstacle that’s never even been playable in a single Mario spin-off while Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy etc have yet giving it full fledged playable status in one of gaming’s most highly anticipated fighting crossovers over actual fan favorites that people having requesting for a long time.

Yeah, I don’t blame people for finding it as a giant middle finger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom