• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Very happy about all those FF and DQ release dates. Also glad to see DQXIS has the features everyone's been wanting for it.

I missed out on the first Mario Maker, so I want to get Mario Maker 2. Going to be weird making 2D levels with 3D World.

Also interested in Platinum's game at the end (this sounds so weird with my username).

Link's Awakening remake (remake 2 technically) looks visually distinctive. I adore the graphics from LADX and the Oracle games so it's nice to see them transformed in 2019.

Also lol Retro. Star Fox GP rumours and then Atlas has more Star Fox content with racing.

As for Smash, yay for obscured Joker model I guess. Such a tease though but at least we have a time frame for the next big thing.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Really don't like Hellblade so that announcement didn't do anything for me, but the rest of the announcements kept me intrigued.
I can tell they really didn't want to talk about smash in this direct.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
People are upset with this Direct because they invested all their faith in false rumors and found these nonexistent cues that SE was hyping Edrick.

The take home lesson here is that we shouldn't act like we're entitled to a newcomer in literally every Nintendo Direct.

Bayo and Corrin would like to have a word with you.
Bayo and Corrin took roughly nine months to make from the time we found data of them to their reveal in Decemeber 2015. That's not even remotely close the three months.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
So I got Super Mario Maker 2.

Nothing else I was interested in :/
Like we didn't even get Smash or any Animal Crossing. Here's hoping e3 is actually good.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Good direct. We got even less than I expected for Smash, given that I only expected Joker gameplay, but otherwise I enjoyed it.

D

Deleted member

I won´t let Ultimate Alliance 3 stop me from celebrating a dope Direct, that´s for sure.

I really want to get DQXI on Switch.

Shroob

Sup?
People are upset with this Direct because they invested all their faith in false rumors and found these nonexistent cues that SE was hyping Edrick.

The take home lesson here is that we shouldn't act like we're entitled to a newcomer in literally every Nintendo Direct.

Bayo and Corrin took roughly nine months to make from the time we found data of them to their reveal in Decemeber 2015? That's not even remotely close the three months.
Except we know that whoever Brave is, they started development roughly the same time that Joker did due to the datamine.

We can assume, at the very least. Especially if one's to believe that DLC was started more towards the end of the development cycle.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I went back to watch the Mario Maker 2 trailer, and it seems there's gonna be SO much more cool stuff to experiment with.

Slopes, Cat Mario, Air Blowers, Water Level changing, Manual autoscrolling, Boom Boom, Switch Blocks, Clear Pipes, 3D Land/World enemies and elements, Angry Sun, Snake Blocks, Stompable Piranha Plants, Total coin counts, Extendable path blocks, Background Bullet Bills, Climbable Fences, 10 Coins, Weight-based tilting platforms, Parachutes, Multi-colored Pipes, Multi-colored Yoshis, New Backdrops, Banzai Bills, LUIGI (possible 2-player mode?), and of course, many returning elements from MM1 (Pink Coins, Fire Clown Car, etc.)

All in all, it looks like it has everything that made the first Mario Maker amazing, and expanded upon it immensely. It honestly looks phenomenal, I'm definitely buying it. And it comes out so soon too! 4 Months away!

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So now we're left with the big question of just what the hell 3.0 is.

They made it sound like it's this HUGE deal that's going to change the game, yet they wouldn't tell us anything.

Buckle up for another 2 months of pointless debates and speculation, fells.
Yeah, honestly I would've left out any mention of Smash if I'd directed this. Like, what was the point.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Really don't like Hellblade so that announcement didn't do anything for me, but the rest of the announcements kept me intrigued.
I can tell they really didn't want to talk about smash in this direct.
I'm just grinning because Microsoft owns Ninja Theory now. It's one thing for them to port over Minecraft. But in the past, buying a title like that would have meant it was an Xbox Exclusive for all time. But that's not what happened. They brought it to Switch. It makes me wonder what else Microsoft might bring us.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
erdrick coming from vergeben's main source should probably be taken with a block of salt now

1550098370500.png

1550098335021.png

D

Deleted member

The more I think about it the Happier I am about the Direct.

Link's Awakening and Mario Maker 2 is so freaking cool!

That New Platinum game has the potential to be great.

but most importantly MY BABY BOY GENO IS ALIVE!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'll bet any amount of money we get a Smash-focused Direct next month talking about Version 3.0. They teased more than just Joker, and they seem to think it's something worthy of keeping under wraps for now.

D

Deleted member

Hey at least we got a vague release window for Joker, which was what I was expecting. And I do think we're gonna get more then just Joker and his stage + music considering how secretive they were. Maybe some new iems? More QoL changes? Maybe a new character?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Is Link's Awakening good? I dunno if I wanna get the remake.
It was fantastic. Before Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening was the acid trip weird-*** Zelda game.

It was also the first 2D Zelda I beat as a kid so I'm pretty nostalgic over it.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I only got 1 out of 3 predictions right, while my friend got none lol. I guess I won't have to sing "Rap do Minecraft" tomorrow :p.

D

Deleted member

Good Stuff for Me:
  • LINK'S MOTHER****ING AWAKENING!
  • Astral Chain looks sick. I like Platinum games, and they have my attention with this one.
  • Ultimate Alliance 3 looks cool. X-Men characters confirmed, so I'm on board
  • That Oni-What-It's-Called by Square Enix looks really interesting.
  • Daeomon X Machina looks awesome!
  • Super Mario Maker 2 will be fun. Probably.
  • I might check out Rune Factory.
Meh Stuff:
  • Pretty Much Everything Else lol. Fire Emblem Three Houses looks interesting, but I know better that to fall for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Wow, that's a lot of cool stuff for me! Joker looks fun, LOZ looks fun (never played the GB version) and Super Mario Maker 2?? On a system that other people play?? Holy crap yes! I'm really hyped about that. And considering we just got Piranha Plant, I'm fine with waiting a while for Smash info. I wasn't looking forward to the direct, but that exceeded my expectations :)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah, honestly I would've left out any mention of Smash if I'd directed this. Like, what was the point.
Because we'd just get people complaining about there not being any mention of Smash.

There's no winning unless Nintendo reveals a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom