• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I love X-factor. It's a great way to give the person who's down to their last character a realistic chance of a comeback. One of the things that I never really liked too much about MvC2 was the fact that once you got down to your last character, your chances of winning greatly went down the drain because you obviously can't use assists anymore. X-factor fixes this problem, but at the same time it's not solely just for comeback purposes.

Let's be honest, how many comebacks have we seen in MvC2 games? And no, Justin Wong beating Yipes doesn't count.
Why should these comeback mechanics even exist? If you allowed yourself to fall behind so fast and so badly isn't it only fair to the other player who put you there that you naturally have a harder time coming back? Screw rubberband catchup mechanics.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I love X-factor. It's a great way to give the person who's down to their last character a realistic chance of a comeback. One of the things that I never really liked too much about MvC2 was the fact that once you got down to your last character, your chances of winning greatly went down the drain because you obviously can't use assists anymore. X-factor fixes this problem, but at the same time it's not solely just for comeback purposes.

Let's be honest, how many comebacks have we seen in MvC2 games? And no, Justin Wong beating Yipes doesn't count.
I know what you mean, but you must remember that your opponent also has an X-Factor! If you're down to your last character, they can just as easily use their X-Factor on your last character! This actually makes it tricky, not easy, to come back from the match because not only are you up against their X-Factor, but you can still be up against their three characters!

Also, you'd be surprise how many close come backs there have been in MvC2! Usually, someone messes up on the guard break or drops a combo when they are coming back!

But if you're still looking for a come back then match 2 . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynBO2rpkdS4&feature=channel

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I know what you mean, but you must remember that your opponent also has an X-Factor! If you're down to your last character, they can just as easily use their X-Factor on your last character! This actually makes it tricky, not easy, to come back from the match because not only are you up against their X-Factor, but you can still be up against their three characters!
Do remember that using X-Factor with only one character left will give you more damage and will last significantly longer.
I think X Factor is good since it can be used for comebacks, but it doesn't let you pull some BS out of nowhere and hold your hand until you're about to win since the opponent can activate his anytime as well.

Plus you can either choose to use it defensively to just heal or see if you can sneak a hit in so you can cancel from an attack/super.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Do remember that using X-Factor with only one character left will give you more damage and will last significantly longer.
I think X Factor is good since it can be used for comebacks, but it doesn't let you pull some BS out of nowhere and hold your hand until you're about to win.

Oh yes, I do remember! However, getting the right opportunity to use it with only one character left is not gonna be easy!

cutter

Smash Champion
Why should these comeback mechanics even exist? If you allowed yourself to fall behind so fast and so badly isn't it only fair to the other player who put you there that you naturally have a harder time coming back? Screw rubberband catchup mechanics.
X-factor scales proportionally to how many characters you have left, but if you're going to put the mechanic in the same league as something blatantly "anti-slippery slope" as the blue shell in Mario Kart, then you're crazy. X-factor can be blown early to continue an offensive (i.e., NOT for comeback purposes), but then you sacrifice not having it later on. Or you can risk saving X-factor later for a potential comeback, but you may not get a chance to use it.

It will be a fun skill-tester. Using it for comebacks is only scratching the surface of the mechanic.

EDIT: LOL I find it hilarious you actually read my post given your sig :colorful:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just got back from playing MvC3 at the Fight Club. I did much better and only lost one match.
I tried testing some fun combos but I couldn't get some to work right.

Plus I was super tired once I got in, so I wasn't satisfied with my game.
My friend recorded all my matches so I'll upload it once he gives them to me.

I did some Felicia and Doom. Felicia's good but I had some difficulties landing some stuff.
I mostly went Deadpool/Iron Man/Chun Li.

My friend used Dante/Deadpool/Morrigan like he did at the other events and did amazing as usual.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I find both Hulk and Thor underrated. Hulk's pretty dangerous when he has 2 meters and X-Factor since that's a 100 percent combo right there.
I think Thor can be good. He has good supers and specials. It's just that no one wants to use him.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
he looks like crap. CRAP. Only char that looks like more crap is thor.
As someone who has played, Hulk is finally as beastly as he should be. Super armor is gone, but he still has it on E, and is pretty much invulnerable from all physical attacks during it. The second Hulk hits you with that, you pretty much need to say bye to half of your life, and this isn't including changes.

I wouldn't say Thor has particularly good specials beyond Mighty Smash, and his Tornado super is good, but we're gonna need extensive theory fighter focusing on Thor himself before finding out how to make him good.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I should have guessed you switched in Anakaris.

Did you always use Cyclops too? Or was it just a random AA assist?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah it was always cyclops. I got the team from a japanese player who played the same but IM got boringggg so i quit him, and then i come to find out my fav darkstalker works well with sim and cykes, so its pretty much ment to be. I still play MSP when i want to tho.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Cool.

I never really ever saw Anarakis play before. So he's mostly about running away and building that meter like Storm?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Nah anakaris just rushes down in his float mode while throwing out AAAs hoping you hit something and when you do you hit confirm into the curse AAA infinite. Thats basically all there is to Anak. His snap back inf is useful to but i cant do it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
In one of the vids he looked like he could do a snapback into an unblockable. That's pretty cool.

I gotta say though, I kind of question his Cyclops. He used the punch super a lot more than the kick one. Can someone explain to me why? It seems like the kick super is almost strictly better outside of combos (and sometimes inside combos).

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah idk. There hyper optic blast should only be used in combos, some DHCs, and for chipping people out. The controllable one has more uses tho. Like, its easier to combo into and lock people down with.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Atlus8

Smash Master

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I should make a fake twitter account and spread speculation on MvC3 and see if anyone takes it seriously.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If it's true that Mega Man isn't in, that sucks. If they really thought that he brought nothing new, I guess that's true if they didn't want to bother redesigning him. Characters that I'll be interested in forming a team with are Hsien Ko, Spidey, Zero, Tron, Iron Man, Deadpool, and Mags.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
In what may or may not be a coincidence, this is pretty much what Lupinko said. Overall, if true, I am content for the most part, but I do wish Shuma and Frank were on the disc. As for Mega Man, Arthur is Mega Man on steroids. I do love Mega Man, but I also love Ghouls n Ghosts, so it's not too bad. Now maybe the Hand's stage is for Taskmaster and Akuma?

Hopefully if there are more DLC characters, they are the ones that were dropped from development late, like Ghost Rider or Emma Frost.

As for characters, I will need more time to do some theory fighter, but the first characters I really want to play are M.O.D.O.K., Lei-Lei, and Sent.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
=( I really wanted Venom or Carnage (I know they are not being added), but still.. :/

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yeah, I'd think Carnage/Venom (I like both, like a lot) should be a stapple but whatever. Out of all of Marvel's villians they are pretty pro.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
While I like both Mega Man and Tron Bonne, I'd take Tron over him because of diversity.

I find it funny how a lot of people aren't interested in Spencer. It's Capcom's fault for using the wrong one.
If they used his Rearmed look, I'm sure people would love putting him in a team.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
If Sentinel comes back the first team I'm going to start off using will definitely be Magneto/Storm/Sentinel.

After that I'll probably actually be serious and use something like Zero/Ammy/Another

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Zero looks neat, it makes me want to go buy Megaman, as I've played none of them lol.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I find it funny how a lot of people aren't interested in Spencer. It's Capcom's fault for using the wrong one.
If they used his Rearmed look, I'm sure people would love putting him in a team.
Using the Rearmed look would have helped, but not as much as it would seem! Bionic Commando didn't have as big of an impact as Ghost 'n Goblins, Darkstalkers, Okami etc. I wish Samanosuke would have made it in, but with his different elemental uses he would be too much for the systems RAM!

kr3wman

Smash Master
Using the Rearmed look would have helped, but not as much as it would seem! Bionic Commando didn't have as big of an impact as Ghost 'n Goblins, Darkstalkers, Okami etc. I wish Samanosuke would have made it in, but with his different elemental uses he would be too much for the systems RAM!
Pretty sure bionic commando is known by more people than darkstalkers and oka...

Bionic Commando didn't have as big of an impact as Ghost 'n Goblins, Darkstalkers, Okami etc.
...!

omg

Top Bottom