• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Supposedly, Phoenix Wright is capable of 1,000,000+ damage by himself. Capcom can't seem to make a Marvel vs. Capcom 3 variant without having at least one OP Phoenix.

EDIT: Hey, Brightside. Next time you see Filipino Champ, ask if this is legit.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
So, I've been doing some thinking about Iron Fist...

They're claiming that his main issue will be the fact that he can't relaunch easily due to his launch hitting only while they're grounded; but I think Spencer can pretty much fix that since Iron Fist has a decent OTG option. That should ground them again for his special(s) string > relaunch. :X

There's gonna be so much to test when this game comes out. Hngggg...

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Well, that's a good way for him to relaunch. But you have to delay the S till they get dragged back.

Ghost Rider Full Screen Combo's will be tested. I also will test Heartless Spire Corner Pressure with assist and see how much chip it does.

I will also test what beats Nemesis's Hyper armor Super. I.e Ghost rider full screen command throw

Vlade

Social Outcast
As a Zero main I'm gonna really miss the hard knockdown after lvl3 buster but in exchange Zero is shaping up to have some new tools that could be really good. Going to be interesting playing around with the ability to cancel specials into lvl3 buster. I'm also looking forward to crossing up opponents with raikousen in the corner now, gonna be brutal.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah I don't think it was entirely necessary but I'm gonna take it anyway :D

Makes up for the fact that Zero can't mash his rekkoha for extra damage/hits when every other character can do it for at least one super

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Probably old news but Trishes Peekaboo assist alone can DHC Glitch itself LOL. Zero and Wesker buffs are delicious So Now Zero can do some good corner loops

Frank and RR getting revealed 31st of October.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Wesker buffs are delicious? Did he actually gain anything that really makes up for lack of gunshot hit confirms? Fullscreen hit confirms are kinda ridiculous >_>

Also, zero sounds pretty damn ridiculous... Buster cancellable specials... Oh god

:phone:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't particularly mind as long as the base damage for 'em was lowered to begin with. It'd be ******** if they hit as hard as they did in Vanilla and you could increase that even more. Everybody's health is so low, y'know?

Also, PTZR, this is for you. Found it on SRK. This is how Chris feels after his buffs:

Smooth Criminal

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757

Shin Kaizoku

Smash Journeyman
30k health buff for Zero. Pretty cool. That paired with cancellable specials into buster, he's gonna be a monster.

AND BUSTER CHARGES BEFORE THE MATCH NOW. YESSSSSS.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The problem is that zero doesnt have all that great of specials >_>
I dunno, Buster cancelling after OTG Sentsuizan and also Raikousen (especially if they kept it from the early builds where the lightning comes out but Zero doesn't move) will be helpful. Plus Buster cancelling after Hadangeki means better lockdown and even durability.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
hsien ko almost no changes, what the
She has new items... apparently they don't care about her mobility lol.

I'm liking the corner Raikousen being able to cross them up. So that means they'll have be careful since you can just trick them by doing Raikousen, Buster cancel, call assist, Hienkyaku/Raikousen. Tron changes make me sad (and not just the invincibility) :(

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
So Zero can, L (hold L), M, H, -> H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, S, Air QCFH, Buster Cancel, Air DPL, (Hold L), S, j.m, j.m, j.h, S, Air QCFH (JamSession Assist), Buster Cancel, to Genmu Zero. LOL

Vlade

Social Outcast
The problem is that zero doesnt have all that great of specials >_>
It's already been said but cancelling Raikousen and Hienkyaku (his lightning and teleports respectively) could result in strong mixups. For example, since raikousen crosses up in the corner in ultimate, if you condition your opponent to think you're gonna cross them up you could cancel the raikousen with buster to hit them on the same side. Teleporting behind and launching a 5 frame buster will be tough to block too.

So Zero can, L (hold L), M, H, -> H, S, j.m, j.m, j.h, S, Air QCFH, Buster Cancel, Air DPL, (Hold L), S, j.m, j.m, j.h, S, Air QCFH (JamSession Assist), Buster Cancel, to Genmu Zero. LOL
This should work.

I read somewhere a fair while ago that dante couldn't anti-air with the standard LMHS because the H didn't have a big enough vertical hitbox so you had to do LMS, but in the changelog that's just been released it says that only his L and M have had their hitboxes reduced so perhaps he can anti-air with LMH in the newer builds? I'm guessing the "increased knockback for all moves" and "adjusted hitstun time and float heights for all moves" still prevent the anti-air combo though.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I remember hearing that Sent had Nimrod colours and MODOK had Baby MODOK colours at Comic-Con, but never seeing it.

Figures they'd be the last ones shown.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Heh Haggar going to be GOOD. ^^

Also LOL at giving felicia an infinite unless they also fixed the hitstun on her kick.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ultimate's almost out. Pretty much got my serious team finalized.
Zero/Vergil/Doom is my best bet on using a team that can actually win and one that suits me.

I kinda want to use Viper instead of Doom, but I feel that Doom's assist is way too good to pass up on.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I still can't figure out what kinda team I'll be running in Ultimate.

...well, actually, I have an idea.

I know Dorm and Deadpool are going to be going on a team together but I can't think of a good character for an anchor/tertiary. I don't wanna just throw Wesker and/or MODOK in to rehash my Vanilla team...

Smooth Criminal

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Zero/Ammy/Wright

I'm not going to be serious enough to care if they work amazingly together.

I'm not even going to get this game right away anyways. :/

I want to try Strider though, since he was the only character I really wanted to play in my short time with MvC2.

Top Bottom