• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

I don't understand how I can be getting these numbers but have absolutely horrendous connection quality in Arcade Edition and Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
I have found your problem.

My phone has a better download speed than you.

With 2 bars.

:phone:

TL?

Smash Ace
The no airdash blocking might end up making morrigan really bad. But it's too early to say, especcially considering capcom hasn't released their changelist on the capcom characters. There was a lot of stuff the community didnt know about prior to the marvel changelist, I'm sure the capcom list will have a lot of new info as well.

On the topic of hulk changes, he could be legitimately good in ultimate. I used him a lot in mvc3, and he's very one dimensional(block and zone and you win against hulk). Armored gamma charge and shorter charge times could really help him out.

L__

Smash Master
I'm probably playing more marvel when ultimate comes out

my secondary team is definitely having spidey fosho :D

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757

mood4food77

Smash Hero
has anybody ever played team noah with no idea how to play the characters but win anyway?
if you can't use wesker, you shouldn't be playing marvel (the only character easier to use than wesker is wolverine)

hulk and sentinel have hyper armor on their moves, which against bad players, is really easy to abuse

and since you have drones backing hulk up, you got an easy way for hulk to get in, just good luck against ammy (who completely ***** hulk and sentinel, she goes even with wesker)

and seriously, with wesker's gun shot, noah could've done a lot more damage with sentinel

cr. M, S, MHS, wesker assist, MHS, light rocket punch, HSF, medium rocket punch, Plasma Storm

this combo is so retardedly simple, it's laughable, and it one shots 900k health characters, adding more in front could probably make it kill 950k health characters but seriously, the chip from another HSF would finish them off

then you get the 2nd dumbest anchor character in the game with wesker

seriously, x/sentinel/wesker is a really dumb combo that you could throw anyone in front and make it work

so in conclusion, this game is way too dumb

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
To be honest the kid has a really solid Dorm so w/e. He's only 11 so people should cut him some slack lol.
Eleven? Christ on a cracker. MvC3 has a buncha mewling tykes in its playerbase! And they say Smash is the kiddy game... :troll:

I was wondering...what are your impressions of those matches with Chris G and F. Champ? Was it just nerves at certain points? Did they surprise you with some technology?

I guess I'm kinda asking for a Viscant-esque breakdown here. Lol. I like your playstyle in this game a lot, Brightside.

Smooth Criminal

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Then watch Flocker vs Viscant :3

Edit: Been thinking about some interesting reset's with Ghost Rider atm. Im gonna try them out once the game comes out and confirm they work. Also, I can't wait for Frank West Gameplay.
this brings up a question I have
are they going to release gameplay for RR and Frank west before the game release?
or will they just make us all wait till release or like the day before or something?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Eleven? Christ on a cracker. MvC3 has a buncha mewling tykes in its playerbase! And they say Smash is the kiddy game... :troll:

I was wondering...what are your impressions of those matches with Chris G and F. Champ? Was it just nerves at certain points? Did they surprise you with some technology?

I guess I'm kinda asking for a Viscant-esque breakdown here. Lol. I like your playstyle in this game a lot, Brightside.

Smooth Criminal
lol I'm not so full of myself to think I even have half the insight Viscant has. I'm not as analytical as him but I did make some observations.

As far as both players go no offense to Chris G but I think F.champ is a lot more solid. He's less prone to dropping combo's and his team is just better constructed in general. One thing that surprised me though is that Chris G actually teched my web ball -> air throw reset the first time I attempted it. I did that reset on F.champ, marlinpie, neo, etc none of them saw it the first time coming so Chris G must have some of the quickest reflexes I have ever seen.

While my nerves did play a part in my losses I won't blame them entirely. Especially against Chris G in the 4th and 5th matches I cracked badly. I started taking unnecessary risks and I lost my spidey in both matches pretty quickly because of careless spacing and lolsupers(why did I x-factor?). To make it even worse when my new characters came in I just started pressing buttons and he got free combo's on jump ins.

Against F.champ I honestly I felt like his Dorm wasn't that big of a threat. He's a little jumpy with his anti-airs and in the last few matches I just started doing empty zip lines and airdashes and he would anti-air on reaction. His magneto was the big problem I ran into. Honestly no one in the Chicago uses him so this was literally some of the first real match experience I've had against a competent magz. As far as phoenix went I overextended my spiderman to much. I should have DHC'd him out more to save for phoenix but I got greedy.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I wish the metro Boston area had an active tournament scene. It's really disappointing how few and far between the players are out here.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
New Assist Me vid was out earlier today for those who that haven't checked.
Less than 3 weeks until Ultimate's out. I can't wait to use Wright.

Top Bottom