• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I know it won't happen because Mewtwo is the big bad of the movie, but could we get something like Tyranitar and Hydreigon to have a Godzilla style Pokemon battle in the city?
tyranitar is 6'1"

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I gotta admit, I didn’t expect them to have this big of a variety of Pokémon in the movie. Good to see they’re adding Pokémon from almost all the generations into the movie.
It'd be so easy to just lean on Gen 1, but instead they made it a love letter to the Pokemon series and those who love it.

D

Deleted member

Leaving this on record:
Screenshot_20190226-142834.png

You can't ****ing fool me Zorua, I know that's you

D

Deleted member

if detective pikachu is so good then why can't he find my ****ing serotonin

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Man you can just feel the love and creativity bursting out of that movie. Compared to the upcoming Monster Hunter movie, which is taking the Transformers approach to the series because the people behind it are creatively bankrupt and don't know or care at all about the source material. And then there's the Sonic movie, where... who knows what they're doing.

Thank God we're finally going to have a good video game adaptation to prove that yes, it can be done if you actually care about the source material and work hard to faithfully represent it on the big screen.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know it probably wasn't, but damn it all, I WANT to believe Mewtwo and Pikachu fighting on the balloons was a Poké Floats reference.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Have we seen Lucario yet? Feel that's the only big-name Pokemon that's missing so far

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I know it probably wasn't, but damn it all, I WANT to believe Mewtwo and Pikachu fighting on the balloons was a Poké Floats reference.
If a remix of this starts playing during that scene, then whoever made that decision is a goddamn hero.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So I come here to find Ludicolo look like some derpy Furby wearing a straw hat. and Golurk being a stone magma robot with a bandaid on it. The Growlithe are pretty accurate.

Such images might be interesting after all and good for my creative brain.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
*Walks into thread

I feel like every time I escape this thread some unseen Force just pulls me back in.

D

Deleted member

Protip: To avoid getting Pranked, hide in a Prank Proof bunker. Guaranteed to stop the pranks!
why would you ever want to avoid becoming į̵̳̞̝̟̉͛̇̽͊̊̎̾́̿̀͗͐̇̕̚m̸̢͚̩͕͖͖̦̰̮̞̞̟͎̮̜̲͉̘̺̟̻͚̫̺̊̇̌̍͌̿̆̄͗̇̓̐͛͂̌̊͆̓͌p̴̨̡̧̧̛̗̰̮̫͚͖͉̯̭͔̝̞͚̮̠̩̟̩̱̟̠͖̠̱̗͗̾̑͌̀́̃̆̈́̃̓͋̎͂̃̈́̃̒̈́̏̓͂̓̈̒̈́́̊̕̕͜͜͜͠͝r̶͖̫̪̞͎̖̘̯̾̑́͛̏̊̄̌̇̈́̈̀͑̌͗̉͗̊̄̐̂̈͝͝o̸͕̝̮͓̦͖̟̐̽̀̃̐̃̽͊͗̎̅̇͑̍͌̚v̵̨̮̥͖̤͍̤̮̺̩͚͕̩̭̩̹̼̠̜̈́͌̎̂͐́͗̈̑͗̾̕͜͠͝͝ȩ̶̡̛̱͕̰̞̟͉̥̺͓̗͎̭̩̮͓̄̃̉̓̊͐̋̀͑̅̾̒͊̈́̆͑͊̀̾̇́̃͗͠ͅd̷̢̢̢̥̣̖̫̰͈̝̻͎͙͓͕̘͓̲͎̰̲̯̅̒̈́̈̅̆̈̎̏̓̈̉̽̕͜͠ͅͅ

D

Deleted member

why would you ever want to avoid becoming į̵̳̞̝̟̉͛̇̽͊̊̎̾́̿̀͗͐̇̕̚m̸̢͚̩͕͖͖̦̰̮̞̞̟͎̮̜̲͉̘̺̟̻͚̫̺̊̇̌̍͌̿̆̄͗̇̓̐͛͂̌̊͆̓͌p̴̨̡̧̧̛̗̰̮̫͚͖͉̯̭͔̝̞͚̮̠̩̟̩̱̟̠͖̠̱̗͗̾̑͌̀́̃̆̈́̃̓͋̎͂̃̈́̃̒̈́̏̓͂̓̈̒̈́́̊̕̕͜͜͜͠͝r̶͖̫̪̞͎̖̘̯̾̑́͛̏̊̄̌̇̈́̈̀͑̌͗̉͗̊̄̐̂̈͝͝o̸͕̝̮͓̦͖̟̐̽̀̃̐̃̽͊͗̎̅̇͑̍͌̚v̵̨̮̥͖̤͍̤̮̺̩͚͕̩̭̩̹̼̠̜̈́͌̎̂͐́͗̈̑͗̾̕͜͠͝͝ȩ̶̡̛̱͕̰̞̟͉̥̺͓̗͎̭̩̮͓̄̃̉̓̊͐̋̀͑̅̾̒͊̈́̆͑͊̀̾̇́̃͗͠ͅd̷̢̢̢̥̣̖̫̰͈̝̻͎͙͓͕̘͓̲͎̰̲̯̅̒̈́̈̅̆̈̎̏̓̈̉̽̕͜͠ͅͅ
how the **** did you do that

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Because...

This is gonna end up being some cheesy Twilight Zone episode where everyone looks the same isn’t it?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Excuse me.

Hold up.

Did I just hear a friggin' Pikachu say "Get me the Hell outta here!"?

Which timeline is this?

D

Deleted member

how the **** did you do that
It's a ṣ̵̞͚̳̠̮̠̤̠͗̉̒̇́̆͗̎̀̎͝e̴̢̧̛͉̙̣͓̯̜̥͂̕͘͝͠c̴͈̟̝͓̝͈̒̅̔͑̊̓̎̍́̈̒̾̾͝ṟ̴͍̲̮̣̙͔͙̳͚̲̉͂̿̉̿͒͐̓̒̈́̔̎̚͘e̵̞̳̘͌t̸̢̧̼̻͚̭̥͍͚̀̀̀͛͗͋̌͐̕ to everybody

Last edited by a moderator:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Y'all already forgot about Endgame huh smh
I could see it going either way, frankly. Endgame is probably gonna clear $2 billion, easy, but Pokemon is the most profitable media franchise in the world. Bigger than Star Wars or any other superhero. And that's just in its relatively short 23 year lifespan. The games, cards, anime, and everything else are all massively popular even to this day.

So take that 23 years of historic popularity and profits, and now give it a genuinely promising and good Hollywood movie to finally cash in on it. And compared to many other Hollywood movies that compete against other similar movies, Detective Pikachu has no direct competition. It's not a superhero movie, it's not a straight action movie, not a thriller, not a comedy, not anything that fits into any easily defined genre. It's completely unique and something that hasn't really been done before.

It all depends on the final product; if reviews come in and it's actually a mess somehow, then that'll wound it. But from all appearances, it looks like the plot is fairly straightforward, being a detective story (which is a pretty genius move to keep things simple), while putting most of the energy and creativity into the world, which is going to be the most interesting depiction of the Pokemon world ever.

I'm gonna see it.

D

Deleted member

It's a ṣ̵̞͚̳̠̮̠̤̠͗̉̒̇́̆͗̎̀̎͝e̴̢̧̛͉̙̣͓̯̜̥͂̕͘͝͠c̴͈̟̝͓̝͈̒̅̔͑̊̓̎̍́̈̒̾̾͝ṟ̴͍̲̮̣̙͔͙̳͚̲̉͂̿̉̿͒͐̓̒̈́̔̎̚͘e̵̞̳̘͌t̸̢̧̼̻͚̭̥͍͚̀̀̀͛͗͋̌͐̕ to everyobdy
holy **** we found a glitchmeister

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Excuse me.

Hold up.

Did I just hear a friggin' Pikachu say "Get me the Hell outta here!"?

Which timeline is this?
The one where hell exists in Pokemon at the same time as the Distortion World even though the DW is just kind of an antimatter thing

D

Deleted member

I could see it going either way, frankly. Endgame is probably gonna clear $2 billion, easy, but Pokemon is the most profitable media franchise in the world. Bigger than Star Wars or any other superhero. And that's just in its relatively short 23 year lifespan. The games, cards, anime, and everything else are all massively popular even to this day.

So take that 23 years of historic popularity and profits, and now give it a genuinely promising and good Hollywood movie to finally cash in on it. And compared to many other Hollywood movies that compete against other similar movies, Detective Pikachu has no direct competition. It's not a superhero movie, it's not a straight action movie, not a thriller, not a comedy, not anything that fits into any easily defined genre. It's completely unique and something that hasn't really been done before.

It all depends on the final product; if reviews come in and it's actually a mess somehow, then that'll wound it. But from all appearances, it looks like the plot is fairly straightforward, being a detective story (which is a pretty genius move to keep things simple), while putting most of the energy and creativity into the world, which is going to be the most interesting depiction of the Pokemon world ever.

I'm gonna see it.
Oh yeah, this movie is gonna be ****ing huuuuuge
This is definitely a top 5 grossing movie, probably #2 or #1
I just think that considering how huge the MCU is, and specifically how huge Infinity War was and Endgame being a direct sequel to it resolving a huge-ass cliffhanger where everyone ****ing died? It's gonna be hard to beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom