• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Introducing the weed pokemon: Dogg
Ability: BLUNT Force
All physical attacks have a chance of confusing the enemy Pokemon and vice versa.
snoop_doggs_dogs.jpg

fire starters have traditionally been higher tier than their grass/water counterparts. Infernape, Zard, and especially blaziken
And they just so happen to be my favorite fire starters by sheer coincidence, lmao

I actually really like Infernape as its just Pokemon's Sun Wukong. A lot of the other fires seem like they're just normal people wearing animal themed face masks, especially Incineroar.

Though, to be fair, Emboar is also based off some mythology but... it's emboar.
The concept behind Infernape is cool, but I wish they could have executed it better. As for Emboar, it's the nearest thing to Pokemon Pig Ganon, but even then it's kinda underwhelming to look at. Meanwhile, Typhlosion is...Typhlosion and Delphox is Missed-Opportunity: The Poke-Mage.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I know everyone is excited about Pokémon Sword and Shield but I, Venus, want to introduce you to an entirely different adventure!

Pokémon God and Pokémon Goddess!

Come travel in the Prottos Region, the birthplace of ancient democracy, philosophy, and home to many legendary myths and heroes! It’s divided into 8 city states, each with its own Gym Leader. However, the Irinni and Dyanmmi city states hold overall power and influence in Prottos. Irinni in the north is governed by scholars and philosopher while Dyanmmi in the south governed by military leaders and renowned warriors. The Pokémon you can choose depends on which one these two city states you come from!

Irinni Starters

Dyanmmi Starters

Which one will you choose? Join us when this game never comes out!
I like Puppunk and Hydropony (and Squidimple is just the right kind of weird. :laugh:)

An idea I had for a Pokémon fangame is "Pokémon Gang Wars", where instead of having Gym Leaders the eight Leaders you have to beat are Gang Bosses. I only ever designed the Dragon and Fire type Bosses (unrelated to the Rock and Ice Gym Leaders I've shown before, which were for a more traditional fangame idea).

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
make sure you read the manga afterwards cause the thread has a lot of filler arcs
I'm jumping to the present discussion once we officially know who the next DLC character. No point in seeing people speculate who Brave is when we'll already know. Me lagging behind like this is rather convenient though. I still occasionally see posts about the great Grinch War which I pretty much completely missed since I was thousands of pages behind.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So question: Is Meltan and Melmetal Gen 7 Pokemon, or Gen 8 Pokemon? Because they were revealed before Gen 8, but they we're only in Go and Lets Go, which were spin offs.

In addition, they have no National Dex number, as well as no abilities.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I can see the "band-aids" on Scorbunny's nose being a cloth/patch thing to rub and cause electric stuffs.

I think Kirby had an ability like that in The Crystal Shards, rubbing a cloth or something on his head.

Though I do fear that it might actually be band-aids because of it being a fighting-type. Honestly I didn't care before, but I realized that they literally made three fire starters be fighting as well all in a row, and they could go with more unique typings.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My mom finished my birthday cake and it looks amazing! this pleases the plant!:ultpiranha:
4CA3D974-F8A0-4EB5-8363-DBD2C186BA3E.jpeg

#PLANTGANG

D

Deleted member

I can see the "band-aids" on Scorbunny's nose being a cloth/patch thing to rub and cause electric stuffs.

I think Kirby had an ability like that in The Crystal Shards, rubbing a cloth or something on his head.

Though I do fear that it might actually be band-aids because of it being a fighting-type. Honestly I didn't care before, but I realized that they literally made three fire starters be fighting as well all in a row, and they could go with more unique typings.
I thought the bandaid was supposed to reference football players sometimes having bandaids on their nose.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I actually really like Infernape as its just Pokemon's Sun Wukong. A lot of the other fires seem like they're just normal people wearing animal themed face masks, especially Incineroar.

Though, to be fair, Emboar is also based off some mythology but... it's emboar.
Everyone eventually does a Sun Wukong rip-off.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Everyone eventually does a Sun Wukong rip-off.
I literally cannot think of a single popular chinese or japanese thing that doesn't have sun wukong shoved in somewhere. In fact the west is catching on too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So question: Is Meltan and Melmetal Gen 7 Pokemon, or Gen 8 Pokemon? Because they were revealed before Gen 8, but they we're only in Go and Lets Go, which were spin offs.

In addition, they have no National Dex number, as well as no abilities.
I'm quite sure it's stored in the games' code as gen 7.

D

Deleted member

So the idea popped into my head, what do you guys think a Pokémon generation/region based off California would be like?
It’d be pretty huge. My only guess is that it’d be themed similar to the Californian themed park in California, California Adventure. Or at least before they started to realize that makes no sense.

I wish California was as gay as non Californias think it is.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's not even a Pokemon thing.

Every Nintendo franchise is guilty of not taking big risks, save MAYBE Mario.

They all sort of stick to their formulas and don't venture too far off them.
In my mind there's nothing wrong with that. We say we want something new and different, but at the same time, we often lambaste games and movies that differentiate from what we expect or want from them. There's a comfort in buying a game and knowing what the experience will be before you play it.

I mean, I love watching the Office. But every episode follows essentially the same structure. Every character acts the same way. I know the punchline's coming, but I love it anyway. If one episode is suddenly way different, that's not what I came for. I came for what I expected. That's what I want.

Yeah, Mario games can only seem to deviate so much. But I'd rather they focus on what they know they can do than the alternative: e.g. Sonic the Hedgehog's long history.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright guys, I got another Quickplay update.

Except I wanna make a little game out of it...

There are 2 characters that I'm currently playing, one has a GSP of 3.84 million and the other has 3.5 million.
*Note: I've played these characters enough online where the GSP increase/decreases at a normal/standard rate

I want you guys to guess which 2 characters I'm referring to.

But there are 2 little things to keep in mind:
- I've never mentioned playing either of these characters before
- Neither of them are in my signature

If I get the 3.84 million GSP character into Elite (which is about 2 wins away), I'll reveal both characters... or after enough failed attempts, whichever comes first.

Good luck.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I really hope the rabbit is Fire/Electric, I just think fire and electricity together looks really cool aesthetically. If it’s fighting I think gamefreak is just meming us at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom