• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Don't forget, there's more Mario Maker 2 info in the large banner image on Nintendo.com.
mariobanner.PNG
Since Cat Toadette is suddenly a thing, that heavily implies that there are multiple playable characters.
Also, Koopas driving jeeps.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I guess one of the reasons that Three Houses looks appealing to me is because it gives me major Trails of Cold Steel III vibes, and my excitement for that game is through the roof.

The premise is pretty similar, though I'm interested in how FETH will handle it.

D

Deleted member

All of the SE announcements were super good. Thinking I'll make DQ11 on Switch my first DQ game, and I'll finally play FFVII.

I did get mad at the Smash stuff for like two seconds, though. I screamed "You suck!" at the TV when they were being coy about it, lol. It's only two months, though. Really short amount of time, and they won't drop Joker without showing him in full. Probably gonna have a Direct mini in early April before they start gearing up for E3 at this point.

Also Zinith Zinith YOSHI DEMO HYPE???

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Don't forget, there's more Mario Maker 2 info in the large banner image on Nintendo.com.
Since Cat Toadette is suddenly a thing, that heavily implies that there are multiple playable characters.
I hope they have different physics. Maybe have an option for them to function the same or be Different?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
lol what birdbrained logic is this. no, they don't need to announce erdrick right now, especially if he's still not in a showable state (which is very likely).
In the context of Inkling and Isabelle's announcements, which came paired with big news about their home series, there being a blowout of Dragon Quest announcements and no Smash announcement is a little telling.

It's definitely possible that Erdrick or whoever the hell might be announced later this year appropros of nothing, but the timing today was very appropriate.

I'm leaning more towards this being Isaac 2.0 where there's several bits of tiny but insubstantial evidence that the character will be announced, and over time that turns into everyone assuming that they're totally confirmed, until everything is said and done and there's nothing.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
1) i love how They are pushing Toadette as a main character, I love it so much
2) I love they made Luigi work with his Brother, Brothers working together is the best thing

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So who's going to end up being the better tactician. Robin or Byleth?

Bonus points for people who pick Robin as Robin is the obvious answer.

D

Deleted member

Ya'll ready to make babies with your students in Fire Emblem: Three Houses™?
for real though fe looks really cool i just wish the avatar was customizable

Ranking overall:
MOTHER****ING LINK'S AWAKENING BAYBEEEE
FE: Not!Persona Edition
Kamiya Blade Chronicles X2
Everything else

Last edited by a moderator:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
When they announced the Smash update, there was an huge egg with purple dots at the center of the picture... at first I was confused... then, after watching the Link's Awakening trailer, I got that it was probably a reference to that... but what does it mean? TalTal Mountain/Heights will come for real as a stage, finally? And what character could be bundled with a Link's Awakening stage? Chibi Link? That would be a crazy WTF.
Maybe a Zelda character unrelated with Link's Awakening?
(Impa, Tetra, Tingle, a champion, Ganon, Vaati, I don't know...)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Great Direct but like no Smash info. Next time baby.

It is nice to know April's going to be a big ass update apparently. Along with Joker.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Nintendo just does not know how to do DLC. Look at Injustice 2 for example, granted a smaller game then Ultimate but one that was also developed in half the time. They decided on who the DLC characters would be early. At the same time as the rest of the roster by all indication. They didn't start developing them till much later, but they started early enough that a new character was released every month for nine months following release.

They revealed that there would be DLC early, we knew for a while that there would be 9 extra characters. A week before release, they had a trailer ready showing the first 3 characters. We didn't see gameplay, it was a per-rendered cinematic. But we saw WHO they were. Then they also showed us the rest of the characters in sillouette so the community had actual fule for speculation rather than just pure conjecture. To me, this is how you do DLC. And I wish Nintendo adopted a similar strategy for Smash.
That goes against sakurai’s philosophy on DLC. From interview, we know he prefers to focus on developing the game and, once it launches, begin preparing for DLC. I love Injustice 2 but I don’t mind the way Smash DLC is.

I imagine we will be getting some sort of Smash video presentation, either as a direct or not this april showing Joker and probably the next DLC teaser. Seems like we are getting new modes or somethin somethin.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
When they announced the Smash update, there was an huge egg with purple dots at the center of the picture... at first I was confused... then, after watching the Link's Awakening trailer, I got that it was probably a reference to that... but what does it mean? TalTal Mountain/Heights will come for real as a stage, finally? And what character could be bundled with a Link's Awakening stage? Chibi Link? That would be a crazy WTF.
Maybe a Zelda character unrelated with Link's Awakening?
(Impa, Tetra, Tingle, a champion, Ganon, Vaati, I don't know...)
It's an egg.

Like Easter.

Like spring.

Everyone was wearing bunny hats, my dude.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ya know what this means is that Vergeben will be dumped down the memory hole over at Smash Wiki because since he was "Wrong" about the Game awards and actually was wrong now, that means everything that he was right about leading up to the ****ing release of the goddamn game is irrelevant he was wrong forever ha ha loser kraut were smash wiki heil loz18 were not mad that he slept with our mums we swear...

D

Deleted member

Also I guess the Link’s Awakening art style is gonna be the next big controversy with both sides of the argument flinging gargantuan levels of **** at each other. Gearing up for that.

D

Deleted member

i mean king zell got a bunch of stuff right and he said that a pikmin 3 port is happening. so yeah go and tell him he's full of crap.
Meh, I’ve personally always thought Vergeben isn’t very trustworthy. Maybe just me tho. lol

KMDP

Smash Legend
Please dear god let there be a Weapon X unit.. Only thing that'd get me to buy the game tbh.
Weapon X, huh?

Wolverine
Weapon: Claws​
Skills: Miracle (Luck% chance of surviving a lethal attack), Renewal (restore 30% HP every turn), Even Better (restore 40% HP every even numbered turn), Better Odds (restore 40% HP every odd numbered turn), Relief (restore 20% HP every turn if there are no other allies within a 3-tile radius) (all the heals!)​
His stats are heavily skewed towards HP, Attack and Luck (for miracle procs).​

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Gotta say, I'm really liking the look of Astral Chain. I hope we get some new info on it before long. I'm gonna keep my eyes on this one.

Gonna have to seriously budget myself though. Both Three Houses and MM2 come out in Summer, and then I'll be buying Cold Steel III in Fall...

Gonna have to work hard, I guess.

I'm gonna have to check that Yoshi demo out too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also I guess the Link’s Awakening art style is gonna be the next big controversy with both sides of the argument flinging gargantuan levels of **** at each other. Gearing up for that.
Oh you know it will be. My gut tells me it'll be Wind Waker all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom