• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

cutter

Smash Champion
I'll be one of those who won't be touching Dante at all lol. I'm looking at Mags/Doom/Dorm, or Mags/Thanos/Doom if Thanos makes it in.

I like how Dante has a fullscreen Super that otgs and does stupid damage.
Am I missing something here?

- Million Dollar doesn't OTG.
- Devil Trigger is a utility super.
- His level 3 doesn't OTG (or does it?) and it definitely is not full screen reach.

cutter

Smash Champion
Yeah basically, I'm not too worried about Dante becoming a top tier character. He's definitely above average and far more of his potential will be tapped into once people start using more of his moves, but he's not someone like Trish who has a runaway game reminiscent of Storm or Dorm who has full-screen zoning capabilities.

Anyone know when new characters will be revealed? It's been almost a month now since NYCC, and I remember Capcom saying they would reveal AT LEAST two characters per month up until the game's release.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anyone know when new characters will be revealed? It's been almost a month now since NYCC, and I remember Capcom saying they would reveal AT LEAST two characters per month up until the game's release.
Hopefully this weekend for SoCal Regionals they will... At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

Also, they announced an MvC3 art contest for the US. New York and Florida can't enter for some odd reason.
My art skills aren't good enough, but if I can't come up with something cool, I'll submit one. I doubt it though.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
They are having a MvC3 build available at SoCal Regionals, so they may make an announcement then too.

I hope the build they have is the one with Magneto/Modok/Arthur/Spencer/Tron/Wesker/Spiderman/X-23/etc. instead of the old build they had at Atlanta Fight Club.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll be going to SCR since I'm only an hour away. If it's only available to people that are entering SCR tourneys, then I guess I'm out of luck after driving out over there. I want to use Spidey and Tron, so hopefully they'll have that build.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I was being ironic.

but MvC3 is scheduled to appear tomorrow at Socal Regionals.
Canada Cup is next week. (Mago's gonna be there)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
No new reveals and no new build. The game was awesome though.
I played 3 games. 1st match I used Joe, Ammy, and Iron Man. Next two I switched Iron Man for Doom.

I only won my last match. Almost had another win but X Factor helped the opponent heal just enough as the timer ran out.

Edit: Oh, for anyone that was wondering, Seth told me that the pixel rage is an intentional feature and isn't going away.
I assume it's there for X Factor healing purposes.

cutter

Smash Champion
Edit: Oh, for anyone that was wondering, Seth told me that the pixel rage is an intentional feature and isn't going away.
I assume it's there for X Factor healing purposes.
I actually think pixel rage is designed to give the player a "final chance" after getting hit by what would have been a fatal combo.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Pixel rage sounds annoying, but once you play it, it's not so bad.
Yeah they could've done without, but oh well.
It just gives the player a chance to make a comeback by either switching or activating X Factor.

And I noticed my first match was uploaded on SRK's front page (video 14/16).

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol 2:10 Cable has no legs.

When and where is that video from? I'm pretty sure Justin hasn't played Cable in like 6+ years.

@ Minato - I'm guessing you were Joe/Ammy/IM?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
@ Minato - I'm guessing you were Joe/Ammy/IM?
Yeah. I wasn't used to the button layout, so you can see me do random jump C's when I meant for an assist. lol
I was sad I missed the OTG Red Hot Kick which could've gone into Six Machine Cannon.

Maybe they'll have my other two matches up, but I didn't do all that well.

kr3wman

Smash Master
lol 2:10 Cable has no legs.

When and where is that video from? I'm pretty sure Justin hasn't played Cable in like 6+ years.
Yup during those viper beams including the super his legs and back have no hitbox.

Pretty sure it's 5-6 years old and was reuploaded.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I hope they don't actually. There doesn't seem to be much else that's making Hulk viable with his terrible mobility and huge hitbox. Hulk needs ridiculous damage to be good in a VS game since it's just about all he has.

There's also a lot of factors into this 100% specifically that we don't know, like how much X-Factor increases damage, how much health Deadpool has in comparison to the rest of the cast, etc.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Actually I wouldn't be surprised if many characters can do 100% with 2 bars and KFC. This is a game which is supposed to be over the top action, this is mahvel, baby!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
It shouldn't be a big deal. If Meta Knight Dante can have 40 specials then Ganondorf the Hulk should have a 100% combo.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Funny you mention Dante.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgVNQlZPtGY&feature=player_embedded

Apparently this is corner-only, but Dante's bnb (ground series -> launch -> air series -> Belial Edge -> relaunch -> another air series -> that fire move) pretty much carries them to the corner anyway.

God **** X-Factor is good. It must like completely reset the combo counter or something.

EDIT: So apparently X-Factor can only be used once a match, so you'll need to pick and choose when you're going to use your one-touch kill. However, Dante can DHC into Trish for a combo that does almost as much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Hx38Oj2-Q&feature=player_embedded
That's 90%, welcome to USA *****.

Dante/Trish/filler is probably going to be the new one-touch kill team.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I LOVE ME SOME GUNS.

But seriously, I love Deadpool. Maybe even a little too much(sig and avvy much? lol).

I really want to use Amaterasu though, she looks really rush down and her assist with shooting the ice looks like it's pretty good. Also think I'll be using Deadpool and maybe Dormammu....

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Don't think Hulk's gonna be able to pull that off reliably at all considering conditions that need to be met. (In corner behind you, still have X Factor and 2 meter.) Dante looks like a pest though. Can't base a whole team off of 100% combos though if it's involving KFC at least. what am i talking about im not a competitive player

Also taking out I love me some guns was unjustified. sumone goin' get snikt'd

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Don't think Hulk's gonna be able to pull that off reliably at all considering conditions that need to be met. (In corner behind you, still have X Factor and 2 meter.) Dante looks like a pest though. Can't base a whole team off of 100% combos though if it's involving KFC at least. what am i talking about im not a competitive player

Also taking out I love me some guns was unjustified. sumone goin' get snikt'd
I've heard they put that line back in.

Same with the BANG BANG from the gun super hahaha.

I've heard really good things about Dante, and there's a lot of people using him. One character I'd like to see more of and know more about though is definitely MODOK. Looks quite interesting.

Also, is there any channel i should be subscribed to on youtube for the newest updates and videos? I know SRK also posts MvC3 stuff on their homepage but just wondering...

Top Bottom