• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
inb4 joker's moveset is pulled move-for-move from his appearance in granblue

1551199282764.png

D

Deleted member

TBH low expectations are pretty healthy to have for Pokemon, methinks.

Game Freak is not exactly...the most capable development team. As much as I love Pokemon, it's a franchise that will never reach its full potential or get the care it deserves, mainly because of who makes it. It's a franchise that I wish was made by anyone except Game Freak.
Even if someone else made it, it would still be terrible because Pokemon is flawed merely by its concept.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Even if you someone else made it, it would still be terrible because is flawed merely by its concept.
Other monster collecting and raising games that are phenomenal beg to differ on that one, but to each their own.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
People are expecting a hyperrealistic world with insane graphics, but I won't be surprised at all if Gen 8's graphics end up looking really similar to LGPE. Actually, that's exactly what I'm expecting.

And contrary to what people say, there's nothing wrong with that. Obviously is won't be our perfect vision of a home console Pokemon game, but there's a lot more to a game besides graphics. Doesn't matter how visually stunning it is if the game is absolute crap with a story that's bland and uneventful.
It's been confirmed that it'll look better than LGPE, so yeah.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
People are expecting a hyperrealistic world with insane graphics, but I won't be surprised at all if Gen 8's graphics end up looking really similar to LGPE. Actually, that's exactly what I'm expecting.

And contrary to what people say, there's nothing wrong with that. Obviously is won't be our perfect vision of a home console Pokemon game, but there's a lot more to a game besides graphics. Doesn't matter how visually stunning it is if the game is absolute crap with a story that's bland and uneventful.
On the contrary, it'll have Grand Theft Auto 5 graphics.

Because Gen 8 is Grand Theft Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

Last year he did an interview when LGPE was announced saying "These games are for kids and Normies Go Players, the new gen starts next year and it'll be way better so just sit tight."
"ugh ****ing normies"- Tsunekazu Ishihara

D

Deleted member

You know, this is actually both funny and sad when you think about it.

Nintendo: "Yo, wassup. We got Mario Maker 2, we got Fire Emblem: Actually Not A Bad Game, and we also got Link's Awakening, son! Expect more, because we're crazy."

The Pokemon Company: "Alright, I guess we can show Gen 8. We already made 10 million off of Let's Go, hope you're all excited!"

Microsoft: "We're building towards next-gen, but we ain't stopping there. We're also building... with Nintendo. Game Pass and all. Banjo is coming home."

Square Enix: "Hey, we've ****ed up in the past. So to get back in good graces, all those Final Fantasy games that're coming to Switch? You can get them NOW! We hope you enjoy FF9 and more to come! Don't forget Crystal Chronicles!"

Atlus: "lol you still gotta wait until next month for any news, so here's Catherine again but with more convoluted story line"

What a world we live in.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The president of the Pokemon Company.

Last year he did an interview when LGPE was announced saying "These games are for kids and Normies Go Players, the new gen starts next year and it'll be way better so just sit tight."
hell yeah
getting ready for extreme math mechanics and photorealism
let's go Gen 8

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

Honestly I think the Let's Go games look pretty good. Not really able to tell how good graphics are unless there are gigantic leaps in quality but I thought the games looked good at least.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo: "Yo, wassup. We got Mario Maker 2, we got Fire Emblem: Actually Not A Bad Game, and we also got Link's Awakening, son! Expect more, because we're crazy."

The Pokemon Company: "Alright, I guess we can show Gen 8. We already made 10 million off of Let's Go, hope you're all excited!"

Microsoft: "We're building towards next-gen, but we ain't stopping there. We're also building... with Nintendo. Game Pass and all. Banjo is coming home."

Square Enix: "Hey, we've ****ed up in the past. So to get back in good graces, all those Final Fantasy games that're coming to Switch? You can get them NOW! We hope you enjoy FF9 and more to come! Don't forget Crystal Chronicles!"

Atlus: "lol you still gotta wait until next month for any news, so here's Catherine again but with more convoluted story line"

What a world we live in.
Watch P5 still be a Playstation exclusive.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

What a world we live in.
The only one of these guys not part of Smash Bros yet is Microsoft so... here's hoping

I'm pretty thankful for the game pass thing because no way was I going to buy an Xbox but i still wanted to play some of the games on the pass

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Watch P5 still be a Playstation exclusive.
tbh i almost guarantee that p5 isn't actually getting a switch port anytime soon and nintendo/sakurai just added joker cause they thought he'd be cool and p5 was a good game

like atlus just put out surveys gauging interest for ports of games to other systems, i don't think it's something they're actively working on yet

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

Tbh I don't care too much how the game looks, but I do want it to look vaguely like a game made for a console. I don't expect a non-cartoon art style, but perhaps less constricted routes and things like lighting and framerate improvements. I don't think better graphics are unrealistic to hope for.

My guess is people just don't want it to look like an upscaled 3DS game.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

What a world we live in.
Sony: URP! What bees an E3? We ain't going this year!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Tbh I found this really cool no commentary let's play of P5 and it's doing a decent job of getting me into this world, so it's not like I need a switch port right now.

But I wanna play the game gimme a switch port.

D

Deleted member

Real talk though, while I think P5R is Switchbound, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

My personal confidence can't change what will most likely end up actually happening, unfortunately. :drshrug:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Tbh I don't care too much how the game looks, but I do want it to look vaguely like a game made for a console. I don't expect a non-cartoon art style, but perhaps less constricted routes and things like lighting and framerate improvements. I don't think better graphics are unrealistic to hope for.

My guess is people just don't want it to look like an upscaled 3DS game.
I'm sure it'll at least be of better quality than the 3DS.

I just don't think it's wise for people to interpret "better than LGPE" as "graphics that'll put BOTW to shame". Expecting something of that caliber is like expecting every single region to appear in the new Pokemon game.

D

Deleted member

You know it’s funny that Pokémon day and the Pokémon direct is on the exact day of my birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom