• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

sanchaz

Smash Lord
UFGT8 was hella hype. I learned so much in marvel and got to talk to j wong.

He's such a nice guy that's interested in being the best and not only does he want to win, but he wants to destroy you. We had some causals with his iron fist team. It was really funny because he was playing his iron fist team, and I was playing zero/dante/sentinel. I was yelling "I'm sorry" so much when just spamming sentinel and buster, we were both laughing our buts off.

I never got to money match Viscant, but his team is just terrible. We never played, but he admitted that if we played that he would try wesker/haggar/phoenix once, and then switch to one of his other teams. He's a great player, it's just that he hates not being to use other character's well.

Noel Brown scared me. We had a tight MM and he won 3-2. There's only so much you can block. I should of remember to grab his divekick too.

Mastacj is also pretty solid. I just wish I didn't drop my combo's. I'm pretty salty about that.

Oh yeah, I'm also the best in divekick by a far margin. Get on my level, :D. That infinity gauntlet is soooo godlike. The developers don't know what to do with the game. Hopefully it will b released for free with a donation link.

I'm going to get a better pad next time and do better next year.

If you guys have any questions about UFGT8, I'll be more than happy to answer.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Shoutouts to GunmasterLambardi, why arent you here trolling brightside for clearly being not that great at Spiderman.

Shoutouts to morrigan and touhou, best friends forever.

Shoutouts to shoutouts, they let you shoutout.

Shoutouts to Dieminion for stepping his game waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up. His Dr Strange came in and then it ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING! Our little boy is growing up, im so proud.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I am convinced if you play any variation of zone morrigan you are a filthy human being.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
why does no one use taskmaster properly against her?
it angers me.
with the proper use of shield skills and baiting you could easily get through the fireballs and either punish or lure the morrigan into thinking they're going to punish you
and then kill her

is anyone else noticing that this game always has a really big problem with a female? :awesome:

also, rare footage of bum at a tournament last night
big two was hype

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man

morrigan is not all zoning

pretty sure chris G tries to rush down any character who can fight her strict zoning strategy. he rushes down hawkeye, strange, and dorm. very hard. it's just that the rush down includes soul fists.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nooo hahahah. soul fist soul fist shell kick! soul fist shell kick!!! from mid screen

he does it, trust me!

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
The Problem is that Shadow clone soul fist is insanely safe. Like, even if you're playing a character who can properly punish soul fist, you have no options against the ones BEHIND you, which means you either have to be playing a character who can combo around them or you have to end your combo early as to not get hit.

Let's be completely honest here, 2D fighters were not made to handle attacks from both sides simultaneously. There's literally no character in the game who has an option to protect their backs, it just doesnt exist.

BSP

Smash Legend
Ryu is the only other one who can build meter while souped up right?

His power up is extremely short though.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
That's not exactly true.
how so?
her meter gain is based on the amount of damage she does, and mirror super is one of the only supers in the game that build meter for that character
the only other one i can think of that might is hsien-ko gold form
and i'm only saying that because i have no clue on hsien-ko, oh and maybe ryu's denjin form too

the problem with morrigan zoning is the fact that the super builds meter, if she didn't build meter in that form she'd be less of a threat

can taskmaster cancel shield into his counter(that to my recent surprise apparently counters projectiles)?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ryu, Jill, Phoenix, Firebrand, and Felicia have powerups that you can build meter in iirc. If you count level 3s, Firebrand again and also Arthur.
You guys can correct me if I'm wrong though since I could be. I haven't played much lately.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
The Problem is that Shadow clone soul fist is insanely safe. Like, even if you're playing a character who can properly punish soul fist, you have no options against the ones BEHIND you, which means you either have to be playing a character who can combo around them or you have to end your combo early as to not get hit.

Let's be completely honest here, 2D fighters were not made to handle attacks from both sides simultaneously. There's literally no character in the game who has an option to protect their backs, it just doesnt exist.
technically, lariat covers both sides

but covering projectiles.....yea, that **** is dumb

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If supers count, I suppose you can say Spiral Swords help cover both sides. Not that it really helps much. lol
do the supers that summon assists(lul summon supers) really count as power up supers though?
You're right, you could make that argument. My definition of power up supers was rather broad which was why I listed them. I guess I was pretty much trying to think of any super that was "passive". They are useful in a similar way though.

Hate me all you want, but I was hoping something like this would come along. It's like UMvC3's version of Spiral or Ouroboros lockdown with no answer yet. While I don't know if there will be a reliable counter for the strat yet, I don't think enough people are trying to make CP teams yet.

I'm also waiting to see if anyone will actually run a Zero/Morrigan/Doom team, but people probably won't
for awhile

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
If supers count, I suppose you can say Spiral Swords help cover both sides. Not that it really helps much. lol

You're right, you could make that argument. My definition of power up supers was rather broad which was why I listed them. I guess I was pretty much trying to think of any super that was "passive". They are useful in a similar way though.

Hate me all you want, but I was hoping something like this would come along. It's like UMvC3's version of Spiral or Ouroboros lockdown with no answer yet. While I don't know if there will be a reliable counter for the strat yet, I don't think enough people are trying to make CP teams yet.

I'm also waiting to see if anyone will actually run a Zero/Morrigan/Doom team, but people probably won't
for awhile
I can't wait till everyone has pocket skrulls ready. Meteor dives all day every day.

Also Acchi Kocchi is cute

TL?

Smash Ace
No one had any problems with AV building meter in vanilla, when meter build was higher. The funny thing to me is that all you people would still think morrigan was low tier if it wasn't for chris G. When will people realize it's the missles that are too good? Even morrigan+strider isn't nearly as good(definite 2nd though).

TL?

Smash Ace
I thought morrigan was amazing when I saw Dieminion using her.

And honestly standalone Morrigan isnt that great of a character, but with a team built around her she shoots right up to god tier.
But it's way more specific than just building a team around her. She's top tier only with doom missles. Meanwhile characters like zero are top tier with almost any good assist. Dieminion's morrigan is pretty boring too though. Watch JJJ or Omniscythe if you want to see the swag morrigan stuff.:bee:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Sup. I'm using Shuma/Dormammu/Nemesis team. My team lacks a solid assist so if I was to get one, Nemesis would be the one who has to go. Any recommendations? Shuma and Dormammu will be staying.
Also this is one of the gayest games ever.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I thought morrigan was amazing when I saw Dieminion using her.

And honestly standalone Morrigan isnt that great of a character, but with a team built around her she shoots right up to god tier.
Yeah that.

And the worst part is I pretty much always just turn off the stream when that garbage comes on.

I mean I'd rather watch my state get stereotyped through swamp people.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Sup. I'm using Shuma/Dormammu/Nemesis team. My team lacks a solid assist so if I was to get one, Nemesis would be the one who has to go. Any recommendations? Shuma and Dormammu will be staying.
Also this is one of the gayest games ever.
Shuma has a pretty ballin' assist with Mystic Ray. You could put Dormammu on anchor, Shuma on assist, and Nemesis on point. The big dude really likes Mystic Ray to help his fat *** get in and I'm pretty sure Dark Hole holds them in place long enough after a TK'd Rocket Launcher OTGs them for Nemmy to combo.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I am convinced if you play any variation of zone morrigan you are a filthy human being.
Changing my team to morrigan, zero, sentinel, or replace sentinel with doom. These teams are all about that neutral game.

I finally understand this expression. Hater's gonna hate.

Calling someone a "filthy human being" is another way of saying that their godlike.

Top Bottom