• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
capcoms reasons
I really don't care that megaman didn't make it. The only thing I find ridiculous about this is how he's saying they had the chance to bring in other character and in their infinite wisdom they bring in 3 DMC chars. One of which no one cares or remembers (lol Trish?). And another being a carbon copy of the main char but with a katana instead. Those slots could have been better spent on an Onimusha character or some of capcoms other franchises.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I disagree with Vergil. He ain't gonna be anything like Dante. But Trish? I agree. She was my least favorite characters, Idk how I could dislike a character more than She-Hulk and Zero but she did it for me lol.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Trish grew on me, once I played her I stopped caring about Vergil entirely, and even then I was just "meh" that he didn't make it in. Beyond that why would the leading lady and dueteroganist of the entire series be a "wasted slot" in comparison to one villain from one game? EDIT: Ok, Angelo, but he still pales in comp.

But mostly it's because you have ****ty tastes in character Twist :awesome:

Onimusha is too japanese, and then they'd have to give royalties to the actors for all the characters except for the last game

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Tatsunoko was too Japanese. And yet we got that. Your point is moot. lol

Lame excuse, Capcom. I can make an actual unique moveset for Mega Man or X and actually make it proper. They're just lazy.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Japanese stuff in TATSUNOKO vs Capcom? Imagine that.

Do it ******
I've actually tried to make a move set. I just can't think of his specials. Like it's such a broaden choice to make out of all his series.

I mean, Zero has an X costume, Arthur does what Megaman was suppose to do, plus real megabuster? why would megaman or x be in marvel then lol

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I, Niitsuma, hate you MM fan****. I need your tears to replenish my constant need for salt in order to live.

Love

Capcom

PS: MegaMan died.
As compensation of Legends 3 being cancelled, Capcom gave us another MML stage in UMvC3. lol

While I don't mind if he's in or not, I just find the random excuses from them entertaining.

Edit: Oh, and did anyone read that article saying that Ultimate is going to be focusing more on strategy rather than execution? I don't mind that, but if that's their goal, the damage kinda really hurts that.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Execution was already easy as **** in Vanilla, and no one without a good strategy for their team already got destroyed so I don't see where they're going with this.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I really don't care that megaman didn't make it. The only thing I find ridiculous about this is how he's saying they had the chance to bring in other character and in their infinite wisdom they bring in 3 DMC chars. One of which no one cares or remembers (lol Trish?). And another being a carbon copy of the main char but with a katana instead. Those slots could have been better spent on an Onimusha character or some of capcoms other franchises.
As MODOK says: "Cry for me!".

If you played DMC 3 SE, then you know Vergil's not a carbon copy of Dante. He's different from Dante, his moveset to his ideals. While I could care less for Trish, Vergil was one of the few characters I wanted in (along with PW, Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl).

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Can't be worse than me wanting Squirrel Girl in. Apprently, no one wants my vision to come into fruition. :glare:

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Welp, Jean Gray comeback mechanic, Hsien-Ko, I just don't feel the need of her tbh, Jill from Re5, Why when you have God, Chris, and Nemesis, Modok, Trolololololol? 10 more years at least get rid of one of them, Arthur. So he's a projectile user, he has no dash. I mean Taskmaster is obv the better him in terms of that category, X factor. Basically either a get out of punish free card or a reverse OCV.

Everyone else Im fine with.

Replace Trish with an Onimusha person.

cutter

Smash Champion
They nerfed she-hulks slide out the *** though so the AIRDASH does not bother me as much

:phone:
Didn't they also nerf She-Hulk's Torpedo so you can't relaunch after it too? If so, I'd say that's more than enough compensation for getting an airdash.

Oh, and while I'm late to the party, I wanted to say good **** to you Brightside. Your Spidey blows me away, especially since it looks like you have those anti-Dark Phoenix strats down pat.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Lack of Venom makes me sad, but Strider looks cool enough for me to get over it I guess. :X

Edit:

I wonder if Capcom is trying to throw MM away?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Hey if hes like a midhetized version of saki i'm cool with that. :D Just as long as hes not as slow and floaty as arthur. I swear man, that guy has an invisible parachute on him while he jumps. ._.

I hope he gets some kinda unblocka-ball bullet like her too. =p

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
They're not. They're just not interested in advertising MM since they're not really doing anything with it at the moment.
Stop white knighting Capcom you ****ing sheep you'll just buy Super Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Plus Alpha Arcade Edition Turbo EX, EVEN IF MEGAMAN WASNT IN IT!

On a more (less?) serious note, take it with a grain of salt. Sure Lupinko colleges on it being "about right" but wait for TGS.

I still want Rocket Raccoon to have AHVB. Dreams don't die ;_;

cutter

Smash Champion
Stop white knighting Capcom you ****ing sheep you'll just buy Super Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Plus Alpha Arcade Edition Turbo EX, EVEN IF MEGAMAN WASNT IN IT!

On a more (less?) serious note, take it with a grain of salt. Sure Lupinko colleges on it being "about right" but wait for TGS.

Marvel actually resurrected Cable pretty recently, so Marvel can no longer use the excuse of "We don't want dead or outdated characters in the game!"

(Fun fact: this is also why Eddie Brock Venom will never make it into the game, since he's currently Anti-Venom. Almost everyone who wants Venom back wants the Eddie Brock version over the current Flash Thompson version, but fail to realize Marvel will never approve of Eddie Brock Venom.)

I can seriously see a DLC pack of Cable and Mega Man. It would be like printing money for Capcom.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
D: And yeah, I'd probably buy it.
Yeah, I'm hoping he does. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing gameplay of him soon.

Also, I had the chance to play MvC3 again after a long hiatus. After getting so used to MvC2, I don't like 3 all that much as before. I'm hoping the new characters will get me interested in practicing Ultimate a lot though. I'm probably going to just find a new team anyways.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Marvel actually resurrected Cable pretty recently, so Marvel can no longer use the excuse of "We don't want dead or outdated characters in the game!"

(Fun fact: this is also why Eddie Brock Venom will never make it into the game, since he's currently Anti-Venom. Almost everyone who wants Venom back wants the Eddie Brock version over the current Flash Thompson version, but fail to realize Marvel will never approve of Eddie Brock Venom.)

I can seriously see a DLC pack of Cable and Mega Man. It would be like printing money for Capcom.
I know this, but I hate those versions of Venom tbh.

Scorp Venom looked odd as well.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
whatever happened to megaman universe?
I'm hoping vergil isn't a pure carbon copy of dante but at the same time is modeled after him in the sense of giving him a lot of moves and options etc etc.
basically I hope he's made like dante's brother :awesome:

capcom needs to stop making excuses about MM and just say "we didn't feel like ******s"

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
whatever happened to megaman universe?
I know, right? No one cared when that one was canceled because it didn't have animu graphics, a tsundere main character with Tron, Inafune's adventure gaming mary sue and had poor Zelda-esque gamepay and dungeons. Universe was just online classic Mega Man with tons of customization with user created levels, like LittleBigPlanet with the Mega Man lore. Where you could play as Arthur. **** Capcom.

http://www.newsarama.com/games/pax-2011-ultimate-marvel-capcom-3-110830.html

Keep hyping that RR

Savon

Smash Ace
You really are right. I don't give a **** about MM because I am a new school gamer and I never played his games, but Capcom should just nut up and be like "We just didn't ****ing feel like it"

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I know, right? No one cared when that one was canceled because it didn't have animu graphics, a tsundere main character with Tron, Inafune's adventure gaming mary sue and had poor Zelda-esque gamepay and dungeons. Universe was just online classic Mega Man with tons of customization with user created levels, like LittleBigPlanet with the Mega Man lore. Where you could play as Arthur. **** Capcom.

http://www.newsarama.com/games/pax-2011-ultimate-marvel-capcom-3-110830.html

Keep hyping that RR
I was hella sad when Universe got canceled. ****ing Bad Box Art Megaman, I WANTED that.

Top Bottom