• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Now that our area has become trendy all of a sudden, our local mall has been receiving massive renovations, and they’ve put a little Kirsty Keme in it somewhere. Shame they’re so expensive they could be made of gold.

D

Deleted member

up to lighten up the mood I remembered a cool idea the Geno Thread had a few weeks back and I'm starting to like it. What if Geno was in Kingdom Hearts?

Like obviously the Character is tied to only one game which is a Mario game at that but like the FF Characters in KH Geno could be an alternate version of himself, be himself but not tied to any SMRPG elements except for music and maybe Mallow. I think it would be a cool idea if Geno got into Kingdom Hearts.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Goodness gracious.

I'm a 24 year old man.

Ya'll have some issues.

Life can and will get better.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ok, so I just got home and saw it, and I just need to express my thoughts.

WHAT. THE. ****. IS. THIS. DETECTIVE. PIKACHU. MOVIE?

Seriously, I'm still in shock that this is a real thing. It's really really tough to believe that this is actually happening. I actually do not know how to feel about it.
Like...it seems like some insane drug-induced bat**** idea that a bunch of lunatics came up with, but on the other hand it actually seems...entertaining? Honestly, I have never seen a trailer that I've been more confused about and don't know how to handle.

And they did have some :058: in the background, so that's a good sign. I'd love to see a hyper-realistic Arcanine. Or maybe not, to be honest. I don't even know. That movie is just giving me so many weird feelings.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Holy **** Melee won't be at EVO. Glad we're no longer supporting a stale, inconsistent game

Reasonable, Level-Headed Me: Melee was my first game when I was young, it's a fun game, can be fun to watch, and its competitive merits are indeed unique

Spiteful, Vengeful Me: **** that unbalanced piece of ****, its CRT's, and childish playerbase that ****s on anything that isn't Melee

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I can be insecure as **** at times and my confidence and self-esteem fluctuate way more than they should. I don't know if I generally come off as an emotionally stable and composed guy to you all, but I don't think I am. Certainly not all the time.

Still, I try to remind myself that any kind of self-loathing is just an irrational act that's going to hurt me further, without cause or reason. There's no good to be had from hating yourself, especially if you're so focused on criticizing and insulting yourself that you never actually try to do anything about it and improve yourself, your life, etc.

Just remember, keep pushing forward, no matter what gets you down. Focusing on all the bad things isn't going to help, at all. I can testify from personal experience.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I hope you fight through your depression.
It's not too bad. I've got most of it under control at this point. Every once in a while it flares up and I wish I could go back to before I didn't have to worry about it.

The original post about it was really more of a joke, but I'm glad to know that you guys care.

Last edited:

ThrowawayBoi

Banned via Warnings
I can be insecure as **** at times and my confidence and self-esteem fluctuates way more than it should. I don't know if I generally come off as an emotionally stable and composed guy to you all, but I don't think I am. Certainly not all the time.

Still, I try to remind myself that any kind of self-loathing is just an irrational act that's going to hurt me further, without cause or reason. There's no good to be had from hating yourself, especially if you're so focused on criticizing and insulting yourself that you never actually try to do anything about it and improve yourself, your life, etc.

Just remember, keep pushing forward, no matter what gets you down. Focusing on all the bad things isn't going to help, at all. I can testify from personal experience.
its hard to focus on stuff that isnt bad when my entire life right now is comprised of bad

D

Deleted member

Like, here's the thing. I don't hate Melee. I think that Melee is a great game, but you gotta be realistic here. As time goes on, CRTs become much more of a rarity, so why continue to make costs to get such TVs? Not to mention, this also is a prime example of how much attention the game needs. Games like Street Fighter, even before then, Marvel... All the setup costs and such weren't as malignant to the extent Melee had.

And not to mention, two Smash games really wasn't the best idea to begin with. It only brings another potential game driven by their own community to the wayside in a side event. And even if Melee was shown, looking back at various tournament events, everyone expects either the main gods to win, Puff, Peach and Fox to be dominant, and so on. To say that "Melee is still fresh in aspects" is a total ****ing lie.

And notably this. Why would Nintendo support an almost 18-year old game that they released on a console that arguably, was a commercial failure? They barely did that with Smash for Wii U, why would they do it with Melee?

Again, I don't hate Melee, but these are my thoughts and I just think it's time to move on. I don't think these snarky comments like "hey, we're a tournament that actually HAS Melee!" or such helps at all, and only furthers the fact that it's time to move on. Ultimate is here, and frankly, I'd much rather have the variety and ACTUAL "freshness" it brings.

But we can all agree, **** Salem and Leffen was pretty dumb to make that comment about all the games were pushed with money in mind. Yeah, because French Bread and Guilty Gear has money, ok.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ok, so I just got home and saw it, and I just need to express my thoughts.

WHAT. THE. ****. IS. THIS. DETECTIVE. PIKACHU. MOVIE?

Seriously, I'm still in shock that this is a real thing. It's really really tough to believe that this is actually happening. I actually do not know how to feel about it.
Like...it seems like some insane drug-induced bat**** idea that a bunch of lunatics came up with, but on the other hand it actually seems...entertaining? Honestly, I have never seen a trailer that I've been more confused about and don't know how to handle.

And they did have some :058: in the background, so that's a good sign. I'd love to see a hyper-realistic Arcanine. Or maybe not, to be honest. I don't even know. That movie is just giving me so many weird feelings.
You can actually see some Arcanine in the same scene as the Growlithe and Golurk. :p

D

Deleted member

Good night everyone.
Stay hydrated, eat healthy and train your brain.
Become the Curious One.
Take my place.
Oho.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why would Nintendo support an almost 18-year old game that they released on a console that arguably, was a commercial failure?
They won't, and they don't.

Melee's an interesting case in which it is a community entirely driven by just the fans, with zero input from the parent company.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
So on the topic of food. What chips and soda do you guys drink?

For me. Doritos and Mountain Dew especially Voltage.
Lays. Original Lays are always some of the best. If not original I go for the Barbeque flavor.

I also go with Honey BBQ Chips (I forgot the brand). The name may sound weird, but I’ve eaten them since as far as I could remember and they‘ve never tired me.

Chips are also super cheap, they always sell for 50¢ a bag.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Some people's lives will get better, some people's lives will get worse. Most people will have ups and downs.

You can try and do what you can to push your life in a better direction though. Just deciding that life sucks will create a self-fulfilling prophecy. The past couple years I've been working hard to try to improve my life and I think it's actually kind of working. I don't have full control over everything that goes on around me but even some simple life style changes can make a big difference when they start piling up.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Standard Nacho Cheese Doritos and regular Sprite, my all-time favorites. Chili Fritos, regular Cheetos, regular 7-Up, and Squirt are among my favorites. Seems basic, but it satisfies me when I'm in the mood.

ThrowawayBoi

Banned via Warnings
people keep saying life will get better but i still hate myself and want to hurt myself. i dunno who to trust anymore

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Some people's lives will get better, some people's lives will get worse. Most people will have ups and downs.

You can try and do what you can to push your life in a better direction though. Just deciding that life sucks will create a self-fulfilling prophecy. The past couple years I've been working hard to try to improve my life and I think it's actually kind of working. I don't have full control over everything that goes on around me but even some simple life style changes can make a big difference when they start piling up.
To add onto that, I have a close friend who I met a few years ago, who's had some major, major ups and downs in her life over the past three years, becoming almost homeless, on top of a life that's already been rife with trauma and horrible experiences. Like, she's had more bad **** happen to her in her young life than most people ever experience in a lifetime. Many times over these past couple years, she's felt defeated, felt that nothing was going to change, and that she wanted to give up.

Right now, she's finally back in college and taking classes to move towards a career she's passionate about. She's been better about her health and productivity in a variety of ways. And while she still faces some big challenges, she's not much more confident in being able to tackle those challenges, and is overall much more optimistic about her life and future.

Granted, her success mostly had to do with me exhausting myself managing her and guiding her to where she is now. But that's what friends are for, and now she's at a point where she doesn't need my help nearly as much. So if you're feeling down or that nothing will get better for you, know who your support group is. And if you don't have one, there is support out there, you just have to find it. But that's the tricky part, and I don't know what advice to give for that, unfortunately.

D

Deleted member

jokes on you im 23 and still hate myself
Well I don't hate you. You make me happy.

people keep saying life will get better but i still hate myself and want to hurt myself. i dunno who to trust anymore
Suffering is something that's inevitable, but something that we should help eachother get through. It's okay to feel down, remember how south things went for me two days ago? That only took one discussion and I couldn't help but loath myself. But after seeking some help from others, especially you, I feel a lot better. Doesn't mean I won't get down ever again, life always has its obstacles. You're only free from those obstacles once you're dead.

Also, the age group that struggles the most with depression is the elderly. So don't be hard on yourself because you think you're too old to feel down.

D

Deleted member

If we're talking about life and all I'm sure it gets better for most, some it doesn't but be the change you want to see in life. Don't just sit around and wait for it to change you gotta make the first step. For me though I don't really want to open up much tonight but I'm trying to improve myself.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Ruffles and Surge are my flavors of choice.

Lays Wavy is not even close to the same and I wish my family stopped buying those.

D

Deleted member

thanks for the advice
I'm not saying to kill yourself. All you'd be doing is ending any potential good times you may have in the future too. Most people go through feelings of self loathing, but it's temporary. Everyone experiences lows in their life. I don't want you to miss out on the high parts either.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sorry for interrupting all the levity, but this is great:

Goals for what a Rhythm Heaven character's trailer could be.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And now the time has come for me to sleep. It's gonna be real hard though with all this hype. I've waited to see Gen 8 for almost two years! and now it's finally time.

If I had to explain my current state with a gif, it'd be this one.
Toad's going nuts.gif

Alright, time to rest. See ya later!

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Does anyone here experience Anxiety and have any way about dealing with it or stopping that little voice in our heads that make us think of worse case scenarios?
I have been going through something that may be inappropriate to go into in detail on these forums, but its left me as a stressful, anxiety-ridden wreck for the last four months. Sometimes my mood is better, but its there, sitting in the back of my mind at all times.

I have been tested for the thing(s) I'm scared of and shown not to have it..but I've been told that it could take 3-6 months to show up on these tests but the place I went said I didn't need to be retested and wouldn't do so for me at my request despite having what I think could be symptoms..its scaring me and making it hard to not feel extremely stressed and anxious..

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How much you wanna bet we won't see much gameplay for the new Pokemon game? Normally the trailers are pretty brief and we don't get much of a look into stuff until a bit later.

Did I miss the fight? But I brought popcorn!
I don't know, probably. There's always some drama popping up these last few months, for a video game fansite this place gets way too heated for its own good.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
How much you wanna bet we won't see much gameplay for the new Pokemon game? Normally the trailers are pretty brief and we don't get much of a look into stuff until a bit later.
I'll eat my hat if this isn't anything short of a dumb teaser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom