• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I've kind of stopped really caring about SRK with how utterly elitist they've been from what I noticed. Not a very newbie friendly or constructive way to expand scenes.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
SRK is full of elitist *******s and scrubs from unity. But the *******s have always been there so idc about them (plus im basically one of them) and the scrubs get flamed for being ******** in no time because they should just take their *** back to unity.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
nahhhh smash doesnt **** on new people nearly as bad. We troll them while srk flames them. But in smash scrubs and noobs normally quit so wgaf.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I kinda suck at Brawl and Melee and kinda reached the point of not being able to get better so that IS part of why I stopped playing it seriously, lol.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
i would jut say theyre all scrubs. They act like stupid little *****es that are ignorant of what theyre *****ing about, which is why i hate scrubs.
Seriously.
You see a Character Request Thread! Cool, now i can see what people want in, even idiot ideas can be cool sometimes!!!!
Oh, an user requesting Megaman X! Cool!

*two pages after that*

Oh, the same user requesting X again.

This, for 7900 pages. Seriously, shut the hell up, we ****ing know what you want after 7000+ pages.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I prefer DHCing to tag in new characters rather than tagging them out the old fashioned way anyway. The chances of there not being a ton of **** on screen that makes it safe for you to tag in someone is very low anyway.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
From what I got to play, not really that close. Biggest differences being the obvious third character, and the lack of mega crash and baroque and assists are more important.

edit: didn't say anything about mvc2 because the only notable differences I know are the number of buttons and a launcher button. Not really sure about much else.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Holding down Assist isn't too bad. Although it does take away raw tagging as a strategy to turn things around.
A problem for me in MvC3 is that you can't really follow up if your tag in hits the opponent.:(

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Although it does take away raw tagging as a strategy to turn things around.
Again, I really don't remember that being a viable strategy in MvC2.

Then why are you even in this thread if you think the game's dumb and pointless?
He's not talking about the game itself, he's just talking about the tagging out mechanics.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, i was talking about how its literally pointless to not put in the much better tagging system from mvc2. Its like they just keep it in just because they dont wanna seem wrong.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Again, I really don't remember that being a viable strategy in MvC2.
Well, raw tagging shouldn't be done all the time to begin with. But it can help at times.
It's just one of those situational things that can help out some lower tier characters due to being open after DHCs or Alpha Counters.
But you're right since generally DHCing is usually the better option.

Oh well, I guess it's a trade off considering tag ins are overheads now.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anyone want to play me in MvC2 tonight on PSN? Just trying to get better.
My PSN is Izanagi_XIII

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
aside from being really fast and extremly combo heavy, its the same. They took out the fun stuff. But that doesnt mean its not fun.

And im getting tired of this repetitive laucher air combo knock down otg super ****.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
They took out the fun stuff. But that doesnt mean its not fun.
What?

I know what you mean but this still looks weird out of context.

And im getting tired of this repetitive laucher air combo knock down otg super ****.
How did Magneto play in MvC2 again? Get in with some pokes, ROM infinite, Hypergrav Tempest, DHC into Hailstorm?

How did Storm play in MvC2 again? Get in with some pokes, launch, Magic series, 2 Lightning Attacks, Lightning Storm, DHC into HSF or Magnetic Shockwave?

Aren't those fundamentally the same as doing ground string, launcher, air string, super?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
He's not talking about the game itself, he's just talking about the tagging out mechanics.
That's what I get for reading a thread fast when I should be getting ready for work >.<

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm counting Psylocke, Cyclops, and other such assists as pokes, because they basically are.

I guess hit confirms would be more technically correct though.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
How did Magneto play in MvC2 again? Get in with some pokes, ROM infinite, Hypergrav Tempest, DHC into Hailstorm?

How did Storm play in MvC2 again? Get in with some pokes, launch, Magic series, 2 Lightning Attacks, Lightning Storm, DHC into HSF or Magnetic Shockwave?

Aren't those fundamentally the same as doing ground string, launcher, air string, super?
This may be true (actually its true for every fighting game), but this difference with mvc3 is that EVERY ****ING CHARACTER DOES THE SAME BORING *** BNB. Lauch air comb knockdown otg super. Every.....char. Besides like dante and zero.

cutter

Smash Champion
Raw tagging was HORRIBLE in MvC2. It was like a deathwish if you raw tagged. When you see people DHC just to swap out characters, that alone should tell you how bad raw tagging is.

