• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Snake was so perfect I’m almost convinced it’s actually from the games. Hayter hasn’t lost his touch.

He said that it would be “BOTW tier” in terms of scope, likely meaning he doesn’t think it’s just another Pokemon game. Although that’s just his opinion based on what he knows.
God I hope so.

The idea of wondering around with your tiny buddy and then seeing some huge beast just over the horizon, is an epic idea.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It would be jokes if this Direct was a repeat of the one from 2017. :troll:

but seriously I don't want that to happen.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Hot Take

Why ride a bike when I have a horse?

Why ride a bike when I have a horse man?

Why ride a bike when I have a man horse

Why ride a bike when I have a large man thing?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just a reminder that admist all the direct hype, a Detective Pikachu trailer is gonna be dropping about an hour from now...

Man, this week's gonna be jam packed with Pokemon news

Roberk

Smash Champion
Imma be real here: my expectations are at a minumum. I just can’t hype myself up because of Game Freak. I want the game to be good but for a developer with infinite budget they’re hella lazy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Me: I only expect Gen 8's announcement, maybe the box legends and starters and a quick look at the region, with the trainer designs being revealed through the next CoroCoro.

Also Me: It's gonna be a full information blowout and there's gonna be Unova in Go and they're also announcing Pokken 2 and also a Gen 8 Pokémon Fighter Pass reveal and a Sinnoh remake and Let's Go Qwilfish and Dunsparce.

Me to Me: Oh wait it's only seven minutes lol.

D

Deleted member

Imma be real here: my expectations are at a minumum. I just can’t hype myself up because of Game Freak. I want the game to be good but for a developer with infinite budget they’re hella lazy.
Normally I’d agree but idk man, this time
AD32E7F1-8799-4943-8308-E034F926DA18.jpeg

Pakky

Smash Hero
I want a chair pokemon who evolves into a throne. And when it follows me I can sit in it.

I want a wall mount taxidermy ghost Pokémon.

What to to play as a chubby avatar...

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Me: I only expect Gen 8's announcement, maybe the box legends and starters and a quick look at the region, with the trainer designs being revealed through the next CoroCoro.

Also Me: It's gonna be a full information blowout and there's gonna be Unova in Go and they're also announcing Pokken 2 and also a Gen 8 Pokémon Fighter Pass reveal and a Sinnoh remake and Let's Go Qwilfish and Dunsparce.

Me to Me: Oh wait it's only seven minutes lol.
Haaah, it's okay to say this to yourself a lot. I remember King Zell saying that Pokemon would be the Breath of the Wild of this year, implying Pokemon this year might be as popular or well received as what happened with Breath of the Wild.

Also, me: Why do I have a feeling Zell is wrong this time..?

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Haaah, it's okay to say this to yourself a lot. I remember King Zell saying that Pokemon would be the Breath of the Wild of this year, implying Pokemon this year might be as popular or well received as what happened with Breath of the Wild.

Also, me: Why do I have a feeling Zell is wrong this time..?
Could imagine how tone death Game Freak would have to... ****

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I am hoping that being the first proper home console release they really want to make a bang.

But they know that they have a billion dollar IP with no competition. The series plays it safe since there is no pressure to improve. Hope I am wrong, but difficulty scaling (for both single and co-op mode), an extensive online, and gameplay developed with care would be phenomenal. No longer on a handheld: Be ambitious!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I literally only expect what they've done in years past.

i.e. The usual introduction of "Pokemon is a series going on for X amount of years and we thank you for your support" along with the montage of kids playing Pokemon and whathave you. Then we're going to get the titles for both games along with their logo's and that'll be it (release date/window as well maybe). Maybe some loose gameplay screenshots cleverly hidden throughout the montage.

Expecting anything more than that is just asking for disappointment IMO.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Orre? More like gimme morre!
seriously that would be dope

Last edited by a moderator:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I just want a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
If it's going to be true, some actual story for once would be nice, maybe with a unique approach. /s

Yes, I know the previous has story. But I was talking about something like this: A kid (male or female, with the opposite of the gender chose appearing later) in real world getting into a accident -> Walking up in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon... strangely human -> Chaos happens -> Events also happens in real world too.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I'm not very active on Smashboards anymore, but with this Direct announcement you can say me goodbye until the next Pokémon games release (except for brief reactions when Smash DLC characters are announced). Because I'd like to discover this new Pokémon generation (at least mostly) unspoiled just like I did with gen 7. (Also I found very pleasant to not have to speculate on the final evolutions of the starters for more than half a year) I wonder if there's anyone else who plans to do that? But I guess quitting Nintendo social media for this is too much of a commitment for a lot of people.

Maybe this Direct will be spoiler-free like the one that originally announced Sun and Moon (except for a preview at Pikipek) but I won't watch it in case it's more like the X and Y announcement this time around, plus I won't be able to watch it live anyway. So what I'm going to do is to disable signatures and images from loading on Smashboards, and ask other people to give me a few key informations about the Direct by PM:

- Was generation 8 announced at all in the first place? (Very unlikely it won't but we're never sure)
- How spoilery the Direct was? Very much like X/Y or almost spoiler-free like Sun/Moon?
- What are the names of the games?
- Was a release date announced?
- While I don't expect it at all but because you never know, anything about DLC Pokémon content in Smash Ultimate?

Things I don't want to know: the design/name of any new Pokémon (not even the starters/legendaries), the region it is based on, anything not in the list above.

Can anyone send me a PM about that? You can send me one now so I know what I can expect from you then send me another with the information above after the Direct once it goes public. (Also don't assume someone else already did it, I'd rather have several people doing it rather than none!)

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Imma be real here: my expectations are at a minimum. I just can’t hype myself up because of Game Freak. I want the game to be good but for a developer with infinite budget they’re hella lazy.
Give us a Pulseman sequel already. **** it!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom