• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I will not let this thread pass 2008 without a single mention of Mario Kart Wii, which is the best Mario Kart game.

EDIT: Thank you Mr. Sakurai

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If this makes any sense, hyperactivity is just being hyper. Autism is a bit more, such as having certain quirks and such. (It’s incredibly hard to explain. lol)
Don’t worry, I understood your post.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
2009, *****es. You know what game came out.

Mother****ing Resident ****ing Evil ****ing 5. On this date 10 years ago.

Realtalk, if anyone wants to play it on any platform, I own it and I will play with you.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ah, 2009...

The year this beauty was introduced to the world
266px-Steve_Revision_1.png

Can't believe it's been 10 years

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It seems I’m the only one who doesn’t memorize release years. lol

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
2009, *****es. You know what game came out.

Mother****ing Resident ****ing Evil ****ing 5. On this date 10 years ago.

Realtalk, if anyone wants to play it on any platform, I own it and I will play with you.
I used to think RE5 kinda sucked then RE6 came out and now it's not that bad

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Lots of amazing games released this year including one of my all time favorites:

D

Deleted member

I will not let this thread pass 2008 without a single mention of Mario Kart Wii, which is the best Mario Kart game.

EDIT: Thank you Mr. Sakurai
And yet for some reason on a number of best to worst Mario Kart lists, it’s listed as one of the worst. Why? No idea.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Retail stories? Hoo boy.

So back in college I was working the counter at one of our campus's many convenience stores. I'd just finished restocking the shelves since nobody was there and mopping the floor. The store would close in literally two minutes.

Cue some very drunk guys fresh off a kegger run stumbling into the store. My manager is in the bathroom and I'm alone, annoyed that they're coming in so late. So they go to the milkshake machine and one of them gets a massive extra large milkshake (cake batter flavored, IIRC). His friends get bored and ditch him because I guess they realized this wasn't supposed to be a group activity. Well, the drunk dude trips over his shoelace, splatters the milkshake all over the wall, glass doors for the refrigerated section, and the newly mopped floor, and knocks over a shelf of chips. Then he stumble-runs away, getting up much faster than he fell down.

I'll give you two guesses for who had to clean it up.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
In honor of this blessed page/year/anniversary, I offer the hit single by the duet of Roger Craig Smith and DC Douglas:

D

Deleted member

Ah, 2009...

View attachment 196520
Minecraft is a huge deal, at least for me.

In the same way that Final Fantasy completely changed the RPG genre when it released, Minecraft made the industry care even more about the Sandbox genre of games. The game would inspire many titles who would release after (many being great like LEGO Worlds, Dragon Quest Builders or Disney Infinity).

In my case, I like what I have played of Minecraft a lot (although the spiders in the game make me a bit uncomfortable, for some reason).

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Retail stories? Hoo boy.

So back in college I was working the counter at one of our campus's many convenience stores. I'd just finished restocking the shelves since nobody was there and mopping the floor. The store would close in literally two minutes.

Cue some very drunk guys fresh off a kegger run stumbling into the store. My manager is in the bathroom and I'm alone, annoyed that they're coming in so late. So they go to the milkshake machine and one of them gets a massive extra large milkshake (cake batter flavored, IIRC). His friends get bored and ditch him because I guess they realized this wasn't supposed to be a group activity. Well, the drunk dude trips over his shoelace, splatters the milkshake all over the wall, glass doors for the refrigerated section, and the newly mopped floor, and knocks over a shelf of chips. Then he stumble-runs away, getting up much faster than he fell down.

when the story started off with a drunk dude I was betting on puke

now that stuff is hard to clean

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
2009 was a good year for me. Not to get all Personal(TM), but it was when I felt I was breaking out of my awkward phase post-high school as I was tranisitioning to college life and made friends again (even if the social group was complete **** and introduced me to the WORST people in my life, though i didnt realize it at the time). I was doing well in college, I felt motivated and confident, I was enjoying my fandoms and passionate about them and there was little to no drama about them. I even got myself Brawl for Christmas, and it was the year two of my favorite JRPGs came out (one of which was if I may say so myself, unfairly panned).

I at least wish I had that motivation and confidence from that year back...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oooooooh 2009.

Underrated gem that gets way too much hate coming through.

Featuring this good boy.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
when the story started off with a drunk dude I was betting on puke

now that stuff is hard to clean
HEY YOU KNOW WHAT'S HARD TO CLEAN.

INFLATED BOUNCE HOUSE OBSTACLE COURSES FILLED WITH KIDS WHO RUN THROUGH IT FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF AFTER INGESTING CAKE AND ICE CREAM.

I have all of the worst bodily-fluid-cleaning stories unless someone here works in murder investigation stuff.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Retail stories? Hoo boy.

Oh god, you reminded me of the time I had to clean up after some jackass dropped their beer bottle and I had to clean it. Doesn't sound so bad but there was this kid that kept ****ing licking the beer-dirt-sud liquids off of the floor

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
why is it current year and people still don't know what irony is
It’s ironic because he was expecting it to be posted on page 2008, but it was the first post of page 2009. Definition of irony for
refrence.
D576CD4E-50B6-4C5B-B85E-51B47DEBC9CF.jpeg
Maybe I am just misinterpreting this definition.

D

Deleted member

Ah, 2009...

View attachment 196520
Can't believe it's been 10 years
For as much tension that seems to go on between the Banjo and Steve fanbases, I can't not admit that Minecraft is a pretty great game. It was my goto chillout game for a long time and it's charming in a simplistic way.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey, this is only tangentially related to years in general, but Smashboards has only been copyrighted in 2018, not 2019.
Oh **** Nintendo can buy the rights and add me to Smash now.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
And on one last note before I load furniture into a truck, here's all you need to know about RE5 and Jill being in Smash in one gif.

You're all welcome.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Well if he liked it he should have put the ring on it
the ring was on it actually that's how it ripped

she was climbing on some shelves in the back and when she jumped off, her graduation ring got caught on one of the holes in the beams and her finger went right off

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom