• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I mean. Just look at the lineup.

You’ve got Ultimate, Street Fighter, Tekken, and Mortal Kombat, as to be expected.

SoulCalibur 6 and Samurai Shodown. Recent trendy releases.

And then you have FighterZ, Cross Tag Battle, and UNIST. Similar aesthetic, similar developer, similar gameplay. Just... drop one of them and play something different like Injustice or KI
I mean, anime fighters are popular, obviously pretty popular

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now that we have a Switch Pokemon game, are the 3DS-born Pokemon trapped there? I'm not expecting connectivity, tbh, but it'd be cool.
They're almost certainly going to bring Bank to the Switch.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So there may have been a very real leak on 4chan. Called the game names and UK-based region.

According to the leak...
Legendaries are a wooden horse and metal snake
Meltan ties into legendary lore and "Armor Evolutions." Charizard, Mewtwo, Flygon, and Zeraora get Armor Evolutions.
Yeah I'm not buying that just yet, "sword and shield taking place in the UK" sounds like something people could have guessed. And based off the logos I'd expect the main legendaries to be more wolf-like.
"Armor Evolutions" also sounds pretty farfetched to me to. Why would Charizard and Mewtwo need them when both those characters already have two megas each? And don't pull the "gen one pandering" card on me, that only goes so far.
Now that we have a Switch Pokemon game, are the 3DS-born Pokemon trapped there? I'm not expecting connectivity, tbh, but it'd be cool.
They'll probably add Pokemon Bank connectivity. Backwards compatibility is really important to the pokemon series.

Let's Go was just weird in a lot of ways.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

You’ve got Ultimate, Street Fighter, Tekken, and Mortal Kombat, as to be expected.

And then you have FighterZ, Cross Tag Battle, and UNIST. Similar aesthetic, similar developer, similar gameplay. Just... drop one of them and play something different like Injustice or KI
I still don't see how FighterZ has similar aesthetic with UNIST.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So there may have been a very real leak on 4chan. Called the game names and UK-based region.

According to the leak...
Meltan ties into legendary lore and "Armor Evolutions." Charizard, Mewtwo, Flygon, and Zeraora get Armor Evolutions.
Armor Evolution?

La la la~ la la la~ lala lala la lala~
La la la la... lala laaa la laaa...
La la la~ la la la~ lala lala la lala~
Lala lala la laaaaaaaaa

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, anime fighters are popular, obviously pretty popular
Why though? Anime is....... arg.

I just don’t like the art style. Like, western popular cartoons all have unique and different art styles that often clash when you just put them together without redesigning. Anime all has the exact same art style. Put Goku next to Naruto. You wouldn’t have any reason to believe they’re from different shows.

D

Deleted member

ctb and dbfz dont look much alike at all lol
idk about unist but having an underdog game there to build its scene and community is a good idea

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I just don’t like the art style. Like, western popular cartoons all have unique and different art styles that often clash when you just put them together without redesigning. Anime all has the exact same art style. Put Goku next to Naruto. You wouldn’t have any reason to believe they’re from different shows.
you have an anime art styled avatar
Goku and Naruto dont even remotly LOOK the same

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

I get your point, since anime styles can often resemble each other very closely, but... Goku? He's a bad example, considering Toriyama's style is well known for being very distinct from any other.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace

Again, Fighter Z, CTB, and UNIST don't have similar gameplay. These are all very different games.
If any game could be dropped it could be one of the games that aren't even out yet for GG which is considered an OG game.
KI? Seriously? bro you're tripping, KI is even deader than IJ if I recall correctly.
And I'm saying this as someone who thinks CTB is absolute garbage, but it should be there over KI and IJ

Roberk

Smash Champion
I propose bringing the Bank to mobile devices, that way it’s universal and it’d be cool to throw in some features that let you interact with your Bank Pokemon in your phone kinda like Amie.

D

Deleted member

You do realize you're saying this as someone who has a anime avatar right?

D

Deleted member

If you think Kishimoto's and Toriyama's artstykes look even remotely alike you need some glasses

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The new starters evolve not all evolve into humanoids again.

Scorbunny gets a pass because it's already a little humanoid and Pansage 2.0 gets a pass 'cause its a monkey, but if my boy Sobbles gets the bipedal treatment I'm going to be outraged mildly disappointed.

D

Deleted member

this is literally a prime example of overgeneralization

D

Deleted member

Please tell me this is a joke.

Anime has just as many differing styles of animation as us in the west do, not to mention Naruto and Goku don't look anything alike.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed

What? How Goku is remotely similar to Naruto besides orange and spiky hair? Naruto has a semi-realistic style with soft body lines while DB is full of dudes who look like they are carved from stone. You can say they are from different artstyles just from the eyes.

Also "all anime is same" is stupid while stuff like Tatami Galaxy or Katanagatari exist.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991

If you look at a render of them, maybe compare the early series, sure, but by the end/by now DBZ and Naruto are completely incomparable. Plus that’s a very big over generalization. You can’t look at Dragon Ball, K-On, and Devilman Crybaby and say they’re one style. It’s like that ****ty stereotype that all manga has loads and loads of filler just because the HST does.

Last edited:

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace

You just proved yourself wrong with your own example.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

None of those three really play anything alike. UNIST isn't even an ARCSYS game either. They are French Bread, the same devs who did the Melty Blood games.
Nor does Fighterz look anything like the other two. BBTAG and UNIST only having any similarities due to TAG having UNIST characters in it.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Again, Fighter Z, CTB, and UNIST don't have similar gameplay. These are all very different games.
If any game could be dropped it could be one of the games that aren't even out yet for GG which is considered an OG game.
KI? Seriously? bro you're tripping, KI is even deader than IJ if I recall correctly.
And I'm saying this as someone who thinks CTB is absolute garbage, but it should be there over KI and IJ
To quote Maxamillion Dood “We Play Dead Games.” As long as their fun who cares about recencey.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And then you have FighterZ, Cross Tag Battle, and UNIST. Similar aesthetic, similar developer, similar gameplay.
This is objectively wrong
FighterZ explicitly has Toriyama's artstyle meshed with the Guilty Gear tech.
CTB and UNIST is only an argument for the UNIST characters in CTB.

Arc Sys has multiple dev teams, Team Blue worked on CTB, another worked on DBFZ. French Bread developed UNIST.
Also why not complain about Namco? They have Soul Calibur, Tekken, Dragon Ball and they had a part in Smash.

None of them play even remotely the same.
DBFZ is 3v3 game with really slow matches due to the meta being based on snapbacks and the like.
CTB is an incredibly fast paced 2v2 game and can have a match be done in as little as 10 seconds.
UNIST is a 1v1 game and is heavily based around the neutral and it's GRD mechanic.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

According to the leak...
I think I already have an idea as to what "Armored Mewtwo" would look like.

D

Deleted member

Bloody hell, just came back. Saw the direct. Looks like, uhh, another Pokemon game. I enjoy how very British the region is though.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
They'll probably add Pokemon Bank connectivity. Backwards compatibility is really important to the pokemon series.

Let's Go was just weird in a lot of ways.
Ok, good. I've spent hours raising Pokemon in Y, I'd really like to keep them. :V
I'd also like to preserve all the Pokemon I used action replay to get when I was a kid. :yeahboi:

Roberk

Smash Champion

I hope you’re joking. You can’t praise western cartoons for being unique when the CalArts style exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom