• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Has super smash brothers affected your social lives in any way? Like for better or worse?
I met a friend or two through Smash. Besides that though, I haven't been better or worse off with it, but it has a positive impact on most people in the grand scheme of things.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I know everyone is excited about Pokémon Sword and Shield but I, Venus, want to introduce you to an entirely different adventure!

Pokémon God and Pokémon Goddess!

Come travel in the Prottos Region, the birthplace of ancient democracy, philosophy, and home to many legendary myths and heroes! It’s divided into 8 city states, each with its own Gym Leader. However, the Irinni and Dyanmmi city states hold overall power and influence in Prottos. Irinni in the north is governed by scholars and philosopher while Dyanmmi in the south governed by military leaders and renowned warriors. The Pokémon you can choose depends on which one these two city states you come from!

Irinni Starters

Dyanmmi Starters

Which one will you choose? Join us when this game never comes out!
Gimme that grass dog. I'd choose the cephalopod if it were a Nautilus specifically.

D

Deleted member

Has super smash brothers affected your social lives in any way? Like for better or worse?
Without Smash, this place would not exist.
Smash took me in a more positive path.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Dear ShinyLegendary,

Please do not do this ever again.

With much love,

Pokechu
Colon Parenthesis
Dear Pokechu,

I did not mean it like that way.

With much love,

ShinyLegendary
The Curious One

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I love the game and always wanna play with people but I either get too trolly when playing or too frustrated with myself to play with anyone for too long.

There was one guy who got mad at me for a day because he was very readable so instead of punishing him I kept saying "do something else" and avoiding it lol

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I know everyone is excited about Pokémon Sword and Shield but I, Venus, want to introduce you to an entirely different adventure!

Pokémon God and Pokémon Goddess!

Come travel in the Prottos Region, the birthplace of ancient democracy, philosophy, and home to many legendary myths and heroes! It’s divided into 8 city states, each with its own Gym Leader. However, the Irinni and Dyanmmi city states hold overall power and influence in Prottos. Irinni in the north is governed by scholars and philosopher while Dyanmmi in the south governed by military leaders and renowned warriors. The Pokémon you can choose depends on which one these two city states you come from!

Irinni Starters

Dyanmmi Starters

Which one will you choose? Join us when this game never comes out!
I like the squid and the spider.

The others are cool too, those two just stuck out to me, though Puppunk's color scheme sticks out too because I like Green & Black.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Was just asking cause I had a cute girl at school I've been eating breakfast with the past 2 weeks tell me it's really weird how into the game I am and I probably don't have many friends due to the fact that I'm always seen playing smash with people in the student union
Sounds like she never had fun playing a game, huh

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
No thank you.
I choose not to smoke marijuana because it could damage my mental capabilities.
i choose not to cause i generally don't like the smell or inhaling anything other than what i need to

but i don't think it would do anything to my mental capabilities except making me slightly more creative for a little while :denzel:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've met some people in my classes who I wouldn't have through playing Smash with them, and they've been pleasant.
So I would say for the better, if just by a little bit

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Was just asking cause I had a cute girl at school I've been eating breakfast with the past 2 weeks tell me it's really weird how into the game I am and I probably don't have many friends due to the fact that I'm always seen playing smash with people in the student union
I imagine in another decade or two as more and more top entertainers become broadly popular streamers/content creators (e.g. Ninja), that mentality will die down mostly. We're at a point today where video games aren't as stigmatized as they were a decade or two ago, but some people obviously still have some hangups.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
it's cause she wants your smashing all to herself

just kidding she ain't good for you

Noipoi

Howdy!
Imagine even talking to a girl in the first place.

This post was made by the Noipoi tried and failed so he's never gonna try again gang.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"Yeah well, it's really weird how you're so into other people's business and you probably don't have many friends due to how judgemental you are!"

runs off crying to bathroom.

D

Deleted member

Okay I dunno if you guys know this.

But i'm very excited for Pokemon Sword & Shield.

View attachment 195039
Pokegay

Why don't you play something that requires real strategy like figuring out how exactly to word this email to people so that you don't sound like an idiot or insane and why did I sign up to write articles for my school's ****ty magazine I don't like talking to people much less begging them for interviews over email like a ****ty panhandeler aaaaaaaaaahhh

D

Deleted member

okay well then who do I date? you? staindgrey? Uglie Gwendolyn? A DVD copy of Shark Tale? The Mormon tabernacle?
have u ever tried marrying your career all the fourty-somethings i know tell me its a great way to stop being depressed

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wow, that’s some good artwork and designs mate. Would play.
Thanks. That one is finished save for a few ancestor forms I made for pre-existing Pokemon.

Here are some preliminary designs for my California region.
0F94BB25-B2FE-4F92-A0B6-11FD9AEDEC03.jpeg

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Pokegay

Why don't you play something that requires real strategy like figuring out how exactly to word this email to people so that you don't sound like an idiot or insane and why did I sign up to write articles for my school's ****ty magazine I don't like talking to people much less begging them for interviews over email like a ****ty panhandeler aaaaaaaaaahhh
Warning! Not Smashboards canon:
Been there, done that, didn't get the stupid t-shirt.
Tips:
Talk to people in real life before you do the interview about regular things. It helps make things easier. Also, if possible, ask people for the interview in real life, as they're more likely to say yes. Finally, interviewees usually do most of the talking for you and all you have to do is find a question tangentially related.
You can do it! I'm the most awkward person I know and I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom