• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They could also not because of how much of a backlash it got.
The backlash would last as long as the hatred people had for Daisy and the leader of the (Piranha) Plant Gang...so it won’t be a long time (not like we’d have another Waluigi moment anytime soon)

D

Deleted member

sobble and grookey are precious little babies then this sonic lookin' *** digimon is like “HEY KIDS DON’T DO DRUGS!” and then speeds to the parking lot to key your car
This is woke. You have a cute lizarb and mumkey, then you have the smug asshole rabbit.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

They could also not because of how much of a backlash it got.
You could also say that for the Waluigi backlash so unless Assist Trophies miraculously get upgrades it's rather unlikely for them to backpedal on making Waluigi an Assist.

There's always gonna be Backlash no matter how much you try to please people, We wanted K. Rool yet after the August Direct I saw some people complain about K. Rool. It's impossible to do something without there being backlash no matter how big or small so why try and avoid Backlash (except when it's something serious of course).

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Speaking of Pokemon, the only major ones I haven't played so far are X/Y and Ultra Sun/Moon.

I played Sun/Moon, felt it had a lot of potential, but didn't quite live up to it. Then I hoped that Ultra would fulfill that, but I heard it created even more problems? Without spoiling anything, can someone tell me what Ultra managed to screw up?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Everyone is going off about how braindead easy Sun / Moon were while Smeargle, Type: Null, Totem Wishiwashi, Totem Lurantis, Totem Mimikyu, Guzma, Lusamine, and the ground Kahuna come to mind as fairly challenging parts of the game for me. Even Solgaleo got pretty close to sweeping my team before I caught it. Although in all fairness I got really bad RNG against Lurantis since it summoned Castform on turn one.

US/UM had some extra lategame difficulty with Ultra Necrozma, Totem Ribombi and a Boomburst spamming Noivern in the Kommo-o totem battle.

For the record I played with exp.share off.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Scorbunny will turn into a sleek super fast athlete rabbit that’s loves competing.

Sobble’s gonna be this huge jacked sea lizard that’s wrecks everyone who bullied it.

Grookey Confuzzles me. I have a theory, but it could honestly turn into anything.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’d be more inclined to believe it’s possible to see a promotional rep if it wasn’t just Corrin before, however it’s only happened once so I don’t think the odds are that much higher or lower than anyone else.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

USUM and SM get too much hate in this thread.
USUM is considered a "lame cash grab", but USUM was perfect for shiny hunters.
SM also had a better story than XY.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’d be more inclined to believe it’s possible to see a promotional rep if it wasn’t just Corrin before, however it’s only happened once so I don’t think the odds are that much in their favor.
If we do get a promotional rep its likely not to be a TH Fire Emblem character given the controversy Corrin stirred.

D

Deleted member

If y'all want challenge in your Pokemans, do a nuzlocke. They're fun, and make every part of the game feel 10x more stressful!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think nostalgia is hitting some people here.

Only reason some people think the older games are hard is because they were young when they first started.

That and bad game design. Don't be borked like Johto.

D

Deleted member

I hope after Sword and Shield, we get a Sinnoh remake.

Am I the only Sinnoh fan that is active in this thread?

D

Deleted member

Everyone is going off about how braindead easy Sun / Moon were while Smeargle, Type: Null, Totem Wishiwashi, Totem Lurantis, Totem Mimikyu, Guzma, Lusamine, and the ground Kahuna come to mind as fairly challenging parts of the game for me. Even Solgaleo got pretty close to sweeping my team before I caught it. Although in all fairness I got really bad RNG against Lurantis since it summoned Castform on turn one.

US/UM had some extra lategame difficulty with Ultra Nectozma, Totem Ribombi and a Boomburst spamming Noivern in the Kommo-o totem battle.

For the record I played with exp.share off.
Turning off switch and EXP share does wonders for the difficulty of the recent games, but IMO they still edge on the easier side more often than not.

D

Deleted member

I think nostalgia is hitting some people here.

Only reason some people think the older games are hard is because they were young when they first started.

That and bad game design. Don't be borked like Johto.
TBH I felt this way playing Kingdom Hearts 1 FM a while back.

Is the game actually hard, or just clunky? I feel like this kind of stuff crops up in video game difficulty discussions a lot.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I came to this site to advocate for Yoshi...

It seems like I may have a secondary goal now...
Yess

YESSSSSS

LET THE POKE-HYPE FLOW THROUGH YOU

You guys think Scorbunny has his own brand of yogurt?
He better
Speaking of Pokemon, the only major ones I haven't played so far are X/Y and Ultra Sun/Moon.

I played Sun/Moon, felt it had a lot of potential, but didn't quite live up to it. Then I hoped that Ultra would fulfill that, but I heard it created even more problems? Without spoiling anything, can someone tell me what Ultra managed to screw up?
Mangles the story, which was awesome in Sun and Moon.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just lemme skip cutscenes.

****in... 30 years and I still gotta be told how to catch my damn pokemon.

D

Deleted member

Hot take: SM had a better story then BW.
I have to disagree, but SM's story does get too much hate in this thread.

It is a better story than XY.

The characters in SM are more vibrant and have more personality. Team Skull is a hundred times better than Team Flare in every way too.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Turning off switch and EXP share does wonders for the difficulty of the recent games, but IMO they still edge on the easier side more often than not.
Well yeah, Pokemon has always been on the easy side with a few exceptions per game (usually Gym Leaders / Elite Four).
Just lemme skip cutscenes.

****in... 30 years and I still gotta be told how to catch my damn pokemon.
Let's Go had it so I'd expect SS to have it to, but then again Gamefreak.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I liked the stuff in US/UM, but I guess the alternate timeline is sorta weird.

I mean, it's not like Lusamine was much different anyway, she just came to her senses about what she was doing and her daughter before her life was being sucked out of her this time (which ended up not happening).

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel like you could have put all the Ultra stuff in og Sun and Moon and it woulda been great. Keep the good story, Make the Necrozma stuff a post game episode. Rainbow Rocket too.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i don't care about the standard Pokemon tutorial but I would like for it not to be wayyy too extended

Just fix the pacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom