• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This Direct was a wonderful Red Velvet cake, and Ultimate Alliance 3´s section was the little bit of dirt in one of the slices.

I just need to take that dirt off the cake and the thing will feel great for my belly.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
I think the direct was alright, lots of interesting stuff. However, the only I personally cared about was Mario Maker 2.

The smash section was pretty underwhelming though, like you'd think they'd have at least some gameplay of Joker but nope. Nothing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I was expecting half of the trailers to hard cut into a Smash reveal for some reason, and it made me think I would be super cool with most of the characters shown hahahah

Including Tetromino

Shroob

Sup?
Because we'd just get people complaining about there not being any mention of Smash.

There's no winning unless Nintendo reveals a character.
I mean, the trade off is:

"Here's Smash! We're not going to tell you ANYTHING about it, but here's Smash!"

Like, I'm excited for whatever 'big' news the 3.0 update brings but, why bother if you're not going to show any of it?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Because we'd just get people complaining about there not being any mention of Smash.

There's no winning unless Nintendo reveals a character.
Yeah but this Direct wasn't for Smash.

The one thing I can gather is that 3.0 is going to be huge. Like, new modes type of huge. Because otherwise why would they commit part of this direct to a balance patch and another mention of a character we already know about?

KMDP

Smash Legend
I went back to watch the Mario Maker 2 trailer, and it seems there's gonna be SO much more cool stuff to experiment with.

Slopes, Cat Mario, Air Blowers, Water Level changing, Manual autoscrolling, Boom Boom, Switch Blocks, Clear Pipes, 3D Land/World enemies and elements, Angry Sun, Snake Blocks, Stompable Piranha Plants, Total coin counts, Extendable path blocks, Background Bullet Bills, Climbable Fences, 10 Coins, Weight-based tilting platforms, Parachutes, Multi-colored Pipes, Multi-colored Yoshis, New Backdrops, Banzai Bills, LUIGI (possible 2-player mode?), and of course, many returning elements from MM1 (Pink Coins, Fire Clown Car, etc.)

All in all, it looks like it has everything that made the first Mario Maker amazing, and expanded upon it immensely. It honestly looks phenomenal, I'm definitely buying it. And it comes out so soon too! 4 Months away!
So am I. :estatic:
I thought that was OoT.
They said "one of the best", not the best.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm gonna be completely honest, when the Link's Awakening trailer started I was thinking "IS THIS POKEMON??"

I should know better, but i'm far too excited for gen 8 to think rationally.

D

Deleted member

I will likely get Super Mario Maker 2, Link´s Awakening, DQ11, DQB2, the Snake and Simon amiibo and a few other things.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I mean, the trade off is:

"Here's Smash! We're not going to tell you ANYTHING about it, but here's Smash!"

Like, I'm excited for whatever 'big' news the 3.0 update brings but, why bother if you're not going to show any of it?
Like I said, we just get "Where's Smash?" repeated infinitely.

At least we got a vague "When's Smash".

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Smash 2.0 released Piranha Plant. I think it's safe to assume that 3.0 will release Joker, and maybe the second DLC character.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
New prediction.

We’re getting a Smash Direct in March and they’re showcasing the Ver 3.0 update, Joker, and a newcomer there.

They made 3.0 seem like this big update, and with Joker coming soon I could a direct coming up that showcase the things they want to keep under wraps.

EDIT: I’ll go more specific and say Mid March- Early April.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Whoo boy and thus the drought for DLC begins until E3.
Joker and the Spring update are in April. That's before E3.

I do kinda think there's gotta be a Smash Direct between now and April.

Though I feel like Erdrick might be a bust now. You get a direct with a special focus on his home series and don't reveal him?

Seems fishy.
If he's coming, he's probably being added around the same time 11 releases.

It's way too early to announce a character being added in the fall.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
People are upset with this Direct because they invested all their faith in false rumors and found these nonexistent cues that SE was hyping Edrick.

The take home lesson here is that we shouldn't act like we're entitled to a newcomer in literally every Nintendo Direct.

Bayo and Corrin took roughly nine months to make from the time we found data of them to their reveal in Decemeber 2015. That's not even remotely close the three months.
Either they'll revisit Dragon Quest again in a later Direct to build up to Erdrick a second time, or he's not coming at all. Because if there was a time to announce him, that was it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I love how we were all going in to this expecting for our fires to be calmed a bit, but that's the opposit of what happenend. None of the tension was diffused and it's just gonna keep growing until it explodes in march or April (depends on how early in April the update drops)

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm gonna be completely honest, when the Link's Awakening trailer started I was thinking "IS THIS POKEMON??"

Don't worry, I thought the same thing.

I quickly realized it was Link's Awakening, but at first I was wondering if it was Pokémon.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Ok, so now I have Kirby Star Allies, Mario Maker 2, Metroid Prime 4 (probably), and the awesome remake of Link's Awakening! Now I can finally buy a Switch.

I also love the new levels of Cpt Toad but I don't want to re-buy the game when I have the original on WiiU, so I'll probably skip them, sadly.

-Mario Maker 2 has the Mario 3D World style, and I was asking for ages a modern 2D Mario style that's not "New".
-Link's Awakening has always been my second favorite Zelda game ever, second only to Majora. Finally a remake in modern graphics... I'm not sure if I like the cute/chibi style in this game, but for sure it looks great. I hope they kept the THIEF easter egg XD And the cameos, and the Dark Matter thing.

The only downside for me is that I'm scared about that Smash announcement... that last sentence. Spring is THE time for smash, or something... I hope that's not a hint because you all know how much I dislike that character.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Wasn't even a smash announcement and I can barely get a word in edgewise.. Well most of everyone has me set to Ignored but still.. When the heck is the Pokemon Announcement.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't thinking that I was yelling that like a true Nintendo fanboy

Shroob

Sup?
I'm honestly loving the chaos that Erdrick(Or anyone, for that matter)'s lack of showing is causing.

But this is just not how to handle Smash.

I get it, hype up the big 3.0 update to maybe even have a Smash-focused Direct in April, but it's also really just, I dunno, why even both telling us about 3.0 if you can't say anything?

A "Joker will be released in April" would have been good enough, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom