• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
That’s a myth made by someone who barely knew what they were talking about using selective examples
1551280923020.jpeg

These are all from different studios and even different networks, and they’re all some of the most popular shows in a past few years. ALso if you can pick and choose “selective examples”, so can I.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Guys, you're now ignoring me. I'm trying to say that Gamefreak appears to have finally got the Trainers face right. Previous generation's face looked more western. Hence why I said:

IS IT JUST ME, OR DO THE PROTAGONIST'S FACE LOOK JAPANESE?

They finally got the face right! I'm so happy for them lol. Yes I know it's a japanese game, but previous faces looked a bit more western with those big eyes and such haha.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

By your logic, all NES games have the same artstyle because they're 8-bit. Therefore, they're all uninspired
star vs the forces of evil is just an uninspired steven universe ripoff is just an uninspired gravity falls ripoff

osby

Smash Obsessed
"All anime same" people are weak and can't survive from Devilman Crybaby.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Guys, you're now ignoring me. I'm trying to say that Gamefreak appears to have finally got the Trainers face right. Previous generation's face looked more western. Hence why I said:

IS IT JUST ME, OR DO THE PROTAGONIST'S FACE LOOK JAPANESE?

They finally got the face right! I'm so happy for them lol. Yes I know it's a japanese game, but previous faces looked a bit more western with those big eyes and such haha.
Hopefully the expressions are more than : )

Pakky

Smash Hero
Grookey might be my son.

1551281110216.png

Oi gov, you've got a monkey on your shoulder!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

goddamn it another bipedal fire starter
Plot-twist, it becomes quadruped instead.

Anyways, yeah, can’t say I’m too excited since it looks like pretty much the same as always, but for what it is it looks aight. Hope there’s a substantial post-game at least. Also that fps though.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
D

Deleted member

You know something i made a support thread for an hour old character and it isn't completely garbage. Small victories.

D

Deleted member

The little video they had for the starters was a really cute way to introduce them.
I know right.

It seemed oddly high-brow in terms of visual fidelity if you compared it to the actual reveal trailer.

But I guess for some people the starters are more important than the region, so it adds up.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe there's an ongoing argument about cartoons vs anime because someone's pissed that EVO is more anime than usual this year.

Also, #GrookeyGang.

KMDP

Smash Legend
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , are you trying to tell me that these two characters

look the exact same.

Because if that's what you're saying then you might be legally blind.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Part of me really wants to hop onto the Sobble gang but I'm having memories of early Gen 5 speculation where I was Tepig gang up until the point I saw Samurott and Serperior.

...Ah what the heck #SobbleGang for life babies! Or at least until something changes my mind on it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , are you trying to tell me that these two characters

look the exact same.

Because if that's what you're saying then you might be legally blind.
I’m not saying they look the same. I’m saying that you could put one in the others show and you wouldn’t need to change how they’re drawn AT All. People would just assume they’re from the same show.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Part of me really wants to hop onto the Sobble gang but I'm having memories of early Gen 5 speculation where I was Tepig gang up until the point I saw Samurott and Serperior.

...Ah what the heck #SobbleGang for life babies! Or at least until something changes my mind on it.
You should join Us

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, yeah, not all western animation looks the same
Nobody was making the point that they do? You're the only one who started off your argument with generalizations and absolutes
Name 4 anime that look as different from each other as those 4 do.
Why? Are there supposed to be pictures there?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We seriously debating whether all anime looks the same? My guys. My lads. My blokes.
0ABA411B-15B9-41C1-8D46-12099AF23E39.png

CA34F89B-EE55-4E87-94E3-4B87C1A74AC7.jpeg

From two of the most popular anime of all time, in the same genre from the same time period, and they look a bit similar but still different. It’s the same thing as most Western cartoons. Come on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
1551281457431.png

Legit hate it.

Though if turns Water/Dragon I can't say ****.

1551281523959.png
Grass DK pLEASE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom