• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Savon

Smash Ace
Can't get the timing for shehulks runners start relaunch. So frustrating. No matter how fast I try I just can't seem to get it right

:phone:

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Um, don't just mash S after you cancel the OTG into the down, down, S, S, S.

After you do the first down, down, S, you actually can't press S again immediately to cancel the runner's start: there's a slight delay. There *is* a timing you can do that allows you to just press S,S,S in a constant rhythm, but I've found it easier to do: down, down, S, *pause very slightly*, mash S. After canceling the runner's start, there's no delay, and you can go straight into launch. I was actually *just* learning this for the first time about 2 minutes ago :laugh:

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Down down S puts she hulk in the runner's start, forward causes her to start running, S cancels the run, then S does her launcher. But yeah, you can also do down, down, S, foward, S, S (which is actually necessary against some characters midscreen, depending on the spacing).

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Links.

I must have them.

Also yeah, that dude nailed how PW would play.
unfortunately leaker from gaf who perfectly described Vergil and Wright (who isn't Lupinko) said that RR is disappointing :(

He mentioned a special called "Bear Trap" that also works as an OTG assist and an assist where a log comes from the side of the screen and causes a wallbounce (this has got to be Groot's arm), but he hasn't gone into detail as far as I know. The mention of traps leads me to believe he won't be as reliant on guns as we thought.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csCZ7P4E524&feature=player_embedded

wow this is so sick... i never knew hsien ko had those relaunch combos... so good.

i'm gonna internalize and practice those next time i play

so after S.. j.M, i'm guessing L Henkyo Ki, j.L J.H s.M c.H

then after the slide she can do whatever.

ah man. gotta practice that juggle!!!!!

and i should use TAC into hsien ko gong loops more. ah man DAT TECH.

sigh and ultimate comes out in a month LOL. gonna guess hsien ko still has em though

cutter

Smash Champion
You had to commit to airdashes in MvC2 anyway. This isn't a new thing at all.

Also, changelogs have been going up on Capcom's site. They're getting slowly translated over on SRK and NeoGAF. Thor and Skrull are getting quite a few nice buffs. And Sentinel now has armored air attacks, that's AMAZING. :)

Seth also tweeted recently about Chun having an OTG that no one has found yet.

EDIT: Sent might not have armored air attacks. Could be a mistranslation according to NeoGAF...

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
You had to commit to airdashes in MvC2 anyway. This isn't a new thing at all.

Also, changelogs have been going up on Capcom's site. They're getting slowly translated over on SRK and NeoGAF. Thor and Skrull are getting quite a few nice buffs. And Sentinel now has armored air attacks, that's AMAZING. :)

Seth also tweeted recently about Chun having an OTG that no one has found yet.
If the armored moves are AirM and/or AirS, I will die happy.

also, I knew it wouldn't work in the slightest, but it's always fun to do, I used Chrome to translate the page and got this for She Hulk:

Number of hits up Reba Gacha: Criminal Laundry

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
If the armored moves are AirM and/or AirS, I will die happy.

also, I knew it wouldn't work in the slightest, but it's always fun to do, I used Chrome to translate the page and got this for She Hulk:

Number of hits up Reba Gacha: Criminal Laundry
I want to say that she's saying "gotcha", so its probably referring to an increase in the number of hits on one of her grab type things.... assuming "number of hits" is correct. /guessing

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anyone here interested in hosting a MvC3 tournament?
Well, I'm willing to host an MvC2 tourney. As for which console, it depends on which has more players to make it worthwhile.
I'm posting this here since no one really checks the MvC2 thread (nor plays MvC2...).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
- charging star hard knockdown... amazing.
- LMAO dead pool taunt cancel
- quick work -> chimichanga nice!
- wow doom time can be mashed
- gamma charge and incredible punch... more armored moves. ahhh hulk unstoppable hahaha.
for me -hm... x-23's midair specials cancel to talon attack? so that means crescent scythe and talon dive can now be canceled straight down at any time... ahh, pretty useful. now for the M talon dive, she can choose how far she goes rather than always go the whole length. ahhh thumbs up for more mobility!
- task cancelable web swing, nice!

ahhh i'll list more stuff i find notable later... but for me the only marvel characters i use are doom and 23 haha so i'm glad they both got buffs.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yeah they do, but apparently you can't do quite as many reps.

If sentinel got armor on even his air.m that would be disgusting.

Flight/land canceled m's would be amazing then.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

I don't understand how I can be getting these numbers but have absolutely horrendous connection quality in Arcade Edition and Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Hopefully, they tidy it up with Ultimate and Version 2012, respectively. I wish that they'd do a bit of engine optimization too. My PS3's having framerate issues with vanilla MvC3.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Your DL speed is kinda low compared to mine but your upload speed is way better (which is what matters for online play).
But yeah, pretty much all online fighters have a lot of input delay. That's why I mostly play MvC2 and 3S usually.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
3S is generally fine for me unless I play someone on the other coast or they changed the GGPO delay to something else. Then it's pretty bad.
As for MvC2, I decided to play it this weekend for some odd reason. Learning fly/unfly to infinites for fun since KoF and Ultimate won't be out for awhile.

On topic (kinda), I'm still waiting on that Assist Me vid with Ultradavid.

Top Bottom