• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Before we go into any discussions or games: what video game character do you have an unhealthy obsession for?
No one of course

Yeah, I felt the jab too :V

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ah, a new player in the absurd game we call "Social Interaction".
Good morning Alicorn Alicorn
(Now I no longer feel like the new Guy, **** yeah!)

Before we go into any discussions or games: what video game character do you have an unhealthy obsession for?
What?! No of course I’m not unhealthily obses-
D1672B80-8453-4FFA-BCAF-C3802D09503B.jpeg

...never mind.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Y'know what, **** all the people who get their panties in a twist whenever the word "deserve" gets brought up. It's a goddamn subjective opinion like any other and that doesn't need to be pointed out every single time.
As if subjective opinions are okay in speculation

Nope. Subjective opinions don’t DeSErVe to be in speculation

(Jokes aside, I don’t use it by my own principles but I’ve never gotten “my panties in a twist” or even remotely upset about anyone else using it lol)

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I do have a deep love
Ah, a new player in the absurd game we call "Social Interaction".
Good morning Alicorn Alicorn
(Now I no longer feel like the new Guy, **** yeah!)

I do have a love for Kirby, and toon link they are cute I like cute things.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That's one weird *** ship
If you’re referring to the Maxie avatar, then I’ll just respond with “I’ve seen weirder.”

Also I may or may not also be obsessed with both Pac-Man and Shantae are to the point where I want to work on official animated series for them both.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Too many to list to be honest, so I'll give two honorable mentions.

I think my earliest example was the Goomba, I liked how it's head squished when you jumped on it as a kid, and I often characterized the quality of a Mario game by how satisfying it felt to jump on one.

A teen example was Dimentio from Super Paper Mario. The guy has forever been a source of inspiration for me in terms of villain writing, and I still love what they did to him in the game.

Nowadays it's fleeting interest to be honest. Great characters happen often now, but my obsession is moreso spread out rather than a single focus.

That said, Isabelle is adorable and I want to give her all the seashells.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Went to bed at 10, woke up with indigestion and heartburn at 3:30, not been to bed again since.

D

Deleted member

Isn't this the Regular way tho?
Well it really depended on a few factors.
Mainly how the sprite of the Goomba looked once you had jumped on it.

For example, there's Super Mario Land:
1551266701780.png

Versus Super Mario Land 2:
1551266761180.png

And then there were games like Yoshi's Island that had the great Goombas that did small tappy steps while they were squished and eventually sprung up again:
1551266861374.png

It's silly stuff, I know, but I paid attention to these details as a kid and got really excited when I could see how a Goomba would look in the next.
Nowadays I don't care as much, but I still fondly remember the times I did.

Attachments

D

Deleted member

Oh right, Melee isn't at EVO.

That's mildly disturbing, but also a little amusing. Mainly because I don't know what it means, and partially because I bet EVO looked at all the Melee players trying Ultimate out in a few tourneys and thinking that they all quit or something dumb like that.

That said, have the EVO views dwindled when Melee's been on lately? I haven't been watching it myself since I'm bored of competitive Melee, but I heard it was still going strong in terms of viewers.
Probably due to the fact that having two Smash games at an event with such limited slots was always a bit ridiculous. It was passable back then with how seperate the Sm4sh and Melee community was, but with so many top Melee players joining the Ultimate scene and sticking with it, and Ultimate being generally faster then Sm4sh, there's not too much reason to keep Melee on anymore. And that's not counting the logistics issues with CRTs, Gamecubes, Melee disks themselves, and Melee spectators not cross-registering for anything else.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If he was brought up and I missed it, apologies, but how did nobody mention his holiness in the Mountain Dew and Doritos chat a few pages back? Heathens, the lot of you.

D

Deleted member

Hey so why is UNIST called UNIST when it's full name is Under Night in Birth Exe:Late
Shouldn't it be called UNIBEL

D

Deleted member

Well, in a little over a week, I’ve finally made it to number 600 in Brawl in the Family. I’ll have to watch One Final Song tomorrow, though; I’m in bed right now.
BitF is a really rare thing. It’s so creative and original, and makes me incredibly nostalgic somehow, despite me only picking it up a week ago. .
Anyway, I’m out for the night. Enjoy your >time< everyone!

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
As we're likely to find out the Gen 8 starters in a couple of hours, what are people's favourite first-stage starters? Not fully evolved, just their base form.

For me it'd have to be Piplup or Bulbasaur. Or maybe Rowlet.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
As we're likely to find out the Gen 8 starters in a couple of hours, what are people's favourite first-stage starters? Not fully evolved, just their base form.

probably rowlet or fennekin, tho the fennekin line gets real weird real ****ing fast

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Can we count Pokémon Yellow and Let’s go do I can say Pikachu and Eevee?

Seriously, umm. Totadile’s cute. As are all three Diamond and Pearl starters. And you can’t forget Litten and Popplio.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny

Chikorita but if we are going off "non main series" Evee from Gale of Darkness

D

Deleted member

I liek Mudkip.

D

Deleted member

I've wanted to get into UNIST ever since I played Gordeau in BBTAG and even more since I found out it's Not!Melty Blood. I just don't know how to do that
Try me. I still know you posted a Kamen Rider gif on this site
I dunno what you're talking about
db9e7739-a67b-4a9b-bb46-4e6f0c40a589.gif

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Torchic, Totodile, and Rowlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom