• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I was watching Arlo's post-reveal discussion about Pokémon Sword and Shield.

"Nobody wanted random encounters to come back!"

*****, what? I actually like random encounters.
Gonna be honest. Random encounters are my least favorite part of any RPG that has them.

It's one of my favorite features of Let's Go.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ahem, allow me to plug in Bravely Default which allows you to manually set the encounter rate yourself from 0% to 200%

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yes.. yes it is.

I know it feels really weird. I first became a Pokemon fan during Gen 4, and that was almost 13 years ago.

The games that I originally started w/ are now the ones being speculated to get remakes.

And on top of that, we're going into the 8th generation this year... it's almost surreal.
I started with Gen 1.

Like, Red & Blue just came out and all the cool kids have a copy Gen 1.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
really missing when burger king nuggets were shaped like little crowns
Same. We used to call them "Elephants" too as a joke. To the point we rung them up as "4 piece elephant" on the computer. For obvious reasons, our District Manager didn't like that.

The new designs are much more bland. Though they still taste amazing~

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ahem, allow me to plug in Bravely Default which allows you to manually set the encounter rate yourself from 0% to 200%
I still need to start that game. I bought it like three months ago.

Hey remember yesterday when we kept tagging Gentlepanda Gentlepanda ? That was fun.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The thing I hate about random encounters is that it makes finding rare pokemon super tedious. Finding Mimikyu for my dex in SM took forever.

I guess that's the point with them being rare and all, but I'd rather see other methods of making rare monsters hard to find such as making them only appear in a hidden location or something.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Same. We used to call them "Elephants" too as a joke. To the point we rung them up as "4 piece elephant" on the computer. For obvious reasons, our District Manager didn't like that.

The new designs are much more bland. Though they still taste amazing~
idk how long BK has had buffalo sauce but it is absolutely phenomenal. I've been sleeping on BK for so long this place is pretty alright

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I still need to start that game. I bought it like three months ago.

Hey remember yesterday when we kept tagging Gentlepanda Gentlepanda ? That was fun.
New Game: Tagging tag. Whoever gets tagged is "it" and must tag another. No tagging anyone who already been tagged, and no tagging anyone who hasn't been on here recently. Gentlepanda Gentlepanda is it at the moment.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
idk how long BK has had buffalo sauce but it is absolutely phenomenal. I've been sleeping on BK for so long this place is pretty alright
I just go for the Surge.

Like, I don't really like the food much. But they have Surge. So I go.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I’ve never hated random encounters. Although I haven’t played Let’s Go so maybe I’ll change my mind if I do,but I guess they just don’t really bug me.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
bro who else would that thing be for if not children let him have some fun

honestly it can't be any worse than what we all grew up looking at
I'm all up for letting kids have fun, but this is a bit concerning. The video included extensive swearing, and probably more...
Maybe I'm just being over protective.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright guys, I got another Quickplay update.

Except I wanna make a little game out of it...

There are 2 characters that I'm currently playing, one has a GSP of 3.84 million and the other has 3.5 million.
*Note: I've played these characters enough online where the GSP increase/decreases at a normal/standard rate

I want you guys to guess which 2 characters I'm referring to.

But there are 2 little things to keep in mind:
- I've never mentioned playing either of these characters before
- Neither of them are in my signature

If I get the 3.84 million GSP character into Elite (which is about 2 wins away), I'll reveal both characters... or after enough failed attempts, whichever comes first.

Good luck.
Um... Wario and Greninja. I have no idea to be honest.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I'm all up for letting kids have fun, but this is a bit concerning. The video included extensive swearing, and probably more...
Maybe I'm just being over protective.
pretty certain a good majority of the population grew up hearing and saying swear words. it's not a big deal

I started in 5th grade personally. When did you guys all start saying them?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

pretty certain a good majority of the population grew up hearing and saying swear words. it's not a big deal

I occasionally said a naughty no-no word in 6th grade I think, but I didn’t really start using them until secondary school because I was an edgy teenager.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Doesn't Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom have a California Pokemon reigon thought project or am I thinking of somebody else
To be fair, I had forgotten my region is composed of both California, Las Vegas, Vancouver and and North Canada, Alaska, and Greenland lol.

0627870E-D0CA-4DFD-BF4C-BF2E16C31B57.jpeg

Grass starter is a deer that evolves into a Grass/Ice Moose and the Fire Starter evolves into a Fire/Ground Star Nose Mole. The Grass Starter represents the north area (SF and Canada) and the Fire Starter represents the LA area.

5BDE62E3-0B44-4A28-87A1-7B26295E2EAA.jpeg

And the Water Starter is a Spiny Lobster that’s Water/Ground. It represents the San Diego and Baha area.

89B28F4B-7D79-46BE-939F-E09A2CC6B6AB.jpeg

Oh and found my preliminary map of the Prottos region.

FB956A9E-B133-486C-B32F-AAF7C0632FEA.jpeg

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like Random Encounters in Pokemon.

I love that tall grass gives a defined area for that to happen too.

I don't like it in caves though. Really should have.... dark rocks or something.

D

Deleted member

im a good boy so i never swear

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
im assuming its good? looks very nickelodeon
It's like if Mountain Dew got its **** together.

It's my favorite drink, and they started producing it again four years ago, but it's hard to get and usually costs like $4+ per can. Burger King started carrying it last year and it's the only place I can get it without buying a 12 pack online.

EDIT: Huh. Double post? I could've sworn there was a post between these two. Oops.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
4th grade. We swore like a sailor but never around adult figures of course.

When I moved from Racist Boot State to Texas every kid/teenager regardless of race started saying the n-word like crazy. I actually wasn’t prepared for that and I don’t personally use it because I dunno... I just personally think it sounds dumb.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I actually use my fakemon designs to give away as collectible cards for my elementary students to collect here in Japan. A common card is saying hello to me in the hallway or answering a question. A legendary card is holding a meaningful conversation with me for more than 3 minutes. They can also evolve them through a point system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom