• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrowawayBoi

Banned via Warnings
I like the pumpkin spice flavored donuts you can get only during autumn.

I don't like that you can only get them during autumn.
reminds me of that yellow milk stuff. i love it but i dont love that you can only get it during christmas

D

Deleted member

Favorite kind of Doughnut? I'm a simple man I like Glazed. Kind of boring but it's a Classic you can't go wrong with a good 'ol Glazed Doughnut.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
On one hand, evo's been on my ****list for years due to Wizard's questionable decisions, especially recently.
On the other hand....
**** melee

D

Deleted member

I'm more off-put by the fact that he capitalized The like that.
Thank you for pointing out my errors.

Also I do sometimes use contractions, and I have a tendency to say "Also" a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
The best doughnut is either Boston cream, pink frosted with sprinkles (sometimes you can't beat the classics), or Krispy Kreme glazed (You have not lived, till you've had a Krispy Kreme doughnut... Mmmmm)
you absolute ****ing buffoon. what is with the group of raging homunculi that come onto my ****ing internet and state things like this with little to no professional experience. to say boston creme is the best doughnut is the same as saying you saw a chinese dragon. you're ****ing lying. if you like bland bread filled with vanilla water topped with willy wonka's diarrhea over any other superior pastry of the doughnut variety, say maple, then you not only are lacking in taste, but you possess an IQ so low that you could potentially be outsmarted by the mold that grows on a 3 year old cool ranch dorito left in a sewer. how ****ing dare you

im very tired

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Went for some Exercise and got my thoughts straight here they are:

Ultimate is the better game but Melee shouldn't have been left out, Sure Melee is old and Ultimate is new but Melee still has a ton of fans and people who still play it to this day. Both should've been in but it's understandable that they wanted to focus on one Smash as EVO has limited slots and Ultimate needed the push more than Melee did. That said just cause Melee didn't make it into EVO this year does not mean it's dead far from it, it's still going strong and will continue to go strong until further notice. PPMD might come back this year which is a massive move for Melee's scene and if such does happen the game will prove to still be alive.

Both should've been in but Ultimate needed it more, Non-the-less this isn't going to kill Melee.
Melee's main issue is CRT setups. According to the organizers for the recent Frostbite tournament, they had to find CRT's to buy/rent and rent a bigger truck to transport them, almost doubling their operating costs. On top of that, it requires consoles and copies of the game that have been out of production for over a decade.

Melee isn't dead, and there will still be plenty of tournaments for years to come, but until the Melee community works out a solution to their hardware issues, their time is numbered.

For the record, I like Melee, but I just don't idolize it the way a lot of people do.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
you absolute ****ing buffoon. what is with the group of raging homunculi that come onto my ****ing internet and state things like this with little to no professional experience. to say boston creme is the best doughnut is the same as saying you saw a chinese dragon. you're ****ing lying. if you like bland bread filled with vanilla water topped with willy wonka's diarrhea over any other superior pastry of the doughnut variety, say maple, then you not only are lacking in taste, but you possess an IQ so low that you could potentially be outsmarted by the mold that grows on a 3 year old cool ranch dorito left in a sewer. how ****ing dare you

im very tired
...how long have you been holding onto these feelings?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
you absolute ****ing buffoon. what is with the group of raging homunculi that come onto my ****ing internet and state things like this with little to no professional experience. to say boston creme is the best doughnut is the same as saying you saw a chinese dragon. you're ****ing lying. if you like bland bread filled with vanilla water topped with willy wonka's diarrhea over any other superior pastry of the doughnut variety, say maple, then you not only are lacking in taste, but you posess an IQ so low that you could potentially be outsmarted by the mold that grows on a 3 year old cool ranch dorito left in a sewer. how ****ing dare you
This would probably work well as a copypasta.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
The donuts I'll eat are glazed, strawberry, and vanilla (with sprinkles). I guess I'd eat others as well but those are the ones I'll go for.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I'll sue anyone who reposts it

:ultmetaknight:fight me

D

Deleted member

Why would they need CRTs?

Because of the AV cables?

There are some newer TVs that support AV, but they're still old so idk.

inb4 I'm a dumb dumb.
Lower input lag when compared to a modern HD/UHD TV. It's not typically noticeable during casual play, I play Melee only on my UHD and don't notice it, but when you've been playing it competitively for 10+ years it's a problem.
**** man these :ultgreninja:s are gettin me today.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Hey, if everyone has input lag, then they're all on an equal playing field.
i assuming this is a joke but people usually lab with set ups that have a very negligible amount of input lag as that's why CRT and PC set ups are most optimal for Melee players. You mess up your techs with a 5th or quarter second input lag and it ruins any muscle memory or reaction you could have

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

im very tired
What if I say my favorite is Vanilla or Strawberry Frosted with Sprinkles?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
i assuming this is a joke but people usually lab with set ups that have a very negligible amount of input lag as that's why CRT and PC set ups are most optimal for Melee players. You mess up your techs with a 5th or quarter second input lag and it ruins any muscle memory or reaction you could have
I mean I am partly humorous but also serious because I didn't know.

That makes sense, though; I'm not familiar with all that so I wouldn't know what it's like.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I mean I am partly humorous but also serious because I didn't know.

That makes sense, though; I'm not familiar with all that so I wouldn't know what it's like.
I primarily played melee before ultimate so I'm familiar with all of this. I went through 3 CRTs before I just gave up and got a PC set up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom