• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I have a fun little topic in mind so we end this conversation on a high note: Would you all be down for a color-change mode in the future? Like, say you take your Main and choose preselected color slots. You can customize them however you like. If you view this as a problem with people trying to engineer situations where their characters blend in with the background of a specific stage, fear not. Only you can see your own edit online. Whoever the player chooses will appear as that default costume slot, as to not abuse interface screw. Does this sound like a neat option to have, or are there other more appealing ideas worth exploring that haven't been done yet in the franchise?
So I can recreate EVERY Yarn Yoshi design? :yoshi:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I have a fun little topic in mind so we end this conversation on a high note: Would you all be down for a color-change mode in the future? Like, say you take your Main and choose preselected color slots. You can customize them however you like. If you view this as a problem with people trying to engineer situations where their characters blend in with the background of a specific stage, fear not. Only you can see your own edit online. Whoever the player chooses will appear as that default costume slot, as to not abuse interface screw. Does this sound like a neat option to have, or are there other more appealing ideas worth exploring that haven't been done yet in the franchise?
It sounds like it might be a bit too complicated to implement for 70+ characters, but if it were somehow feasible it'd be really nice to have. It's always nice to be able to add your own personal touch to things, and there are some characters who I'd really like to see better alts on.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Didn't say you were angry. But the conversation's getting old. You're making a ton of leaps in logic and generalizations, and when multiple users tell you this, you double down on them instead of acknowledging them. No one's getting heated. The conversation just isn't going anywhere and it's starting to get annoying.

ATs aren't a slap in the face, lots of people actually really like the characters you don't like, chill.
Alright look, if I came across as entitled.
I apologize for that wasn’t my intention, I wasn’t trying to generalize the entire fan base into wanting specific fan requested characters, I just want some people’s voices to be heard and why I think certain ATs should upgraded so certain fans be happy and not feel left out.

The whole “D-Tier” comment I made was completely idiotic and misworded the point I was making, I never meant that those certain characters were bad, I meant it in the way they were lesser known and niche.

I never said people didn’t like the joke characters and by assuming I don’t like those all characters I listed is wrong and kinda hypocritical.

:ultvillager::ultduckhunt::ultrob:&:ultgnw: were all brilliant inclusions to the series and they brought a silly charm because they showed how creative the team is and prove that they can be fighters, now I know this applies to :ultwiifittrainer: and :ultpiranha: but I’m gonna admit that I hated these two due to my personal preferences.

Smash can be an extremely frustrating series, they only get made every 5-10 years per console and it be seen as one of the reasons why some people will want their favorites in so they can be satisfied and not get snubbed for a joke character they probably won’t find funny, it won’t matter since many will enjoy the off wall picks but some will feel that way regardless.

I’m aware ATs are seen as a silver medal, but the way they are often presented can give fans the impression they’re slaps in the faces, not that they officially are because that ain’t Sakurai’s intention.

Look, I don’t want to cause any fights here so once again, I’m sorry for overreacting.

Let’s forget and move on.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I can recreate EVERY Yarn Yoshi design? :yoshi:
I love Yarn Yoshi's amazing Charizard amiibo costume.

...Okay but really how is it that Nintendo had an easier time getting the rights to some third parties then to a character that they actually own?

But then again, Sega might sometimes be a little too loose with who they let do what with Sonic. There's probably a reason the live action Pikachu looks cute while live action Sonic looks like an abomination.

D

Deleted member

Ah, forgot to do my weekly avatar change yesterday. You twisted people got anything?

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
The thing about the PP problem, this is already a game filled with heavily wanted veterans and newcomers. The big three of Ridley, K Roll and Castlevania, all the veterans of past games, popular new characters and echoes bringing in previously unthinkable characters. Sure slots were more limited this time around and we had the previous "surprise" characters in the roster already, but you're never going to please everyone and not letting one character exist because maybe there could have been one you wanted in instead hypothetically is kinda unfair? Especially when the roster makes the majority of the joke ballot results in that "never ask for anything from me ever again" comic a reality.

Looking at the previous characters allegedly planned to debut through game data but didn't for whatever reason, and never got to later, maybe you could decipher a trend of current irrelevancy now? Pluslexand Minum's time has passed as it's long past the 3rd generation, there may not be much of a current drive for more Toon Zelda characters as there were in Toon Link's time, Dixie might have just been there due to her original tag team idea with Duddy, and sad as it would be to say, maybe even Rhythm Paradise character chances have passed after their most recent game only got a digital release in the US. So Rex and Springman could be just as unlucky.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Squadala, he is off! Farewell.

I guess now I have no choice but to play FFVII or Kingdom Hearts… but that can wait until I have some money.
Maybe once I change my avatar one of these days, you can use chunky Yoshi in this image...

View attachment 197351
What’d he eat?
Also, can you read Japanese, or is there an English translation? Or, do you just work out what’s happening via the images like the rest of us?

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Do I want an explanation?
Apparently the Chinese president's appearance has been compared to Winnie the Pooh before, and he didn't like that.

So Pooh gets to be censored in China. Say hello to the Chinese Kingdom Hearts III.

D

Deleted member

Apparently the Chinese president's appearance has been compared to Winnie the Pooh before, and he didn't like that.

So Pooh gets to be censored in China. Say hello to the Chinese Kingdom Hearts III.
Go towards the light, Xi Jinping.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
What’d he eat?
Also, can you read Japanese, or is there an English translation? Or, do you just work out what’s happening via the images like the rest of us?
I'm assuming Goombas from the previous panel (remember, this is a manga. Right to left)

And unfortunately, SMK has no English translation and only has fan-made ones for the first few chapters. I'd buy the ever living **** out of this series due to how adorable my boi is in it, but it's a shame there isn't :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

So uh, is Pooh actually edited so poorly out of all his content, or…?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I love Yarn Yoshi's amazing Charizard amiibo costume.

...Okay but really how is it that Nintendo had an easier time getting the rights to some third parties then to a character that they actually own?
One of the major things that makes it a bit rough to snag Pokemon's license, is the fact that it's owned by three separate companies. Nintendo, Creatures inc., and GAME FREAK. The Pokemon Company was founded to make the process a bit easier, but it's still fairly tough.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
One of the major things that makes it a bit rough to snag Pokemon's license, is the fact that it's owned by three separate companies. Nintendo, Creatures inc., and GAME FREAK. The Pokemon Company was founded to make the process a bit easier, but it's still fairly tough.
Yeah, I know all about Pokemon's split rights, although I guess I didn't make that clear in my previous post. I just think it's funny that Nintendo has partial rights and still struggles with it a bit sometimes.

At last we eventually got Pokemon sprites in Mario Maker. Here's to hoping they come back for Mario Maker 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom