• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
New region looks so retro and novel at the same time for some reason. It might be one of my favorites, not to mention it looks gorgeous.

Which one do you think will evolve into something Smashable?

I remember when gen 8’s starters were announced, I asked some of my classmates and they all said “Litten”. And they ended up being right!
I hope it'd be Scorbunny.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
New region looks so retro and novel at the same time for some reason. It might be one of my favorites, not to mention it looks gorgeous.

I hope it'd be Scorbunny.
Another Fire type though? I agree that he looks like he has the most potential, but it seams redundant.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also I think the people saying "tHe FiRe sTaRtErS aReN't BaSeD oN tHe ChInEsE zOdIaC!" can sit down now. :p

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Holy crap!

A Pokémon game...
Based off Westeros!

Brace yourself....

Pokémon is coming.

Jon Snow for Smash. Or Dany for Smash. Or both for Smash.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
GROOKEY

SOBBLE

SCORBUNNY I WANTED A FIRE RABBIT SCORBUNNY

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
So it begins...

The Pokemon hype train. I mean the Pokemon hype train.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Scorbunny.

Same.

If Aegislash isn't an available Pokémon in this game I'll be very disappointed in Game Freak.
Reminder that Solrock and Lunatone weren't in Sun and Moon.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Someone poked me for Pit stuff? Sadly I don't have optimal knowledge as I don't really look up the info and tend to go it alone this time. Apologies.

As for that Pokemon Direct...
Whoever said they wanted a fire bunny, you got your wish with Scorbunny.

Even I don't know who to pick this time. I would imagine that bunny is the fastest, then maybe the chimp, and finally the lizard... Hmm. I might have to wait for the evolutions to see which one I want.
EDIT: Definitely want Pokemon Shield though... since well, my defensive personality... you know...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Aw look at y’all...hyped for some Pokémon...just like Mama Jessie used to make

D

Deleted member

So Grookey's final evo is most likely for Smash because "Grass starter", right guys? :p

Which one do you think will evolve into something Smashable?

I remember when gen 8’s starters were announced, I asked some of my classmates and they all said “Litten”. And they ended up being right!
Something Smashable doesn't sound right.

Though depending on who you ask, a certain crowd might say Incineroar is "smashable". :V

D

Deleted member

Really interested in these two wolf-like figures.

Are these the mascot Legandaries for this Gen? Possibly, but it's hard to tell since both look identical.
Wolfs huh?

:ultwolf::ha ha ha the hunt is on boys!

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I got a feeling there is something about the Galar region i've been calling for awhile.. Germanic buildings and settings.. but not landlocked? And also too narrow to be england. Could someone put the pic of the Region side by side with a pic of Sweden and Norway?

Roberk

Smash Champion
I’m conflicting because I’m a grass purist yet Grooky looks and sounds disgusting. Only time I picked a non-grass starter was Froakie because the Chestnaught line was hideous. I’ll wait to see the final evolution but sadly I have to lean away from the grass starter again.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Fire Emblem meets Harry Potter = Three Houses

Pokémon meets Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit = Sword and Shield

Please tell me that wasn’t totally Bag End in the opening of the movie.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pokémon and Fire Emblem will be making us choose sides at the same time (year wise)...crazy

osby

Smash Obsessed
Really interested in these two wolf-like figures.

Are these the mascot Legandaries for this Gen? Possibly, but it's hard to tell since both look identical.
Getting Lycanroc as our mascot legendary is going to be weird.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I got a feeling there is something about the Galar region i've been calling for awhile.. Germanic buildings and settings.. but not landlocked? And also too narrow to be england. Could someone put the pic of the Region side by side with a pic of Sweden and Norway?
...It's clearly Britain.

Just with Wales cut off.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know Scorbunny has an athlete thing going on, but please don't be Fire/Fighting. You can be an athlete without being Fighting type.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You aren't one of those people claiming a fox is equivalent to the dog on the chinese zodiac are you?
Cyndaquil = Rat
Fennekin = Dog

When everything else lines up, it's clear these were the two "close enough" ones, all things considered. Especially when Cyndaquil is the Volcano Mouse despite being a shrew. The intent seems pretty clear...people have been predicting a Fire Rabbit starter for more than a decade because of it.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
LOOK AT THIS SASSY CHILD

View attachment 194846

THEY'RE COOL AND THEY KNOW IT
He's got a bandage above his nose. You know what that is stereotypical of?
maylene.png

Fighters. Prepare for possible Fire/Fighting bunny

Cyndaquil = Rat
Fennekin = Dog

When everything else lines up, it's clear these were the two "close enough" ones, all things considered. Especially when Cyndaquil is the Volcano Mouse despite being a shrew. The intent seems pretty clear...people have been predicting a Fire Rabbit starter for more than a decade because of it.
That's not how the zodiac works. Foxes are NOT dogs and represent very different things. Along with rats and honey badgers. If you have to make exceptions and "close enoughs" to make a theory work the theory is wrong.

If they wanted a rat they could easily make a rat, if they wanted a dog why would they make a second fire based fox? This doesn't make sense in the context of the theory and never gets explained in any reasonable way that isn't "I WANT IT TO BE RIGHT SO IT IS".

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm just waiting for the box legends to be revealed.

I'm neutral on all 3 starters (which is a first), so jury's out for me until more is revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom