• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Turazrok

Smash Master
Changing my team to morrigan, zero, sentinel, or replace sentinel with doom. These teams are all about that neutral game.

I finally understand this expression. Hater's gonna hate.

Calling someone a "filthy human being" is another way of saying that their godlike.
Plays pikachu in 64 plays sheik in melee.

:awesome:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
As dumb as it sounds, Phoenix on point makes one hell of a Morrigan counter. TK Overdrive and Phoenix Rage just curb stomp her bullet hell shenanigans.

I'm also going to be making a video that shows why she's still S-tier. I'm just waiting on component cables.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Shuma has a pretty ballin' assist with Mystic Ray. You could put Dormammu on anchor, Shuma on assist, and Nemesis on point. The big dude really likes Mystic Ray to help his fat *** get in and I'm pretty sure Dark Hole holds them in place long enough after a TK'd Rocket Launcher OTGs them for Nemmy to combo.
That is kinda interesting, why didn't I think of that. I wouldn't even have to learn another character. I'll try to mess around with it.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Doesn't zero prefer doom's beam assist though?
Zero love's doom beam assist against specific matchup's. For example: sentinel drones. It also depends if they play rushdown or not. I believe hidden missiles are better, because if the missiles ever lock down an opponent, you just lost a character. Zero is going to teleport, or cross you up with lightning.

BTW!!!!!! Buster to lightning is not safe for zero people!!! Punish that shiz.

@serris: We know that phoenix is still godlike, but there's also vergil and strider that hard counter her.

Edit: Morrigan has 950k health??? WTF!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yea, joe and morrigan have 950k health which is really weird cause they are small characters

phoenix is still really good, it's just strider absolutely ***** her if he has 3+ bars and vergil is really dumb, while still having to worry about dorm, akuma, and hawkeyes shenanigans

buster and lightening are safe, zero never should throw those out there without an assist covering him, and even then, he can also hyper cancel into sogenmu which i'm pretty sure makes lightening safe (like wolverine cancelling beserker slash into beserker rage)

TL?

Smash Ace
As dumb as it sounds, Phoenix on point makes one hell of a Morrigan counter. TK Overdrive and Phoenix Rage just curb stomp her bullet hell shenanigans.

I'm also going to be making a video that shows why she's still S-tier. I'm just waiting on component cables.
As a morrigan player, Phoenix to me is about as threatning as Ghost Rider. :bee:

sanchaz

Smash Lord
yea, joe and morrigan have 950k health which is really weird cause they are small characters

phoenix is still really good, it's just strider absolutely ***** her if he has 3+ bars and vergil is really dumb, while still having to worry about dorm, akuma, and hawkeyes shenanigans

buster and lightening are safe, zero never should throw those out there without an assist covering him, and even then, he can also hyper cancel into sogenmu which i'm pretty sure makes lightening safe (like wolverine cancelling beserker slash into beserker rage)
I've known about this since vanilla, and I think everyone else is catching on. DJ Houshen (Yeah, I misspelled his name) and one of the best Michigan player's knew that and both killed me. You simply dash forward after the buster and spam crouching L to your death combo.

You can't cancel into sognmu, because of startup frames.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
meteor smash has to be timed so that the missiles are not above doom anymore, he's only vulnerable when he's on the way up or down

TL?

Smash Ace
Yeah there does seem to be a certain timing when the missles are up at the peak of their arc where skrull can avoid them through meteor smash.

PZ

Smash Lord
The ranking system is stupid. I am like one of the worst players so when I beat someone with 2-30 as a w/l record I expect to go nowhere but instead I become a 9th Lord right there<.<

Today I dropped done to a fighter then after losing to several people all day I face someone with 0-22 and win. I became a 9th Lord again...Derp

TL?

Smash Ace
The ranking system is stupid. I am like one of the worst players so when I beat someone with 2-30 as a w/l record I expect to go nowhere but instead I become a 9th Lord right there<.<

Today I dropped done to a fighter then after losing to several people all day I face someone with 0-22 and win. I became a 9th Lord again...Derp
9th lord is a very low rank. It's very generous with rank points when you have very few. It's not like online rank really means anything anyways.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So I finally got to play Umvc3 with people in person yesterday :D

Anyways I got onto the livestream on 8 on the break and got some friendlies in starting at 18:40 in the video. I got A LOT of matches in this video, I was on a winning streak.

http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun/b/320494909

I was playing Wesker/Chris/RR and I wanted to see what you guys think and if you could give me some critic. Because later on when the tournament started I got double eliminated which sucked =/

I don't know how to get better at this game lol.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

Numbers are backwards. Big numbers are low, low numbers are high, and then there's a bunch of "name" ranks.

9th lord is very close to the bottom, where say, 3rd lord is slightly higher.

Then you get "ranger" and all that ****.

I don't bother memorizing all of the ranks lol.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
The "name" of your rank is dependent on which of the five stats you're the most maxed in. (stability, basic/advanced offense/defense)

Stability = Lord, I can't remember the rest. I've switched between Lord and Ranger and was even Judge for a little bit.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Here is that Phoenix video I said I'd make. The editing is admittedly horrific, but it has a couple of nice tidbits of information. If only I could embed videos. :urg:

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
After watching RayRay play in FChamps weekly online tourney last night... I'ma have to go with Fanatiq.

EDIT: But I want Ray to win!!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Fchamp is very legit. I wish he'd stop losing randomly to randoms and other lesser-known players, tho'. Lol.

And RayRay is actually really freaking good. Don't that online play fool you.

Smooth Criminal

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
FrayFray.

Also did yall watch Andre vs. Unknown? I went back and I'm pretty sure they miscounted one of Andre's matches, which meant he would have won the MM.

Incoming drama.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
FrayFray.

Also did yall watch Andre vs. Unknown? I went back and I'm pretty sure they miscounted one of Andre's matches, which meant he would have won the MM.

Incoming drama.
Yeah, it was tweeted earlier and they found out. They already talked about it on the Salty Suite stream.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
rayray vs combofiend was the best set in such a long time. incredible hype
I honestly couldn't believe that match. Seriously this game has been out for about a year now and people are still calling assists vs X-factor lvl 3 chars. It literally makes no sense what so ever.

Top Bottom