• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Does anyone here experience Anxiety and have any way about dealing with it or stopping that little voice in our heads that make us think of worse case scenarios?
I have been going through something that may be inappropriate to go into in detail on these forums, but its left me as a stressful, anxiety-ridden wreck for the last four months. Sometimes my mood is better, but its there, sitting in the back of my mind at all times.

I have been tested for the thing(s) I'm scared of and shown not to have it..but I've been told that it could take 3-6 months to show up on these tests but the place I went said I didn't need to be retested and wouldn't do so for me at my request despite having what I think could be symptoms..its scaring me and making it hard to not feel extremely stressed and anxious..
Hi. I've dealt with anxiety for 10 years, been seeing a therapist about it and other cognitive therapy topics for 9.

You want to know what I was taught?

You take that little voice in your head that says **** that makes you anxious and you go:

Being serious, if you can recognize a thought that makes you anxious, you can shut it down, either by challenging it's plausibility (whether it'll happen or not, more effective in the case of Generalized Anxiety Disorder, which I have), why it matters (if it's a stupid worry in the grand scheme of things), or what you can do about it (ask yourself: is worrying about it going to help you, or are you wasting time and energy doing do?) among other mental challenges to your anxiety.

In your case, I believe the third option I laid out would be most effective. Taking a look at the scenario:
  • Tests show that you don't have it - Your biggest worry is out of the way
  • "But what if I do have it and it shows up within the next two months?" - What's worrying about it going to accomplish? If you really want you can prepare for the worst, but shouldn't take more than a couple of days, and this is assuming that it even does happen, which it could very well not.
  • "But I show the symptoms!" - A lot of similar diseases/disorders (I'm assuming that's what you're being tested for) have similar symptoms, and it's difficult to discern between them. If you're looking up symptoms on **** like WebMD and Mayo Clinic, yeah, you're gonna think you have it.
To give an anecdote for that third point, couple of months ago I got a mucocele. A mucocele is "a benign, mucus-containing cystic lesion of the minor salivary gland," or essentially acne on the inside of your lip. Digging around on the internet, searching stuff like "bump on inside of lip" gave me all sorts of major diseases and cancers that I could die from or would, at the very least, require major surgery. To be honest it was kind of scary.

Until I realized that the symptoms matched most with a mucocele, and then I popped it. It was kinda cool. I've gotten them like 1 or 2 more times since then, and I know what they are and don't worry about it.

It's all about taking an objective look at your scenario and realizing, wow, it's kinda silly for me to worry about this.

That's what works for me. If it doesn't work for you, there's always the use of coping mechanisms to take your mind off of things.

I've provided some further reading for you since I'm just a rando on the internet with some counseling experience. These articles might be able to help you further, or at least give you a place to start:

Consider also talking to a professional counselor about this, since this seems to have been bothering you for a while now.

Regardless of what you do I wish you the best of luck my friend. Keep fighting the good fight.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeesh, this thread's gotten quite... heavy.

I'm gonna take my absence until things get a bit less... "real"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeesh, this thread's gotten quite... heavy.

I'm gonna take my absence until things get a bit less... "real"
Yeah, its either drama or people sharing a lot of personal info. Neither of which is something I'm a fan of doing. But if others do it, so be it.

D

Deleted member

Just woke up, saw that Evo 2019 lineup. I understand why Melee isn’t their. Happy a slightly more obscure game like Under Nighy made it in though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just woke up, saw that Evo 2019 lineup. I understand why Melee isn’t their. Happy a slightly more obscure game like Under Nighy made it in though.
UNIST fans: *constantly tries to push their game for more awareness and succeeding after BBTAG to the point it gets to be in EVO*
Melee fans: "What the **** they bribed them"

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
UNIST fans: *constantly tries to push their game for more awareness and succeeding after BBTAG to the point it gets to be in EVO*
Skullgirls fans: "Wait, so our game was too new, but BBTag and SamSho aren't?"

D

Deleted member

Melee was the same thing year sago though. It’s ultimately a grassroots game pushed entirely by passion. Sure, some prople are being ridiculous, but I understand why people would be dissapointed considering Evo is the most prestigious tournament. Also gtg so won be able to reply for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I think it's BS that, like last year with BBxTB, a game that's not even out yet is getting a slot at EVO.

Like, I dunno, maybe wait and see if a game is any good or if anyone is even going to care about it before giving away that spot?

Holy **** Melee won't be at EVO. Glad we're no longer supporting a stale, inconsistent game
It's about damn time.

Now if they'll just switch to Squad Strike...

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Melee was the same thing year sago though. It’s ultimately a grassroots game pushed entirely by passion. Sure, some Popeye are being ridiculous, but I understand why people would be dissapointed considering Evo is the most prestigious tournament. Also gtg so won be able to reply for a bit.
Never knew Popeye was such the Melee fan, lol

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Damn, I really hope Hayabusa makes it into Smash DLC this time around. It finally feels like he's missing. He should've a long time ago, but after Simon (and Erdrick) it feels like the last NES Legend left is Ryu Hayabusa. On top of that, for all that Tecmo-Koei has done with Nintendo, and the support they've shown since the DS, more than warrants their most iconic character In Smash if I do say so myself.

Wait... am I saying that... he deserves it...?

Oh no.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Damn, I really hope Hayabusa makes it into Smash DLC this time around. It finally feels like he's missing. He should've a long time ago, but after Simon it feels like the last NES Legend left is Ryu Hayabusa. On top of that, for all that Tecmo-Koei has done with Nintendo, and the support they've shown since the DS, more than warrants their most iconic character Insp Smash if I do say so myself.

Oh no.
I’m just disappointed that I had no idea who he was ‘til a few months ago. .
He seems cool, though, I’d be happy with him in.
On that note, I’m off to the Ninja Gaiden wiki for the first time (if there is one).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Damn, I really hope Hayabusa makes it into Smash DLC this time around. It finally feels like he's missing. He should've a long time ago, but after Simon it feels like the last NES Legend left is Ryu Hayabusa. On top of that, for all that Tecmo-Koei has done with Nintendo, and the support they've shown since the DS, more than warrants their most iconic character Insp Smash if I do say so myself.

Oh no.
Y'know what, **** all the people who get their panties in a twist whenever the word "deserve" gets brought up. It's a goddamn subjective opinion like any other and that doesn't need to be pointed out every single time.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
when you wake up to 25 mentions and wonder if brave's model/stage got datamined or some **** but then you enter the thread and suddenly you're not sure you wanna know

fall.gif

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Melee's ****ing dead and people are getting too real.

So basically the story of my life /s
Melee had a good life, we should be happy it lasted as long as it did not mourning its loss like a departed friend but celebrate its achievements and the good it had on the Smash community.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Melee had a good life, we should be happy it lasted as long as it did not mourning its loss like a departed friend but celebrate its achievements and the good it had on the Smash community.
I'll fill in for Noipoi since he's not here...

WELCOME TO SMASHBOARDS!!! Hope you..... um, do things here... wow, I'm bad at this :yoshi:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’m just disappointed that I had no idea who he was ‘til a few months ago. .
He seems cool, though, I’d be happy with him in.
On that note, I’m off to the Ninja Gaiden wiki for the first time (if there is one).
Oh, **** dude, Good luck. The Ninja Gaiden story is a wild ride.

Hayabusa is ****ing awesome though. Glad Smash speculation introduced you to him.
Y'know what, **** all the people who get their panties in a twist whenever the word "deserve" gets brought up. It's a goddamn subjective opinion like any other and that doesn't need to be pointed out every single time.
Yeah, I agree. So if there was a Third Party that I personally think deserved it would be Hayabusa. By far. Dude's a classic character that basically coined what a video game Ninja should be from a company that's supported Nintendo on every console for over a decade, have made exclusive games and licensed games for Nintendo like Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors, is still relevant today, and is one of the last NES All-stars not present in Smash. Deserving is subjective but goddamn if Hayabusa ain't got a lot going for him.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Allow me to say welcome to you as well! I hope you’ll have a good time here!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Skullgirls fans: "Wait, so our game was too new, but BBTag and SamSho aren't?"
ABOUT ****ING TIME SOMEONE SAID IT.

**** SMASH BROS., WHERE THE **** SKULLGIRLS AT, MR. WIZARD??? BOY, YOU BUILT LIKE A CRT.

SamSho ain't even out yet. Hell, Smash For was even "too new" back then, so where's logic???

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Oh no.
ZeRo... Not you, too...

and with the big yoshi avatar too christ almighty

D

Deleted member

Oh right, Melee isn't at EVO.

That's mildly disturbing, but also a little amusing. Mainly because I don't know what it means, and partially because I bet EVO looked at all the Melee players trying Ultimate out in a few tourneys and thinking that they all quit or something dumb like that.

That said, have the EVO views dwindled when Melee's been on lately? I haven't been watching it myself since I'm bored of competitive Melee, but I heard it was still going strong in terms of viewers.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Ah, a new player in the absurd game we call "Social Interaction".
Good morning Alicorn Alicorn
(Now I no longer feel like the new Guy, **** yeah!)

Before we go into any discussions or games: what video game character do you have an unhealthy obsession for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom