• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Into the Spider-Verse I honestly thought was average at best. How people sees Black Panther being overpraised and overhyped the same I felt with that movie.

Especially given Ham, Noir and Peni don't even appear until close to the third act.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
We've arrived at 2007, and oh boy! This one's a doozy!

Mass Effect
The Witcher
Assassin's Creed
Uncharted
Portal
Team Fortress 2
PC Destroyer Crysis
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Best Lego game, don't @ me)
Rock Band
BioShock
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Halo 3
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Mario Galaxy

Possibly one of the best years ever, in gaming

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey page 2007, the year the granddaddy of the modern hero shooter came out.

TF2 is basically the Melee of FPS games, only it's survived to this day in spite of it's incredibly small E-sports presence. 12 years later, It's still consistently in the top 10 games played on Steam.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If it follows the script, you're the one about to be stuck on there after a bunch of "yes I will" and "no you won't".
Except Smashing Ramen isn't an intellectual, like Spider-Ham.

And then people say I’m mad as hell for the Fantastic Four.
I'm about to burn his **** off, but your chill.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, but really that's more of a combo extender. More often he just lets them spin around him.

His actual main method of long range attack is doing an iai cut that's so fast it travela across time and space to make a ball of pure slashes where the target is. It's the stupidest coolest crap.
Ok but Judgement Cut isn't super funny when you think about it too much
Yeah that's an one you pick up working retail considering you'll run into at least 7 men a day who for some reason completely lost track of their spouse while staring at a corn label for too long or something.

The hard part of retail is dealing with the customer's jokes

*item has an error ringing up*
"OH THAT MUST MEAN IT'S FREE RIGHT?"
God those can be nearly as terrible as "I'd like to speak with your manager" and crying babies, one time some assholes asked about free Fanta because of a promotion from the Cola company. After I explained it they went "Wow it's good I'm not some autistic freak". I was at a loss for words because how the **** do you react to that without causing a job?

Luckily I can get super nice customers, had some call me an angel. Wonder if I'd still get those kind of reactions if I wore my goth lipstick. If that ever happens I'm blasted Lock And Load Blackened Angel from my phone whether my boss likes it or not

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

Oh boy, this one's a doozy!

Mass Effect
The Witcher
Assassin's Creed
Uncharted
Portal
Team Fortress 2
PC Destroyer Crysis
Rock Band
BioShock
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Halo 3
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Mario Galaxy

Possibly one of the best years ever, in gaming
you forgot about Lego Star wars the complete saga

D

Deleted member

Ok, so what did my favourite franchises get in 2007?
Let’s see...

View attachment 196506
Got a decent game on consoles... But a surprisingly great DS port of it.

View attachment 196507
Had a wonderful game for the Wii with nice motion controls.

View attachment 196508
Got a worse flick with the worst adaptation of Galactus ever done.

Was still dead years after Final Wars
Quoting the post since I jumped the gun too fast.

you forgot about Lego Star wars the complete saga
I love that game a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I have some bucks on the 3DS I need to spend. Good 3DS games under 20?
Obligatory Resident Evil post from me:

RE: Revelations is quite possibly the highest quality cinematic experience on 3DS, with beautiful 3D visuals and solid shooter gameplay. Its story is ridiculous even by RE standards, but it's built with a portable in mind by giving you short, goal-oriented chapters that are usually unique in their design compared to the others before it. One of the best games on 3DS.

Or if you want something more mindless, The Mercenaries 3D is great for anyone into Mercenaries. I've put about 600hrs into that game but that's because I'm a Mercs fanatic. It's a specific taste.

Both go on sale frequently on the eShop, all the way down to $5. Capcom has sales all the time.

D

Deleted member

God those can be nearly as terrible as "I'd like to speak with your manager" and crying babies, one time some ******** asked about free Fanta because of a promotion from the Cola company. After I explained it they went "Wow it's good I'm not some autistic freak". I was at a loss for words because how the **** do you react to that without causing a job?

Luckily I can get super nice customers, had some call me an angel. Wonder if I'd still get those kind of reactions if I wore my goth lipstick. If that ever happens I'm blasted Lock And Load Blackened Angel from my phone whether my boss likes it or not
I hope this isn’t an insult. o-o

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Hey page 2007, the year the granddaddy of the modern hero shooter came out.

TF2 is basically the Melee of FPS games, only it's survived to this day in spite of it's incredibly small E-sports presence. 12 years later, It's still consistently in the top 10 games played on Steam.
God bless this game. Random fact: it's still my most played individual game at 2700+ hours.

Play it, cowards

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The hard part of retail is dealing with the customer's jokes

*item has an error ringing up*
"OH THAT MUST MEAN IT'S FREE RIGHT?"
I just got fifteen years worth of PTSD just now.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

God those can be nearly as terrible as "I'd like to speak with your manager" and crying babies, one time some ******** asked about free Fanta because of a promotion from the Cola company. After I explained it they went "Wow it's good I'm not some autistic freak". I was at a loss for words because how the **** do you react to that without causing a job?

After moving from a stocker to a manager, the hardest part of my job was hands down having to deal with old dudes harassing the teenage girls up front.
customers ****ing suck
I just got fifteen years worth of PTSD just now.
I remember working 15 hour shifts up front and coming home, closing my eyes, and still hearing the beeps from the register very faintly in my ear

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm voicing in a game and they did an interview with the VA's, and I'm in it, so that's cool.
That’s some great news!
I wish I could be a voice actor, but my voice is too specific to the point that I don’t fit for most roles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That’s some great news!
I wish I could be a voice actor, but my voice is too specific to the point that I don’t fit for most roles.
Like, your normal voice?
For most voice over roles you are going to have to alter your voice anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
After moving from a stocker to a manager, the hardest part of my job was hands down having to deal with old dudes harassing the teenage girls up front.
customers ****ing suck

I remember working 15 hour shifts up front and coming home, closing my eyes, and still hearing the beeps from the register very faintly in my ear
When I worked in clothing for a few years, there were multiple times when I was the only male working there. The amount of times I had to step in to relieve one of my female coworkers getting harassed is honestly very depressing.

D

Deleted member

Like, your normal voice?
For most voice over roles you are going to have to alter your voice anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
May try it in a year or two then.
I really like to voice characters.

D

Deleted member

Oh oh oh are we sharing retail stories? One time these teens were getting handsy with each other in a JCPenney fitting room so I asked them to leave and they did but while walking out the door the girl pulled a knife and said "next time you won't be so lucky"

These kids were like HS Freshmen I never saw them again

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
When I worked in clothing for a few years, there were multiple times when I was the only male working there. The amount of times I had to step in to relieve one of my female coworkers getting harassed is honestly very depressing.
Good on ya for helping out.

May try it in a year or two then.
I really like to voice characters.
Casting Call Club is a good website to get started. Here is my account, for example.
https://www.castingcall.club/m/Nate Fernandez

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’ll see if it works for people in Spain.
Thanks for the support!
Works for people in any country. You send your auditions and voice lines online, bassically.

Oh god, sorry for making you feel that way, if I ever bring it up again I'll try to word it more carefully
I have some autism too, but autistic jokes really don't bug me honestly.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Good on ya for helping out.
Well they're friends, of course you help out. Often it was a simpler "I'm not feeling comfortable, can you take over what I'm doing while I hang in the back for a bit?"

But sometimes it was a more dramatic thing where I had to kick a guy out. That probably happened four times in two years.

D

Deleted member

Oh god, sorry for making you feel that way, if I ever bring it up again I'll try to word it more carefully
It’s ok. No harm done. I appreciate that you apoligzed.

(Hope I don’t come off as touchy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom