• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
"This region that looks like an upside-down England with a city that's totally not London can't be based off England".
This region that looks like Denmark or possibly Sweden that has Germanic buildings and towns, no sign of Wales, Cornwall, or Kent, and has no geographical simialrities to England in any way is CLEARLY England because muh Big Ben... even though every country on earth has a clock tower.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, for one UNIST characters are IN Cross Tag Battle. But if you really want me to say it then fine.

*cough cough*

I DON’T THINK WE NEED THREE ANIME FIGHTERS AT EVO!

Plus they’re all Arc System Works titles.
Well, I guess we just fundamentally disagree then. Lol. At least on the fact that they shouldn't be there just cause they're "anime fighters".

a tiny hentai
Oh, okay, thank you for imparting this knowledge.
And we will now refer to hentai as "large anime"

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I made an England region once. My fire starter was a Bulldog, my grass starter was a lamb, and my water starter was a crab. I forget the secondary typings though...made the sprites but lost them somewhere.

Kinda working on a Greece as well as a Cali region.

D

Deleted member

GUYS THERE'S A FIRE BUNNY. IT'S AMAZING. :drflip:

THERE'S AN ADORABLE WATER LIZARD. :drohyou:

Eh, you can keep the grass monkey. :drshrug:

I didn't watch it live, because all of the previous times I've woken up for an early Pokemon presentation, I've been let down. Figures they choose now to have a proper Direct and actually show the new game, lol. Looks very solid, with thankfully no LG stuff in sight. Looking forward to this one.:dr^_^:

...Why are random encounters back instead of the Pokemon just walking around, though. That was like, the one good thing LG did.

D

Deleted member

Sobble's probably gonna evolve into this huge buff sea serpent that'll **** you up for bullying him.
my brain says "dont decide on a starter until you see they're evolutions"
my heart says "grookey gang grookey gang"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So there may have been a very real leak on 4chan. Called the game names and UK-based region.

According to the leak...
Legendaries are a wooden horse and metal snake
Meltan ties into legendary lore and "Armor Evolutions." Charizard, Mewtwo, Flygon, and Zeraora get Armor Evolutions.

Noipoi

Howdy!
GUYS THERE'S A FIRE BUNNY. IT'S AMAZING. :drflip:

THERE'S AN ADORABLE WATER LIZARD. :drohyou:

Eh, you can keep the grass monkey. :drshrug:

I didn't watch it live, because all of the previous times I've woken up for an early Pokemon presentation, I've been let down. Figures they choose now to have a proper Direct and actually show the new game, lol. Looks very solid, with thankfully no LG stuff in sight. Looking forward to this one.:dr^_^:

...Why are random encounters back instead of the Pokemon just walking around, though. That was like, the one good thing LG did.
SCORBUNNY GANG?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
This region that looks like Denmark or possibly Sweden that has Germanic buildings and towns, no sign of Wales, Cornwall, or Kent, and has no geographical simialrities to England in any way is CLEARLY England because muh Big Ben... even though every country on earth has a clock tower.
Literally just rotate it 180. You can see Cornwall, Wales, Norfolk, and the city is where London is. The mountains are weirdly placed but the map clearly fits with the UK. On top of that, the trailer clearly shows hill figures which are prevalent over here, the trainer is wearing traditional english school dress (right down to the ridiculously small tie...). Does a single style of architecture you can also see here in the UK really supercede all of that?

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I know I said I was digging every starter, but Sobble's the best one so far. :colorful:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Game Freak will be Game Freak. Good game mechanic? Gotta remove it in the next installment.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Hi y'all! It's been a while since I last posted in the Smash Ultimate Social (last time I posted was back in the pre-Smash Ultimate days), but I wanted to drop in some news.

I just wanted to drop in the word that I made a thread on the Poke Center subforums on Smashboards dedicated entirely to discussing Pokemon Sword and Shield news!

You can access the thread in this link right here.

I thought I'd make a thread like that seeing how successful the Sun and Moon discussion thread was last time over at those subforums. Seeing how active this Social is and how many Pokemon fans there are here, I thought I'd spread the word to let the others know here.

Of course, I'll also discuss news about the Pokemon games in Socials like this one as well.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sobble's probably gonna evolve into this huge buff sea serpent that'll **** you up for bullying him.
What? Sobble is evolving!

Sobble evolved into...

GYARADOS!?

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So there may have been a very real leak on 4chan. Called the game names and UK-based region.

According to the leak...
Meltan ties into legendary lore and "Armor Evolutions." Charizard, Mewtwo, Flygon, and Zeraora get Armor Evolutions.
I see they're making up for Flygon's lack of love

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

According to the leak...
My main takeaway is
MY BOY FLYGON GETTING THE LOVE IT DESERVES

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

According to the leak...
ooh oh did you say Metal Snake? ooooo

D

Deleted member

New Pokemon game looks pretty conventional. Not very exciting, but I still look forward to getting a real Pokemon on the Switch.

I really hope that developing for a new platform won't mean that we'll see a downgrade in writing and content, but nothing's exactly indicating that to be the case, so I'll wait n see.

I do like the UK look of the region though, and the female trainer's outfit is cute as heck.

D

Deleted member

SCORBUNNY GANG?
Heck yeah Scorbunny gang. New Lopunny line looks great! That's not a diss I like Lopunny.

I don't even care that it's inevitabley gonna be Fire Fighting, it's adorable and I love it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, I guess we just fundamentally disagree then. Lol. At least on the fact that they shouldn't be there just cause they're "anime fighters".

Oh, okay, thank you for imparting this knowledge.
And we will now refer to hentai as "large anime"
I mean. Just look at the lineup.

You’ve got Ultimate, Street Fighter, Tekken, and Mortal Kombat, as to be expected.

SoulCalibur 6 and Samurai Shodown. Recent trendy releases.

And then you have FighterZ, Cross Tag Battle, and UNIST. Similar aesthetic, similar developer, similar gameplay. Just... drop one of them and play something different like Injustice or KI

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

According to the leak...
If they're Just straight up the Pokémon, but wearing armor like in the Lucario-Movie-Flashbacks I'm game

Noipoi

Howdy!
Some people are gonna be upset that it isn't Breath of the Pokemon, but-

1. we don't know all the details.
2. it looks great so hush.
3. what were you really expecting?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, time for my "less than one hour" observations and speculations with the starters.

Grookey seems like one that'd be partially fast, and something tells me that twig on its head may become important in its evolutions, kinda like with the Fennekin line. I would imagine that Grookey in later evolutions may become a monkey wielding a stick as a weapon, kinda like Farfetch'd, but better... think martial arts. So it could be a Grass/Fighting type in the end if this is the path chosen.
At the same time, the twig on its head could be something else. Perhaps if Grookey becomes a heavy gorilla or something of that nature on being a larger primate, it may move slower, but that stick might be a heavy club instead to make it a heavy hitter.

Scorbunny definitely is gonna start off fast, as bunnies generally are well, fast (not you Diggersby). Unfortunately, I can also fear that Scorbunny has a chance to go the Fire/Fighting route again with speed and kicking as its theme (don't we have Blaziken for this in a way?). The yellow on its body does make me wonder if Fire/Electric is possible as its description of it always running about could probably contribute to this. I don't wanna say Fire/Ground for the "running about" thing.

Sobble seems like it'll be the slowest, probably using water and mist attacks for camouflage in a way. Later evolutions likely could represent either a big, slow lizard, or have it become a chameleon to continue the timid personality that it has. I also could imagine it's likely to have Poison as its secondary type since some reptiles do have that poisonous/venomous attribute to em.
Also, I noticed that Sobble's tail is curled up, and that definitely speaks chameleon later on to me, especially that timid nature I mentioned before.

So in the end, I'd still have to see the evolutions to get a better idea on which one to pick.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Now that we have a Switch Pokemon game, are the 3DS-born Pokemon trapped there? I'm not expecting connectivity, tbh, but it'd be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom