• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
No pimpslapped like unexpected lol, I live orre to death. Colosseum and XD were my two favorite games on GameCube
Ooh. Sorry about that. ^^;

I grew up with those games and if Game Freak decided to make another one I'd die from the hype.

It's always great to see Orre getting some love. :)

osby

Smash Obsessed
If it's going to be true, some actual story for once would be nice, maybe with a unique approach. /s

Yes, I know the previous has story. But I was talking about something like this: A kid (male or female, with the opposite of the gender chose appearing later) in real world getting into a accident -> Walking up in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon... strangely human -> Chaos happens -> Events also happens in real world too.
This is an actual story. You don't need to be original or unique to write a real story.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
i really hope they announce gen 8 and a new mystery dungeon game for switch, it would just make this year even better for the switch.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Pokemon ThanosDidEverythingWrong and Pokemon ThanosDidNothingWrong
and the third version in 2020, ThanosHadSomeLegitimateConcernsAboutOverpopulationAndResourceDistributionButHeWentAboutSolvingThemInAnExtremeMannerThatDamagedHisCredibility

D

Deleted member

With the new Pokemon Direct being announced, all I can think of is this.

They've been producing Gen 8 before the Switch was a thing. So this had to have been in development for like, three years by now. I really hope that they can wow me with what they got in-store.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
With the new Pokemon Direct being announced, all I can think of is this.

They've been producing Gen 8 before the Switch was a thing. So this had to have been in development for like, three years by now. I really hope that they can wow me with what they got in-store.
what we expect: pokemon with BOTW-level graphics
what we're gonna get: something that looks like the 3DS games, just like LGPE

D

Deleted member

what we expect: pokemon with BOTW-level graphics
what we're gonna get: something that looks like the 3DS games, just like LGPE
I'll actually be pretty upset
LGPE could get away with it because it was designed to look like Pokemon Go but this game better look pretty af

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'll actually be pretty upset
LGPE could get away with it because it was designed to look like Pokemon Go but this game better look pretty af
I'll probably also be a little disappointed if it doesn't look way better this time. I don't expect it to look less cartoony, but I expect it to at least be uh... "Better quality" cartoony

Noipoi

Howdy!
The thing that gets me excited is LGPE was designed brick by brick to be a copy of Gen 1, and i'm pretty sure it runs on the gen 7 engine. Gen 8 was built for the switch, what's it gonna look like?

D

Deleted member

TBH low expectations are pretty healthy to have for Pokemon, methinks.

Game Freak is not exactly...the most capable development team. As much as I love Pokemon, it's a franchise that will never reach its full potential or get the care it deserves, mainly because of who makes it. It's a franchise that I wish was made by anyone except Game Freak.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The thing that gets me excited is LGPE was designed brick by brick to be a copy of Gen 1, and i'm pretty sure it runs on the gen 7 engine. Gen 8 was built for the switch, what's it gonna look like?
This quality. :denzel:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
gen 7

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I hope for the sanity of those hopeing for Botw type pokemon get it because if its not that, oh boy, there is gonna be so MAAAAD people and I cant mentaly handle that
if it's BOTW type pokemon there's gonna be people mad it's not more traditional pokemon and that it's deviated too far from the formula

basically the internet is a big swirling mass of mad people

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I'm so starved for Pokemon info, I'll gladly accept just the names of these games. This game is honestly a big deal. It seems that at last, my childhood dream of a console Pokemon game will come true. :088:

Also give me voice acting in this game. It's time. :093:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
People are expecting a hyperrealistic world with insane graphics, but I won't be surprised at all if Gen 8's graphics end up looking really similar to LGPE. Actually, that's exactly what I'm expecting.

And contrary to what people say, there's nothing wrong with that. Obviously is won't be our perfect vision of a home console Pokemon game, but there's a lot more to a game besides graphics. Doesn't matter how visually stunning it is if the game is absolute crap with a story that's bland and uneventful.

D

Deleted member

Apparently the YT upload for the Direct has "gameplay" as one of its tags.

:drohmy:

(Inb4 "lol it's 5 minutes of LG footage".)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom