• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
stop complaining about dormammu, he didn't get nerfed that bad

just use him on point and deal 750k with him, no big deal
>_>

Didn't I say I was still going to use him? And didn't I say that I don't think his changes nerfed him to the ground?

Reading comprehension for the ****ing win. It just sucks losing a couple of things is all. Not like I'm boycotting the character or the whole game based on those changes.

A **** load of people from sfl went to evo. So when they came back I heard a LOT of changes.

Wesker still good, striders broken, Dormammu is amazing get that **** out of here.
You need to learn how to read too, but to a lesser extent. :awesome:

Edit: How did Flash do in Marvel? I saw that he placed really high in AE. I didn't see him anywhere in Marvel, though.

Smooth Criminal

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Strider is broken eh?

He does have amazingly fast projectiles to cover the space both in front of and above him.

Then the orbs.

His teleport.

X-factor orbs will become the new Dark Phoenix.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Have they discussed adding more characters? I am really hoping they do, an I wish Brood Ryu awas an option. Too bad only 10% of the gaming community probably knows what Breath of Fire is. (Though they said they plan on reviving it)

I beat BoF2 a month ago for the 6th time, the final time. One of my favorite games ever<3.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i never said anything about not using him...

i just think people are overreacting to the nerfs he got, even though they're not really nerfs

flame carpet pushes people away...big deal, use a beam assist into chaotic flame after a flame carpet
disappears after dorm gets hit, not a big deal, probably warranted for how dumb the move was

that's about it, he can do more in the air now so he's definitely going to be a monster in ultimate

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Strider is broken eh?

He does have amazingly fast projectiles to cover the space both in front of and above him.

Then the orbs.

His teleport.

if orbs chipped i would agree with you

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Strider is broken eh?

Then the orbs.

His teleport.

Shut up

Have they discussed adding more characters? I am really hoping they do, an I wish Brood Ryu awas an option. Too bad only 10% of the gaming community probably knows what Breath of Fire is. (Though they said they plan on reviving it)

I beat BoF2 a month ago for the 6th time, the final time. One of my favorite games ever<3.
Niitsuma deconfirmed Ryu in vanilla because his name is Ryu.

i never said anything about not using him...

i just think people are overreacting to the nerfs he got, even though they're not really nerfs

flame carpet pushes people away...big deal, use a beam assist into chaotic flame after a flame carpet
disappears after dorm gets hit, not a big deal, probably warranted for how dumb the move was

that's about it, he can do more in the air now so he's definitely going to be a monster in ultimate
Shut up

Savon

Smash Ace
Go hard. Strider is one of those characters who just naturally will be good because of the nature of him as a character. Speed, agility, good combos, projectiles. He is gonna be good.

The Dormammu nerfs are only annoying to Dormammu players becAuse some of his signature abilities are being taken away from him. He was known as a chipping monster. Dark spells and air purifications are nice and all, but simply put I do not think they will do much for him for his playstyle. I could be wrong, but that is my interpretation

:phone:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i use dormammu, i admit that his lvl 3 XF chip stuff is really, really dumb

yes players should take chip damage, but a 1.1 million life character shouldn't lose 85% of his life on a forced switch-in and not be able to do anything about it

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Go hard. Strider is one of those characters who just naturally will be good because of the nature of him as a character. Speed, agility, good combos, projectiles. He is gonna be good.

The Dormammu nerfs are only annoying to Dormammu players becAuse some of his signature abilities are being taken away from him. He was known as a chipping monster. Dark spells and air purifications are nice and all, but simply put I do not think they will do much for him for his playstyle. I could be wrong, but that is my interpretation

You're saying Dorm players aren't mad that he's nerfed, they're mad because he's less fun to play as? That's how I think about it too. I hate when Capcom does that to my characters.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
if orbs chipped i would agree with you
what?
they don't do any chip damage whatsoever?
It seems like Strider has enough mixups for that not to be much of an issue anyway, Clockw0rk said something about mixup potential in using wall cling with orbs since wall cling looks good in the mvc3 universe

Savon

Smash Ace
Exacty etwist. That would be like
Making Arthur a rushdown char. Who cares if he is good if he is boring.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I was actually pretty against using Strider at first because I think his 3-D model is ugly. But after reading Evil Rashaans post about spidey's zip line nerf I might have to.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So is there a comprehensive list of the changes players found in Ultimate so far? Or are they still scattered within character forums?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
So, I've been reading up on the Phoenix nerfs. Her health has been reduced to 350,000, and apparently, she can't teleport after she throws a fireball. Way to go completely overboard, Capcom.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So, I've been reading up on the Phoenix nerfs. Her health has been reduced to 350,000, and apparently, she can't teleport after she throws a fireball. Way to go completely overboard, Capcom.
If that's true then they have gone WAY too far.

Also ETWIST, you shut up.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
We kept mentioning that way back. Guess you didn't realize what we meant when we said one action per jump.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
We kept mentioning that way back. Guess you didn't realize what we meant when we said one action per jump.
I thought you meant one fireball.

The inherent problem with nerfing Phoenix in Ultimate is that they've already added counters to the typical Phoenix team. She was already the most fragile character out of the entire cast and needed almost everything she had in order to stand alone below level 5. With these nerfs, not only is Capcom basically forcing everyone who plays her on point to anchor her, they're also crippling her for the very purpose they want you to use her for. Despite the addition of aerial X-Factor to negate death by chip damage on entry, the health nerf was excessive. With a universal counter in the team aerial exchange system and the limit of one action per jump, that's a totally unacceptable change. She needs some buffs to counter the health nerf:

1. Increase the speed of her flight. If the start-up time is being increased as rumors suggest, then she needs to be able to move quickly when it's executed. It will make using flight to teleport less dangerous, and give Phoenix a way to counter people who run the clock without giving her a significant advantage.
  2. Decrease the start-up time on her standing overhead. With her standard aerial mix-up gone, and a new emphasis placed on using her as a rush-style character, Phoenix is going to need more ways to get through an opponent's block.
  3. Decrease her hit stun deterioration. Dark Phoenix's damage is excessive, Phoenix's isn't. She's lucky if she can break 630,000 with one combo. Giving her better combo potential on hit confirm would give the health nerf some justification. If Phoenix is going to be made of Martha Stewart glass, she needs to make one hell of a boom. Since Dark Phoenix still stomps people without any significant effort, this change shouldn't be an issue.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Vanilla MvC3 is absolutely horrible. I'm sure you guys already know.

My Wesker comes in with a centimeter of health. I press four buttons and destroy this persons Akuma Dante Ammy in 10 seconds.

There was literally nothing he could do.

Savon

Smash Ace
Nice troll brightside. Who knew it was that simple. Just block right. If that is the case why do people even get hit? Come on man get the **** out of here with that ****

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
With these nerfs, not only is Capcom basically forcing everyone who plays her on point to anchor her
This is literally just you. Keep in mind the 10s of people who lead with phoenix dont make up for the thousands who anchor Dark Phoenix. And until lvl 3 X Factor Dark Phoenix isnt the most lolbroke thing in the game why would they ever buff normal phoenix?

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Get at you?

He gets to GF in tournies.

I don't think he has to say anything lmao.

Skill speaks for itself.
So I approach you and you block everything. I still have options to keep laying down the pressure.

And if you mean GF by running D. Pheonix and (insert 2 more characters here) then skill has slightly less to do with it.

I'm staring at you Viscant.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Brightside plays Spidey/Dorm/Wesker bro.

And you're point? 85% of people are still bad at blocking. Honestly, blocking is just as important as knowing how to keep the pressure. And your pressure ain't gonna be full proof, you're gonna have holes in your game. Just wait and punish.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Then I teleport away and chip you out with Samurai Edge.

Get at me.
Then I just jump over the gunshots. If you want I can help you with the Spidey vs Wesker matchup since I know it fairly well.

Nice troll brightside. Who knew it was that simple. Just block right. If that is the case why do people even get hit? Come on man get the **** out of here with that ****

Yes it is that simple. Either counter with your own X-factor or run away. If you are getting crossed up by a solo wesker then you don't know how to block. The only thing you got to be wary of is the command grab and it becomes extremely predictable if you know that's the only way he can open you up.

If you guys are consistently losing to solo X-factor level 3 chars against your whole team there is more to blame then just X-factor.

DLO

Smash Journeyman

My Wesker comes in with a centimeter of health. I press four buttons and destroy this persons Akuma Dante Ammy in 10 seconds.

>X-factor
>Advance Guard
There. Two things he could do.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
You have to land on the ground eventually. I can shoot or go for a grab then followup with Wesker shenanigans.

Spiderman/Ammy/Wesker. Try it.
Gunshots are slow by the time I land on the ground Wesker will just be ending his recovery frames. Just keep moving back towards the wall then use Spidey's ridiculous mobility to fly past Wesker. Rinse and repeat until X-factor is done. Worst case scenario you lose spidey but waste a large portion of the X-factor time.

Also Spidey can either crouch or web throw under gunshots so at certain distances you can just grab wesker out of gunshots or know the range of teleports and react with a low on the ground or s.S that **** out of the sky. Spidey's hit box on his S is borderline ******** so use that as his universal anti-air. Wesker's mobility is fairly limited without a good assist so movement becomes a big issue for him in solo situations.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
c. M also has a hitbox that dominates moves like Dive Kick. Alright.

Now let's flip the scenario. I have a health lead and I'm running from your solo lv.3 Spiderman.

inb4teleportsheninigans

EDIT: Super jump > Samurai Edge > Teleport M > Samurai Edge > Teleport H

Rinse and repeat until you decide to get at me.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Slow super, then DHC to Devil Trigger. Spam his two DT moves, done (those moves can't be AG'ed). DT is over? Then super jump Air Play/Rain Storm. Hammer if Wesker gets near.

Top Bottom