• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Melee not appearing at Evo is actually pretty shocking. I was making jokes about it earlier today, but dang...Didn't think this would actually happen.

Makes me wonder if Melee is losing traction.
While I respect Melee and Melee players, having two games from the same franchise fot an event with such limited slots was always kinda ridiculous. Especially now that Ultimate is faster and more Melee-like; kinda the perfect balance between Sm4sh and Melee. And that's not even counting logistical issues like CRTs, Gamecubes, etc.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
OK. That's seems about right... wait, what?

Cross Tag Battle is a Sunday final game? Not Dragon Ball Fighterz?

I'm not against the decision, but that's... really weird.

So that pretty much guarantees we'll get some BBTAG trailer at EVO then, right?
We're absolutely getting a reveal for the sixth fate at EVO.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Because I like it, obviously. Am I suppose to stop talking about something I like because it's been out for a while? That's pretty stupid.
Someone's enjoying a passive-aggressive lifestyle against a guy asking a question. :239:

Where is the aspect where you actually care about others?
Where is the aspect where those who want to be cared about don't be open?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wait I wasn't paying attention, Melee won't be at EVO?

Huh, that's pretty weird. Any reason why?
Because it's nearly two decades old and Ultimate is a thing?

We dont have any old Tekkens, Street Fighters, Mortal Kombats, etc.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Melee not appearing at Evo is actually pretty shocking. I was making jokes about it earlier today, but dang...Didn't think this would actually happen.

It is. Which is fine, though I wish people wouldn't downplay its importance. I don't think they realize that without Melee lasting as long as it did, competitive Ultimate might not have been a thing.

That said, all eyes are on Ultimate now! Let's hope this game lasts for a good long time!

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

Armada retired, Plup is taking a break, and Mew2King hasn't played since August apparently. No one can seem to stop Hungrybox, apparently, so he's just dominating the competitive scene. So yeah, things are slowing down, to some extent.

Meanwhile, Ultimate is new and is closer to Melee than any other Smash game, with way more content and balance, so it's way more exciting and popular. All the big Melee names are playing it, and many seem to be planning to stay there. Ultimate is looking to be the game that finally unites the Smash fanbase.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Y'all aren't ready for the bull**** everyone has in UNIST.

Do feel free to explain what in the name of hell she is doing for that hitbox to be remotely justifiable.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
OK. That's seems about right... wait, what?

Cross Tag Battle is a Sunday final game? Not Dragon Ball Fighterz?

I'm not against the decision, but that's... really weird.

So that pretty much guarantees we'll get some BBTAG trailer at EVO then, right?
I'm guessing it's because BlazBlue will have an announcement of some sort, whereas FighterZ will probably have announced the remaining two DLC characters from the season pass by then. (it seems reasonable to guess that they'll be coming out before Gogeta/Broly, if Tekken's season pass is any indication)

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Look I prefer Ultimate over Melee as well but cheering that it's not at Evo seems unnecessarily mean spirited. A lot of competitive Smash 4 and Ultimate players started with Melee and it was even Melee players who brought competitive Smash to my attention in the first place.

The rift in the fanbase isn't as bad as people make it out to be, its mostly just leftover salt from Brawl era.
I am cheering for it purely because having two Smash games at EVO was ridiculous to begin with, and the fighting game genre has so much new unique entries. Melee is a 20 year old game and will survive without EVO for a handful of years yet. It has no place there anymore.

D

Deleted member

FighterZ only just added a third character I like using.
BBTAG is up there but I really want Adachi, Wagner and more RWBY characters.
Thank you.
Also, may you please tell me how good Killer Instinct ( 2013 ) is?
What is your favorite video game?
My curiosity burns brighter than any fire ever will.

D

Deleted member

Melee is a good game, but it's getting up there in age, and Ultimate is, in my opinion, the better game. I think in the long run, sticking with Ultimate will be the best for this community.

That said, I can't believe Melee's peckin' dead.

D

Deleted member

Armada retired, Plup is taking a break, and Mew2King hasn't played since August apparently. No one can seem to stop Hungrybox, apparently, so he's just dominating the competitive scene. So yeah, things are slowing down, to some extent.

Meanwhile, Ultimate is new and is closer to Melee than any other Smash game, with way more content and balance, so it's way more exciting and popular. All the big Melee names are playing it, and many seem to be planning to stay there. Ultimate is looking to be the game that finally unites the Smash fanbase.
The Smash fanbase reuniting is going to be like when East Germany reunified with West Germany.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As someone who has enjoyed watching top players play Melee...

I feel as if it’s about time that it didn’t end up as the “top” game at EVO. No offense to the fans, as Melee has an incredibly passionate fanbase (a fanbase that can be infuriating at times...they aren’t entirely innocent), but it was the only game that wasn’t replaced by a newer game out of the fighting games there, was on a 3 generation old console, has many top players leaving, etc, etc, etc.

May Ultimate survive a long winded cycle of hype moments, and great gameplay.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I am cheering for it purely because having two Smash games at EVO was ridiculous to begin with, and the fighting game genre has so much new unique entries. Melee is a 20 year old game and will survive without EVO for a handful of years yet. It has no place there anymore.
For the record I don't actively disagree with the decision to remove it either, I just find "Melee is dead, let the superior smash game rise" comments to be immature and in poor taste.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm guessing it's because BlazBlue will have an announcement of some sort, whereas FighterZ will probably have announced the remaining two DLC characters from the season pass by then. (it seems reasonable to guess that they'll be coming out before Gogeta/Broly, if Tekken's season pass is any indication)
True, although I have no idea if they'd go for releasing the other 2 unrevealed characters before Gogeta and Broly. We don't have gameplay for any of them, so it's hard to guess which pair will come first.

For Cross Tag, if it hasn't been revealed yet, we're getting the 6th fate. Although I'd like to believe they'd reveal the 6th fate or at the very least, more characters from the other 5 fates prior to that, it took them over 6 months to announce the 5th fate.

So I wouldn't be surprised if they waited months to do it again w/ the 6th.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Wow, I can't believe Nintendo wanted Melee dead so bad they made Ultimate just to kill it.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Good riddance, I know people can play whatever game they want and how they play it but geez...

Melee needed to die.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom