• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I guess what we can all take from this is that Gordeau should be in DBFZ

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
None of those three really play anything alike. UNIST isn't even an ARCSYS game either. They are French Bread, the same devs who did the Melty Blood games.
Nor does Fighterz look anything like the other two. BBTAG and UNIST only having any similarities due to TAG having UNIST characters in it.
I still cant get over the fact the studio is named French Bread

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is objectively wrong
FighterZ explicitly has Toriyama's artstyle meshed with the Guilty Gear tech.
CTB and UNIST is only an argument for the UNIST characters in CTB.

Arc Sys has multiple dev teams, Team Blue worked on CTB, another worked on DBFZ. French Bread developed UNIST.
Also why not complain about Namco? They have Soul Calibur, Tekken, Dragon Ball and they had a part in Smash.

None of them play even remotely the same.
DBFZ is 3v3 game with really slow matches due to the meta being based on snapbacks and the like.
CTB is an incredibly fast paced 2v2 game and can have a match be done in as little as 10 seconds.
UNIST is a 1v1 game and is heavily based around the neutral and it's GRD mechanic.
Well then maybe they could BOTHER to have a DIFFERENT ARTY STYLE if they’re so unique from each other.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So there may have been a very real leak on 4chan. Called the game names and UK-based region.

According to the leak...
Legendaries are a wooden horse and metal snake
Meltan ties into legendary lore and "Armor Evolutions." Charizard, Mewtwo, Flygon, and Zeraora get Armor Evolutions.
Armor Charizard better be like that Project M costume:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I think it's fair to say that most anime look similar to one another, compared to Western animation. There's differences and nuances in the art styles, of course, but the fundamental aesthetic is often the same. You look at it and go "Yep, that's anime." There's some exceptions with very different styles, but they're exceptions.

Compare that to four shows on Cartoon Network that all came out around the same time some years back: Adventure Time, Regular Show, the Amazing World of Gumball, and Steven Universe. All very different and visually distinct from one another on a foundational level.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Why though? Anime is....... arg.

I just don’t like the art style. Like, western popular cartoons all have unique and different art styles that often clash when you just put them together without redesigning. Anime all has the exact same art style. Put Goku next to Naruto. You wouldn’t have any reason to believe they’re from different shows.
C5A9BF8E-6C7D-4469-820F-C83248ED4E9B.jpeg

2BA71B37-ADF6-4D83-831F-CD88705483A9.jpeg

Actually the same amount of difference.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Well then maybe they could BOTHER to have a DIFFERENT ARTY STYLE if they’re so unique from each other.
Fighter Z doesn't look like either of those games, Under Night only looks like CTB due to have some of their characters featured in the game. The UnderNight characters don't really look similar to BB/P4/rwby.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
But. They. Don’t. Same way of drawing faces, same way of drawing bodies. Same way of drawing everything. It’s all. The same.
If you seriously can't tell the pretty obvious difference between anime art styles then this argument is a lost cause lmao

D

Deleted member

You've heard of the CalArts style, now get readu for the (not)awaited return of "All japanese cartoon is the same!"

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Bank was made with the sole intention of keeping all your pokemon going forward for the series regardless so I doubt they wouldn't let the new gen use it. Though they might make us wait a bit into the new games to make us use the new mons for a while

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I mean. Just look at the lineup.

You’ve got Ultimate, Street Fighter, Tekken, and Mortal Kombat, as to be expected.

SoulCalibur 6 and Samurai Shodown. Recent trendy releases.

And then you have FighterZ, Cross Tag Battle, and UNIST. Similar aesthetic, similar developer, similar gameplay. Just... drop one of them and play something different like Injustice or KI
OK... as someone who's plays FighterZ regularly and has played Cross Tag Battle, and UNIST occasionally:

-Just because something looks anime doesn't mean they all look the same
-All of them have pretty unique gameplay, and that's ignoring the fact that one is 1 v 1, one is 2 v 2, and the other is 3 v 3
-Just b/c something comes from the same developer doesn't mean that both shouldn't be included: Melee and Smash 4 do exist (not to mention Guilty Gear and Blazblue appearing side by side before)

Look I get it's weird to see UNIST in the main lineup, but to be honest I don't see any reason for them to go for Injustice or KI over UNIST. It's not like either of those games have a massive # of participants.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Anime tends to go for more semi-realism while cartoons go for more heavy stylization, so you do get a good handful of odd cartoons that look very different from the rest of the pack though.

To say all anime styles are exactly the same though is silly. Lots of them copy eachothers styles and there's some universal themes in between them but to say that the all look like exactly the same styles is simply not true. I'm not a big anime junky but put Goku and Naruto side-by-side and I for one wouldn't believe they're from the same anime just as I wouldn't believe Lucina and Red are from the same video game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom