• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Injustice 2 had a pretty short run. Didn't it come out last year?
It came out in 2017. So.... kind of. It’s really only been a year since it’s release but that year was two years ago on the calendar due to its summer release date and our current month of February. Besides, plenty of the games on that list are much older.

it looks hype as hell and is apparently a very good game
But.... Superheroes........

This is actually very disappointing to me. No Injustice 2 or Marvel vs. Capcom of any kind, but plenty of anime fighters. And “generic” fighters (Street Fighter, Tekken, etc. etc.).

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
As we're likely to find out the Gen 8 starters in a couple of hours, what are people's favourite first-stage starters? Not fully evolved, just their base form.

For me it'd have to be Piplup or Bulbasaur. Or maybe Rowlet.
Torchic and Chikorita for me. Sinnoh and Unova starters are honorable mentions.

The same two for me, except I didn't think the Fennekin line was weird and didn't know other people did until I started talking about it on the internet
They are only weird if you it make it that way.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Injustice 2 had a pretty short run. Didn't it come out last year?
The year before. From what I hear it's normal for Netherrealm games to replace eachother at EVO though
Okay. Maybe I’m just upset that they dropped Injustice 2. But why is Under Night in Birth here?
UNIST fans have an ever-growing community due to Cross Tag Battle and have been stanning their game REALLY ****ing hard, the community managed to show enough support to warrant it

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Real talk. But why aren’t any of the starters really cute? Like, you can tell they’re supposed to be, but they just don’t get much of a reaction from me (and I’m so weak to cute animals you could compare it to literal Kryptonite.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Real talk. But why aren’t any of the starters really cute? Like, you can tell they’re supposed to be, but they just don’t get much of a reaction from me (and I’m so weak to cute animals you could compare it to literal Kryptonite.
Assuming you mean Pokemon, which in that case, how dare you you vile fiend, Rowlet is the poster boy for "Cute as heck"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
delete this

osby

Smash Obsessed
Agreed. I honestly thought they were great *shrug*
I'm only really fond of Braixen but agreed, it's a solid line.

Do you find any other fictional animal cute?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The year before. From what I hear it's normal for Netherrealm games to replace eachother at EVO though.

UNIST fans have an ever-growing community due to Cross Tag Battle and have been stanning their game REALLY ****ing hard, the community managed to show enough support to warrant it
Mortal Kombat and Injustice are almost nothing alike. Only if you look at the surface. One should not replace the other, and they’ve BOTH been on the lineup together in the past.

Maybe it’s just me, but from these pictures I see of UNIST when I google it, it doesn’t look that interesting tbh.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Maybe it’s just me, but from these pictures I see of UNIST when I google it, it doesn’t look that interesting tbh.
This is, interestingly, the only "bad" thing I've read so far about the game that wasn't "ew anime"

Granted, I didn't start looking at reviews until yesterday, but still lol

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Well, in a little over a week, I’ve finally made it to number 600 in Brawl in the Family. I’ll have to watch One Final Song tomorrow, though; I’m in bed right now.
BitF is a really rare thing. It’s so creative and original, and makes me incredibly nostalgic somehow, despite me only picking it up a week ago. .
Anyway, I’m out for the night. Enjoy your >time< everyone!
I always find it funny when people mention Brawl in the Family since I moderated a forum with Matthew in the past and have mutual friends with the guy on social media that I talk to on a regular basis.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I found Chikorita to be adorable but that was mainly because of the anime. I always preferred Digimon's design over Pokemon's. Gilmon is a cutie.

D

Deleted member

Assuming you mean Pokemon, which in that case, how dare you you vile fiend, Rowlet is the poster boy for "Cute as heck"
Ya'll need Totodile in your hearts
00ed2d76-82ed-426d-9439-a40e6a9d7232.gif

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
As we're likely to find out the Gen 8 starters in a couple of hours, what are people's favourite first-stage starters? Not fully evolved, just their base form.

For me it'd have to be Piplup or Bulbasaur. Or maybe Rowlet.
Here, I'll make it easier for you, and just do it by Generation

Gen 1: Bulbasaur
Gen 2: Cyndaquil
Gen 3: Mudkip (Yes, I liek Mudkipz)
Gen 4: Turtwig
Gen 5: Tepig
Gen 6: Froakie
Gen 7: Litten

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Mortal Kombat and Injustice are almost nothing alike. Only if you look at the surface. One should not replace the other, and they’ve BOTH been on the lineup together in the past.

It's a decision that was made by the communities of both. I don't entirely get it myself as we clearly have multiple games from the same developers but they chose for it I guess

That's fair. Not every game can appeal to everyone

D

Deleted member

It came out in 2017. So.... kind of. It’s really only been a year since it’s release but that year was two years ago on the calendar due to its summer release date and our current month of February. Besides, plenty of the games on that list are much older.

But.... Superheroes........

This is actually very disappointing to me. No Injustice 2 or Marvel vs. Capcom of any kind, but plenty of anime fighters. And “generic” fighters (Street Fighter, Tekken, etc. etc.).
I can see why it's disappointing. But MVCI was a flop. I can't comment on I2 since I didn't follow it's scene however, so idk why it was dropped. Maybe DC didn't want it there? idk

culumon

Smash Apprentice
If you were made to bioengineer the cutest creature conceivable by mankind, with the genetic material of every animal who has ever existed at your disposal, the end result would be identical to Rowlet, so this take is incomprehensible to me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
delete this

I'm only really fond of Braixen but agreed, it's a solid line.

Do you find any other fictional animal cute?
I don’t know, they all feel almost there, like they would be cute if they just had a certain “je ne sais quoi”.

Now that you mention it though.... there aren’t a lot of fictional animals that do it for me. Maybe only real baby animals are cute.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Soooo... this isn't cute to you, like, at all?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can see why it's disappointing. But MVCI was a flop. I can't comment on I2 since I didn't follow it's scene however, so idk why it was dropped. Maybe DC didn't want it there? idk
They still could have gone with 3 or 2. 3 was on the lineup for AGES.

Soooo... this isn't cute to you, like, at all?
It’s cute, but it’s not “OMG SO ADORABLE I MUST HOLD AND PROTECT FOREVER” cute.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I don’t know, they all feel almost there, like they would be cute if they just had a certain “je ne sais quoi”.

Now that you mention it though.... there aren’t a lot of fictional animals that do it for me. Maybe only real baby animals are cute.
Let me give it a shot...

D

Deleted member

They still could have gone with 3 or 2. 3 was on the lineup for AGES.
Game developers typically don't want older games to be used as advertisement for their franchises. It makes their new games look like **** when the old game is the only one there (tbf MvCI was **** but they don't want you to know it)

Nintendo is the only one that doesn't give a **** but that's because they don't care about EVO and also Sm4sh was always there to act as advertising ad well. And even then they did care enough to try and get it off, but fan backlash happpened

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Then... what is your definition of adorable?
I don’t really know. It’s why earlier I used the phrase je ne sais quoi. It’s this gut feeling you get when you see something super cute and you immediately crowd around it and pick it up and hold it and promise to protect it forever....

Now that I say it out loud, it’s almost like it triggers my motherly instincts when it happens.

D

Deleted member

:ultpikachu:HAPPY POKÉMON DAY EVERYONE!:ultpikachu:
I have made Pokémon photos from ultimate
:pikachu:
8C3DAF69-0CAC-47D0-8E54-FE7FBCD978B3.jpeg

25B934CA-52DA-4E23-A2D6-974AC7EC6680.jpeg

E6CCB2EA-71E7-476E-9FAE-66F7EC971767.jpeg
Also happy birthday me

osby

Smash Obsessed
If fictional animals don't do it for you, how about fictional demons?
1551272742017.jpeg

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
because cute doesnt automaticly always mean good just like irl

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
NRS games always cycle to whatever the latest game is.
It's better showing off their new product at high levels rather than an old one with a stale meta.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Game developers typically don't want older games to be used as advertisement for their franchises. It makes their new games look like **** when the old game is the only one there (tbf MvCI was **** but they don't want you to know it)

Nintendo is the only one that doesn't give a **** but that's because they don't care about EVO and also Sm4sh was always there to act as advertising ad well. And even then they did care enough to try and get it off, but fan backlash happpened
Damn you Disney! Superheroes are cool! Like, do we really need FighterZ, Cross Tag Battle, AND UNIST?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom