• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Galar is very clearly English-inspired. The balance between "idyllic countryside" and "industrial revolution to outright minor steampunk" makes that pretty clear to me. Add in Galar sounding like "gallant" and, you know, sword and shield, and you throw in some medieval England inspired stuff.
Cornwall is missing, Wales is missing, that wall everyone is going to point out as a connection to hadrian's wall is clearly a mountain, "London" is on the wrong side of the region, i can go on if you all keep it up

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Unless it gets an awesome final evo, I don't think I'll have to worry about everyone begging for another grass starter in Smash.

View attachment 194855

I guess that was an unintended bonus for me.

Arceus, they're even shoving FE content in Pokemon now.
It's almost as if people wanted Rowlet/Decidueye (after the final evolution leak) because of its design more than the fact that it was a Grass starter, with the latter just being a bonus. :O

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Cornwall is missing, Wales is missing, that wall everyone is going to point out as a connection to hadrian's wall is clearly a mountain, "London" is on the wrong side of the region, i can go on if you all keep it up
uh
I'm pretty sure everyone is aware it's not meant to be a *replication* of that area

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Right before the presentation, we were thinking the titles could be Pokemon Crown/Pokemon Scepter or Pokemon Plus/Pokemon Minus.

Are people really saying Sword and Shield are bad names?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
uh
I'm pretty sure everyone is aware it's not meant to be a *replication* of that area
Which is why every region before it could fit almost perfectly over a map of their real life counterpart.. Funny how its clearly england but not clearly when its convenient.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
There was a chalk hillside drawing of a giant in the trailer which is clearly based off Cerne Abbas. Yeah, the region isn't a one-to-one replica of the UK, but there's enough elements there to say it was clearly inspired by the place.

EDIT: Be warned SmashBoarders, the real Cerne Abbas giant has a visible PP

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's almost as if people wanted Rowlet/Decidueye (after the final evolution leak) because of its design more than the fact that it was a Grass starter, with the latter just being a bonus. :O
Regardless of the reason, I'm done with starters and even moreso with Grass starters.

It's time for something else. Why not give us a Legendary, Sakurai?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Which is why every region before it could fit almost perfectly over a map of their real life counterpart.. Funny how its clearly england but not clearly when its convenient.
Okay, then, what do you think it's based off of just going by the shape alone :4pacman:

This is such a weird non-issue to have lol

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm kinda upset that overworld encounters aren't here. that was the one thing LGPE did right in my opinion. But everything else looks great so i won't complain.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There was a chalk hillside drawing of a giant in the trailer which is clearly based off Cerne Abbas. Yeah, the region isn't a one-to-one replica of the UK, but there's enough elements there to say it was clearly inspired by the place.

EDIT: Be warned SmashBoarders, the real Cerne Abbas giant has a visible PP
Why doesn't the Pokémon version have a huge ****? GameFreak being cowards again smh

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Pokemon Mystical Space Typhoon
Pokemon Mystery Science Theater

I keep going "Mystery Space Typhoon 3000" in my head recently every time someone brings up MST3K and it's killing me

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
mewtwo says hi
I didn't say we don't already have a Legendary in Smash, just that it'd be nice if we got one.

The past two Pokemon newcomers have been starters, and we're currently up to six starter Pokemon (seven if you count Pikachu). I'm just burnt out. Give me a little more variety instead of narrowing 800+ options to just three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom