• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So with Ultimate now being the only Smash game there at EVO this year, and how much of push it's getting comp-wise...

I smell a DLC character reveal.

afaffafaffff.jpg

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Hey, if everyone has input lag, then they're all on an equal playing field.
It's not about being on an even playing field, it's about the game feeling responsive. You can test it out yourself if you have a TV with a "game mode" or low latency setting. Turn it off, test how fast and responsive things are, and then turn the setting on, and compare. For some people it's negligible, but for super pro players, it can be a problem.

For example, apparently Ultimate has 6 or 8 frames of input delay (time between pressing the button and the action performing), and some people complain about it, but I haven't had any issues. Melee apparently only has 1 frame of delay? Which is one of the reasons its pro scene prefers it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So on the topic of food. What chips and soda do you guys drink?

For me. Doritos and Mountain Dew especially Voltage.
I don't really. ****'s bad for you.

If I eat chips, they're typically Tortilla, Baked, or occasionally Kettle (Salt and Vinegar is amazing), and I never really drink soda either since:
  • A). It's incredibly unhealthy to
  • B). WATER IS FREE
When I do, it's typically a glass or two of root beer when I go out to eat.

I'm wild, I know.

D

Deleted member

You’re missing out my friend.
No I am not.

I would rather drink water than rot my brains.

Water is my favorite drink. Other drinks I like would be orange juice and skim milk.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Regular potato chips, Doritos, or Pringles...or these "Stax" brand chips; Mountain Dew is my favorite.

I can mostly only drink water, however...or, well, any drink that doesn't have caffeine, really.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
D

Deleted member

So with Ultimate now being the only Smash game there at EVO this year, and how much of push it's getting comp-wise...

I smell a DLC character reveal.

View attachment 194804
Hey they announced the direct that revealed Simon/Richter/K. Rool after Melee finals last year, I wouldn't be surprised.
inb4 it's either Scorpion or Heihachi

D

Deleted member

Come on, don't you want G A M E R F U E L ? ? ?
I do not want stuff that rot me.

I would love to stay hydrated with water.

If I eat chips, they're typically Tortilla, Baked, or occasionally Kettle (Salt and Vinegar is amazing), and I never really drink soda either since:
  • B). WATER IS FREE

I'm wild, I know.
I love water too! Water is my favorite thing to drink.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

For chips: mainly any BBQ kind, kettle chips, Chili Cheese Fritos, and tortilla chips

Soda: Cherry Coke and Vanilla Coke, 7-Up/any lemon lime, Barq’s Root Beer, Vernors/Canada Dry, and several others.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh no delete this image.
Whoever mixes Doritos and Mountain Dew has to stay away from me.
Believe it or not, this has officially happened before, assuming both Mountain Dew and Doritos are both owned by Pepsi...

They had Mountain Dew flavored Doritos as a mystery flavor for a bit, back in 2008. And in 2014, They supossedly tested a "Dewitos" flavored Mountain Dew at college campuses. I wonder how well that turned out...

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

• B). WATER IS FREE

I'm wild, I know.
I mean... water ain't free.

If it was I'd spend like... $50 less per semester.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Believe it or not, this has officially happened before, assuming both Mountain Dew and Doritos are both owned by Pepsi...

They had Mountain Dew flavored Doritos as a mystery flavor for a bit, back in 2008. And in 2014, They tested a "Dewitos" flavored Mountain Dew at college campuses. I wonder how well that turned out...

I need to try that.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Ewww gross.

I drink no soda. Chips I like? I like Cheez-Its and sometimes Doritos, alongside Goldfish.

• B). WATER IS FREE

I'm wild, I know.
Nah, there was a whole year of my life back in elementary school or something where I didn't drink any pop, at all. It was fine.

I still usually drink water, but I'll have some pop now and then. But no more than a few times a week at most. Like, I can get a 12-pack of a soda and it'll take me months to finish it. I usually save them for times when I can sit back, relax, and game for hours. That way, it's more of a treat.

Not a big fan of chips, though. Like, I'll have some depending on the meal and occasion, but they're not something I seek out alone very often. I like nacho Doritos and classic Lays the most, though.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I really need to get out of the habit of drinking soda, it's really bad for me.

Also me: D̵̡̛̙͓̟̮̤͈̥́̕͘ȑ̷̲͍̝̀̈́̐͗̇̈́̀.̸̡̹̌̓ͅ ̵̹̮̘͕̲̰̔̓͑Ṕ̷̢̺̬̭̟̓̋ě̵̡̜̪̝̜̫͚̾̑p̷̢͓͖̲̯̈́̓͋̕̕͠p̵̘̲̥̩̙̠̣̩̈̓͗̌͌̐͝ę̶̛͎̓̊̃͘̕ŗ̵͓̼̯̗̗͍̓ ̷̨̫̖̪̫̐̂͛͐̅͘n̶̛̳̹̰̄̐̊̕͝ọ̴̍̍̉̄i̴̭̗̤̰̟̞̯̇s̸͉͓̜̘͒͌̓̈́̀e̵̮͉̠̲̔̐̈́͂͝s̸̢͈̥͚̀͛͗̈́̊̆͐́

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
All right... I'm out for tonight. Gonna play a little bit of Smash.

If I don't come back tonight, I'll see you all after the Pokemon Direct.

D

Deleted member

Here we go again...
Hey, we never thought Joker for The Game Awards and Ninty announcing a ****ing Direct of all things for EVO. This Switch era has thrown curveball after curveball of "What the ****?", IN A GOOD WAY, don't get me wrong. I just can't see a DLC reveal at this point.

Hey they announced the direct that revealed Simon/Richter/K. Rool after Melee finals last year, I wouldn't be surprised.
inb4 it's either Scorpion or Heihachi
HEIHACHI BOYS, IT'S TIME TO ****ING RISE

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I really need to get out of the habit of drinking soda, it's really bad for me.

Also me: D̵̡̛̙͓̟̮̤͈̥́̕͘ȑ̷̲͍̝̀̈́̐͗̇̈́̀.̸̡̹̌̓ͅ ̵̹̮̘͕̲̰̔̓͑Ṕ̷̢̺̬̭̟̓̋ě̵̡̜̪̝̜̫͚̾̑p̷̢͓͖̲̯̈́̓͋̕̕͠p̵̘̲̥̩̙̠̣̩̈̓͗̌͌̐͝ę̶̛͎̓̊̃͘̕ŗ̵͓̼̯̗̗͍̓ ̷̨̫̖̪̫̐̂͛͐̅͘n̶̛̳̹̰̄̐̊̕͝ọ̴̍̍̉̄i̴̭̗̤̰̟̞̯̇s̸͉͓̜̘͒͌̓̈́̀e̵̮͉̠̲̔̐̈́͂͝s̸̢͈̥͚̀͛͗̈́̊̆͐́
Dr. Pepper is healthy tho because it has Dr. in the name.
Pretty sure that's scientific fact.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Hey, we never thought The Game Awards and Ninty announcing a ****ing Direct of all things for EVO. This Switch era has thrown curveball after curveball of "What the ****?", IN A GOOD WAY, don't get me wrong. I just can't see a DLC reveal at this point.

HEIHACHI BOYS, IT'S TIME TO ****ING RISE
Except the Game Awards were highly suspected for a reveal because it was literally the night before Ultimate and Nintendo invests a lot of money into it.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Come on, don't you want G A M E R F U E L ? ? ?
They actually started selling those at the Wal-Mart across the street in single-cans, and they have a Cherry flavor that I've started getting one or two times a week. It's actually pretty good. Now, whether or not it actually improves your alertness, accuracy, and stuff, I don't know or care. The can also has a really cool resealable design.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
you absolute ****ing buffoon. what is with the group of raging homunculi that come onto my ****ing internet and state things like this with little to no professional experience. to say boston creme is the best doughnut is the same as saying you saw a chinese dragon. you're ****ing lying. if you like bland bread filled with vanilla water topped with willy wonka's diarrhea over any other superior pastry of the doughnut variety, say maple, then you not only are lacking in taste, but you possess an IQ so low that you could potentially be outsmarted by the mold that grows on a 3 year old cool ranch dorito left in a sewer. how ****ing dare you

im very tired
Dude I actually met a Chinese dragon last week, I can go get some photographic evidence if you need me to.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I guess they could reveal a character at EVO.

When's EVO, again? They're probably not announcing the next character until April, and then not until E3.

If this is from Spawn Wave, though, he already took a hit from supposedly hinting Sora in Smash, and MPT at the TGAs (forgive me if this is incorrect).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom