• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh yeah the EVO game reveal show is at 9 EST today
Honestly I wanna see the drama if Melee is in/isn't in, so I got my popcorn ready
It has to be, it's the greatest thing humanity has ever produced. Some say that it wasn't actually developed, rather, it came from the heavens themselves one day, blessed by the gods.

It's the greatest game ever made with fantastic :foxmelee: balance, :jigglypuffmelee: and no game breaking :kirbymelee: bugs :gawmelee: or flaws. Even the grabs :marthmelee: are great!

D

Deleted member

I can't ****ing believe that goddamn Deadpool is voicing an addict Pikachu

This is the alpha timeline

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
We're getting two separate CGI Mewtwos within 3 months of each other. :150:

D

Deleted member

It has to be, it's the greatest thing humanity has ever produced. Some say that it wasn't actually developed, rather, it came from the heavens themselves one day, blessed by the gods.

It's the greatest game ever made with fantastic :foxmelee: balance, :jigglypuffmelee: and no game breaking :kirbymelee: bugs :gawmelee: or flaws. Even the grabs :marthmelee: are great!
melee be like
*shine noises*

osby

Smash Obsessed

You forgot about how all half of the characters in the game are perfectly viable. And it's so fair that nobody :icsmelee: is banned.

Roberk

Smash Champion
On the topic of graphics, I still feel like Kirby Star Allies is unironically in the top 5 best looking Switch games.

Seriously, the backgrounds were incredible. Dedede's Castle floored me when I saw it the first time.
>good graphics
>locked 30 FPS when almost every other first party game is 60 FPS

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Honestly I wanna see the drama if Melee is in/isn't in, so I got my popcorn ready
There’s supposed to be 9 games in the main EVO lineup right?

-Super Smash Bros Ultimate
-Super Smash Bros Melee
-Street Figher V: Arcade Edition
-Tekken 7
-Soul Calibur 6
-Mortal Kombat 11
-Dragon Ball Fighterz
-Blazblue Cross Tag Battle
-Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2

I would say Granblue Fantasy Versus, but there’s no ****ing way that’s coming out in time.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
It might be, but depending on how closely they're following the scene, it might not be. Ultimate's taking the world by storm, and many Melee players have gravitated to it and dropped Melee already. Also, because almost no one in Melee knows how to deal with Hungrybox, he's basically the shoe-in to win EVO if Melee does get one last hurrah.

On the topic of graphics, I still feel like Kirby Star Allies is unironically in the top 5 best looking Switch games.

Seriously, the backgrounds were incredible. Dedede's Castle floored me when I saw it the first time.
>good graphics
>locked 30 FPS when almost every other first party game is 60 FPS
Star Allies looks great, although I have a feeling it was unoptimized and rushed. The Kirby games on 3DS ran at 60 fps, so the Switch should be able to handle a similar 2D platformer at 60. Star Allies even drops frames in some circumstances, which is absurd. It's a good game, but I hope that the next game irons out those issues for a smoother experience.

D

Deleted member

I can easily see Melee getting the boot, it’s already a controversial game within the FGC and the whole puff debacle could convince mr wizard to not add it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Golurk.png

Look at my beautiful robo-golem boy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They made Aipom terrifying for some reason.

View attachment 194700
I mean, to be fair, Aipom is one of those Pokémon whose design would be really uncanny-valley in live action, with its eyes, mouth, and hand-for-tail, so I'm glad they took that fact and ran with it. :p

D

Deleted member

Now seems as good a time as any to post one of my older YTP's, haha!
dear god it's actually good lol, I'll be making a "sequel" with the movie trailers soon

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know it won't happen because Mewtwo is the big bad of the movie, but could we get something like Tyranitar and Hydreigon to have a Godzilla style Pokemon battle in the city?

D

Deleted member

Detective Pikachu works because it gets what makes Pokemon so loved, it doesn't a complex plot, coreographed battling, or a faithful adaptation of the games. It's all about the Pokemon itself and that's the most we've seen out of these trailers. No one even really cares about Pokemon plots most of the time, yeah they can be fun such as with BW or SM but what we all care about are the Pokemon itself. By using the "missing dad involved in a conspiracy" mystery basic plot, it allows more time to be focused on showing a world of humans and Pokemon living together and, well, that's really what we all wanted ever since we first came in contact with this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom