• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

smashbot226

Smash Master
Yeah I use XBL and we can spar. The Bear Trap/Log Trap reset in the corner seems to not really work that well, I think it's probably better off if I reset with boulder trap instead.
Corner unblockables with Boulder Trap? Because I think that hits high. Oh lord, I would be in so much trouble against Rocket were it not for
Kl'rt

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Corner unblockables with Boulder Trap? Because I think that hits high. Oh lord, I would be in so much trouble against Rocket were it not for
Kl'rt
It does hit high and Rocky can create an unblockable. Just a quick tip, ALWAYS pushblock Rocket Raccoon. If you don't I'm setting a boulder trap right under you so I can make my unblockable. If you push him away he won't be able to hit you with a crouching low attack. Boulder Trap and Log Trap are his two best moves.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
So if using a PS controller, pad vs stick?
Doesn't matter, it's just personal preference.

When I used to play on pad, I found the stick too mushy for specials, and didn't control concisely enough, so I used the d-pad. But either is fine, there's no wrong answer.

Or even switch back and forth between the two, if that's what you're into.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I have a much easier time doing inputs like halfcircle or quick QC forwards and then backwards with a stick, but other stuff is easier with the pad. I kinda fail a QC inputs and I feel bad. I am so terrible at this game.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Only thing I like about pads are that SRK motions are hella easier.

Otherwise, I prefer stick.

DUB

Smash Lord
Are their any other assist in the game that work like Spencers Slant Shot?

I'm doing a combo with Chris that ends in Crouching H --> Spencer Assist--> Grenade Launcher Super --> Flamethrower ---> Sweep Combo.

Chris Grenade Launcher doesn't even combo on airborne people = / I don't want to use Spencer , anyone know of assist that could work for this combo? My Team is looking like Chris/XX/Sentinel

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Are their any other assist in the game that work like Spencers Slant Shot?

I'm doing a combo with Chris that ends in Crouching H --> Spencer Assist--> Grenade Launcher Super --> Flamethrower ---> Sweep Combo.

Chris Grenade Launcher doesn't even combo on airborne people = / I don't want to use Spencer , anyone know of assist that could work for this combo? My Team is looking like Chris/XX/Sentinel
Strider, Rocket Raccoon, and Wesker can help Chris connect his Grenade Launcher.

For Chris/strider you do cr. H + Varaja assist, Grenade toss M into Grenade Super, Grenade Toss M should pop them up to make all of the Grenade Super properly combo.

For Chris/Rocket, call out Rocky's Log Trap at the same time you do the Grenade Super in a corner and the whole thing will connect.

For Chris/Wesker you can do the a standard air combo into the corner, grenade toss M + Wesker's OTG assist and then Grenade Super.

DUB

Smash Lord
Strider, Rocket Raccoon, and Wesker can help Chris connect his Grenade Launcher.

For Chris/strider you do cr. H + Varaja assist, Grenade toss M into Grenade Super, Grenade Toss M should pop them up to make all of the Grenade Super properly combo.

For Chris/Rocket, call out Rocky's Log Trap at the same time you do the Grenade Super in a corner and the whole thing will connect.

For Chris/Wesker you can do the a standard air combo into the corner, grenade toss M + Wesker's OTG assist and then Grenade Super.
This is good stuff. So in most OTG assist+Grenade Toss should help set this up?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
This is good stuff. So in most OTG assist+Grenade Toss should help set this up?
Basically how it works is that Chris' first Grenade Launcher Shot puts the opponent in a hard knockdown state, Grenade Toss M pops them back up just in time before they recover and they are combo'd into the 3rd shot of the Grenade Super, which combos into the rest of it.

You need to have an assist that can let Chris use Grenade Toss M in the middle of a combo and then be able to connect with the first shot of his Grenade Super.

DUB

Smash Lord
Yeah thats pretty spot on.

I got it to work for Iron Fists wall bounce, Vergils Rapid Slash, and Chun Lis rapid kick. He also has good DHC may not be suc ha bad character with drones backing him up.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Why are SRK motions so damn difficult on stick? I literally played straight for 5 hours today and near the end still was missing them in combos a lot (some are easier than others of course)

If anyone wants to play on XBL add me! GT is Reddddddd (that's 7)

Yazz

Smash Apprentice
my current team is Haggar(Double Lariat)/Frank(Shopping Cart)/Spencer(H. Grapple)
im looking to replace Haggar an Frank maybe. any suggestions?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
my current team is Haggar(Double Lariat)/Frank(Shopping Cart)/Spencer(H. Grapple)
im looking to replace Haggar an Frank maybe. any suggestions?
Chris works very well with both Haggar and Spencer. Haggar/Chris/Spencer is pretty beast.

Oh man I love playing around with THCs.

One I use is Spencer+Iron man. Full Screen punish with a Bionic Arm that's safe and Spencer can continue a combo after it. I'm also sure that Iron Man's Proton Cannon up close hitbox is something like frame 1 though I'm not sure.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Why are SRK motions so damn difficult on stick? I literally played straight for 5 hours today and near the end still was missing them in combos a lot (some are easier than others of course)

If anyone wants to play on XBL add me! GT is Reddddddd (that's 7)
Keep practicing. I got SRK motions dowm in like a day playing Vanilla.

Focus on playing good people and learning the fundamentals. That becomes key to getting any good.

EDIT: Since the "best Spiderman" isn't attending EVO I'll have to keep dreaming about that top 16. Oh wait, Justin Wong is going so nevermind.

TL?

Smash Ace
I'm officially registered for UFGT8 in UMVC3 and SCV as "Pat". I will be running Arthur/Morrigan/Strider and then Morrigan/Vergil/Strider when I start to lose lol. You peoples better cheer for me if I somehow manage to make it far enough to be on stream!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man..... akuma has some freakin crazy solo damage. just watched that honzo gonzo combo vid. great stuff. i can see why he has low health now lol. he's really a great character

DUB

Smash Lord
Chris G runs him on point with that Morrigan meter assist during the Demon Flip ground bounce. I get caught up in all Morrigans soul fist spam, I never realized how much meter you get from her assist = O. Akuma can pump out hypers all day. I'm not sure if Ammy or Frank's give comparible gain but I never really see anything but Shopping Cart and Cold Star from them.

TL?

Smash Ace
Chris G runs him on point with that Morrigan meter assist during the Demon Flip ground bounce. I get caught up in all Morrigans soul fist spam, I never realized how much meter you get from her assist = O. Akuma can pump out hypers all day. I'm not sure if Ammy or Frank's give comparible gain but I never really see anything but Shopping Cart and Cold Star from them.
Frank and Ammy give exactly as much meter but they stay vulnerable on screen for longer and they have useful other assists.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
ummmmmm.....

if a character is good on point, they make a great anchor

seriously, unless you're thor, ghost rider, hulk, tron, she hulk, or hsien-ko, you can be a good anchor

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
^Yeah I quess I worded that incorrectly.

My point is that if Akuma is supposed to be a point character then they did a poor job at that since he's still a great anchor.
they weren't trying to make him less of a good anchor
they were just trying to make players use him as more of a well rounded character like he was meant to be.

edit:
a friend of mine is going to be a judge at evo

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I am. :bee:

I registered as "Pat". They changed me to "Pat M". I'm in UMVC3 and SCV. Just call me Pat if you see me. Hopefully I'll beat some people with arthur.
Ask me for money matches or casuals.

Top Bottom