• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't think he was using the period to end a sentence though, so it doesn't count.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I know, how Carnage has yet to be in one of these is just mind-boggling.
I personally never understood Carnage's appeal for this game. Venom has a longer history with both Spider-Man and the MvC series, he's more recognizable, arguably more popular, and I don't follow comic books but as far as I know they share a lot of powers (you can correct me on this if I'm wrong; I admit to not being extremely well versed with the subject). Furthermore, I can think of several Spider-Man villains that could probably bring more to the table with MvC.

On a completely different note, it is going to be ****ing disappointing if Mega Man is not in this game. Actually, Lupinko's roster as a whole is very... underwhelming.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Hsien-Ko wouldn't be disappointing to me neccesarily but....didn't they say there weren't going to be any other Darkstalkers characters?

If that's true and Hsien-Ko isn't in then I wonder who else we could expect...

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The roster is AMAZINGGG for competitive play but for everyone else i can see whyd you say its meh.

Edit: Lei Lei technically isnt a darkstalker, shes a darkhunter. I think thats why shes in. Through some loophole.

cutter

Smash Champion
Hsien-Ko wouldn't be disappointing to me neccesarily but....didn't they say there weren't going to be any other Darkstalkers characters?

If that's true and Hsien-Ko isn't in then I wonder who else we could expect...
The roster is AMAZINGGG for competitive play but for everyone else i can see whyd you say its meh.

Edit: Lei Lei technically isnt a darkstalker, shes a darkhunter. I think thats why shes in. Through some loophole.
Actually... not really. If you read what Niitsuma said, he did NOT say that there would be any more Darkstalkers characters after Morrigan and Felicia:

Darkstalkers series - It is important to consider worldwide appeal. Although I did want to include more characters from this series, the development schedule did not permit this. Jon Talbain would have been my pick.
Read it carefully, then read it again. This is not a 100% confirmation that Morrigan and Felicia are the only Darkstalkers characters in the game. Niitsuma mentioned that he wanted even more Darkstalkers in the game (maybe even as many as X-Men characters as we have so far), but they just didn't have the time for more Darkstalkers characters aside from the ones they already put into the game. This includes the still-yet-to-be-revealed Hsien-Ko.

Lupinko's list is legit. The fact that he nailed Shuma-Gorath and Jill as DLC characters, as well as being 100% correct that C. Viper has a focus attack and EX moves that use meter pretty much seals it. There is no ****ing way someone is able to just "guess" something like that. He has inside information on the game.

On a completely different note, it is going to be ****ing disappointing if Mega Man is not in this game. Actually, Lupinko's roster as a whole is very... underwhelming.
I am fully expecting Megaman to be DLC.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
From what I heard it was like 5 or 6 days, which really isn't that much and doesn't give his list "instant OMGWTF super-credibility" just because.

cutter

Smash Champion
From what I heard it was like 5 or 6 days, which really isn't that much and doesn't give his list "instant OMGWTF super-credibility" just because.
Have you seen other leaked lists that have turned out to be totally wrong? (i.e., the one with Emma Frost and Mr. Fantastic and the other list that had Strider in it) It is blatantly obvious that those lists were just complete guesses based on popular character requests mixed in with some obscurity to at least attempt to make them look legit.

Not only that, said wrong leaked lists were just a character roster, and did not have any character-specific gameplay. Lupinko has so far been right on the money on what characters have been able to do so far, with C. Viper and her focus attack/EX moves.

Once again, there's no way someone can just "guess" that Jill and Shuma would be DLC characters. The odds of that happening are astronomical.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Lupinko has so far been right on the money on what characters have been able to do so far, with C. Viper and her focus attack/EX moves.

Once again, there's no way someone can just "guess" that Jill and Shuma would be DLC characters. The odds of that happening are astronomical.
Where did he say that stuff about C.Viper?!

I want to think the list is true, but I just keep thinking that some GameStop associate might have had a peek at incoming shipment info!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I actually HAVE seen other leaked lists that had different non-just character properties. Hell, there was one saying Megaman was in and could actually steal powers to some extent, and another with some non-Felicia/Morrigan/Hsien-Ko Darkstalkers in it, so yeah...

cutter

Smash Champion
Where did he say that stuff about C.Viper?!

I want to think the list is true, but I just keep thinking that some GameStop associate might have had a peek at incoming shipment info!
Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24429354&postcount=815

Note that the post was made on November 17th.

I actually HAVE seen other leaked lists that had different non-just character properties. Hell, there was one saying Megaman was in and could actually steal powers to some extent, and another with some non-Felicia/Morrigan/Hsien-Ko Darkstalkers in it, so yeah...
Probably, but the two "big" leaked rosters that were proven wrong (the Emma Frost/Mr. Fantastic one all the way back in the summer and the one with Strider about a month ago) were just character rosters and nothing more.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Those were my thoughts exactly on the GS stuff when Jill and Shuma were announced.
That leaked list looks like it is pretty legit now though after the C. Viper stuff.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
And the second dude crediblility will be all or nothing this weekend. If Lei Lei and And phoenex get announced then hes probably right.

It can still be an educated guess, they're both pretty popular in Japan (Darkstlakers being way more popular over there, Lei-Lei has been the third most popular world wide since her debut, and X-Women are just as popular as Cyclops, Wolverine, etc.), but if Phoenix PLAYS like Lupinko and this guy are saying, then this is another confirmation. Then if Sent is in and Haggar plays like they say, I'll pretty much concede.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I cant see anyone guess phoenix. Shes not even liked that much (from what ive seen on SRK) as a character and she has nothing to do with Lei lei. But w/e idc i just wanna see lei lei and haggar.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
meant pair them together from Lupinko's roster, he adds very little to what we know beyond what Lupinko has already said, ergo the educated guess

cutter

Smash Champion
I think the reason we'll see Lei-Lei and Phoenix revealed this weekend (if that holds true) is because Capcom will be saving the Haggar and Sentinel reveals for January where they'll be much more well-received by Americans. As hemightbegiant already said, Darkstalkers is considerably more popular in Japan, so it all pans out. At least on paper.

All of a sudden though, I'm so jacked up to see the Sentinel trailer. I have a big feeling there's gonna many more haters and much more saltiness than compared to MODOK's reveal. I can already see the Youtube comments and Unity boards *****ing about Sent incessantly. And it will be glorious to see it unfold. <3333

EDIT: The fact that guy's Twitter account got suspended pretty much telegraphs that what he leaked was true. The same exact **** happened with the SSFIV leaks.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
marvelously
I see what you did there.

SO I JUST HEARD A NEW RUMOR GUYS IDK IF IT'S LEGIT OR NOT BUT I HEARD IT FROM SOME GUYS TWITTER WHOSE COUSIN SUPPOSEDLY KNOWS A GUY WHO WORKS FOR CAPCOM SO I THINK IT MIGHT BE LEGIT SO HE SAID THAT THE XBOX360 VERSION IS GOING TO SHIP ON A DVD ROM BUT THE PS3 VERSION IS GOING TO SHIP ON A BLU-RAY DISC SO THERE'S SOME CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE STUFF THERE WHOAMG GAIZ MY MIND IS BLOWN

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I went OH SHI- when Arthur's torch came offscreen to hit Magz, and Viper obtaining the documents at the end, but beyond that nothing really happened.

We have better videos coming along ;)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
We have better videos coming along ;)
Sounds like we have ourselves a leaker. lol

But yeah, the episode trailer was just ok. It was nice seeing Magneto. He looked all detailed and cool.
He also didn't get his butt kicked like on the gameplay videos.

Is there any trailer with zero in it yet?
Nope. He hasn't been in an episode trailer.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
This is more of a plot trailer, Wesker has the T-Virus in this world and Magneto takes it away, don't know if Magneto is a villain or not yet, Viper has some of Wesker's documents, starts speculation, etc.

Zero, She-Hulk, Storm, Thor, Spencer, Spider-Man (we've seen that small clip at TGS) and Felicia (Niitsuma provided reasonable explanation) are the only characters not yet in a trailer. Well, in addition to unrevealed characters.

EDIT: Oh my god
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5238/lolarthur.jpg

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
No one had seen him block before, and he's honestly a really gimmicky character. Out of all the characters in the game, it wouldn't be that farfetched for him to not be able to block.

I mean, he's a Mental Organism Desgined Only for Killing, right? Not designed for blocking :dazwa:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Poor Chris xD

I am a bit a confused on how canceling works in this game. In MvC1 and 2 you could cancel normals into specials or supers at any time, but in TvC you could only cancel in the middle of a combo. Which one is MvC3's system closer to?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
http://twitter.com/JL_SqdSuprm

In case anybody saw this guy, leaks are fake. Go home.
The guy who was an obvious troll who contradicted himself more than once, yeah.

After these new leaks and comments by people and responses from Capcom, all of this reminds me of when Zero and Joe the Condor were revealed for TvC after the leak. Capcom said they were the last characters and S-Kill personally said that Yatterman-2 was not in the game, and sure enough she was. We just need to wait and see if Lupinko was right now. I would definitely be happy to see Frank West.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
See, this is why I don't believe anything anyone ever says about upcoming games ever unless it's in trailer form.

Top Bottom