This may be true (actually its true for every fighting game), but this difference with mvc3 is that EVERY ****ING CHARACTER DOES THE SAME BORING *** BNB. Lauch air comb knockdown otg super. Every.....char. Besides like dante and zero.
Pretty sure there's going to be a hell of a lot more to the game than just ground series -> launch -> air series -> knockdown -> OTG super. It's not like we're going to have the entire guts of the game spilled already in the current beta builds.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Raw tagging was HORRIBLE in MvC2. It was like a deathwish if you raw tagged. When you see people DHC just to swap out characters, that alone should tell you how bad raw tagging is.
but they buffed tagging in 3. i was talking about the way you tag in 2, not how good it was.

Pretty sure there's going to be a hell of a lot more to the game than just ground series -> launch -> air series -> knockdown -> OTG super. It's not like we're going to have the entire guts of the game spilled already in the current beta builds.
yeah i figured. i just felt like complaining about something. lol

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You can tech roll in the game still. It's just like MvC2, but the point where you can tech roll is a little bit later at certain points like at the end of air combos.
And I agree with Gates. MvC2 was almost the same thing. Storm was just combo, launch, to super. Every character had their BnB, just some had it easier.

MvC3 is just letting characters that are more ground base have a chance to do a combo to super, that's all.
A lot of the grounded characters in MvC2 were screwed without an assist while characters that had tri jumps and stuff had an easier time.

Think of it as being able to combo into Ultra in SFIV. The characters that had it had better advantage in Vanilla.

Edit: I don't mind there being BnBs like these. But I'm hoping that resets will be more useful in the long run.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Let's go through the list:

Marvel
Cap doesn't have one.
Deadpool doesn't have one.

Doom's super photons can do it, but this is nothing new.
Dormammu can maybe do one with his level 3, but at the very least he can do OTG specials like spikes and Blackheart's move (forget what it's called).
Hulk has two but he's also slow and has the biggest hitbox in the game and some of the worst mobility in the game, so frankly, he needs it.
Iron Man's level 1 supers definitely can't, and idk if his level 3 can either.
Magneto has Magnetic Shockwave, so this is nothing new either, but his level 3 does now, which is something new.
I don't think MODOK can, but if you think he's evolved beyond the joys of OTG combos...
She-Hulk can combo into her level 2 super OTG using her command dash, but I don't think her level 3 functions as an OTG per se since I've only ever seen her use it on an opponent who's getting up (in fact, I'm starting to think it has the properties of a grab).
Spider-Man doesn't have one.
Super-Skrull can and he has lots of ways to do it (Tenderizer -> Human Torch dive, Inferno, level 3?).
One of Thor's supers is kind of like Magnetic Tempest and his Super Tornado probably hits OTG too.
Wolverine has Berserker Barrage but idk if it hits OTG.
X-23 doesn't have supers that hit OTG but she does have normals that do cna can be super-canceled.

Capcom
Wesker I have no idea but it doesn't look like it.
Amaterasu has several (level 3, time stop, normal super).
Arthur has one but it's his level 3.
I'm not exactly sure how Chris' level 3 works, but I think he might be able to do it OTG. That or his grenade launcher super.
Chun-Li can probably do it with Kikosho.
Dante can't hit any of his supers OTG but he can do a relaunch. In fact his BnB is launch, air series, belial edge, relaunch, air series, flame move, gun super (KFC, dash, spinning gun attack, gun super for 100% http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgVNQlZPtGY)
Felicia I know nothing about.
Morrigan's level 3 doesn't hit OTG and I doubt her other supers do either.
Nathan doesn't have one from what I can tell, but he presumably has one more super that hasn't been shown, so who knows.

Ryu can probably do it with a TK Optic Blast Shinku Hadoken.
idk if Trish can, maybe with her TK beam super.
Tron has her King Servbot, but its usefulness is dicey.
Viewtiful Joe can probably do 6 Machine Cannon but nothing else.
Zero has one (air series -> flying screen -> ground pound super) and his level 3 probably can too.

So yeah, I guess you're right, a ton of people do have them. Still, what's so bad about it?

Can anyone who's played the game **cough**Minato**cough** confirm any of this for me?

but they buffed tagging in 3. i was talking about the way you tag in 2, not how good it was.
Well yeah, I don't think anyone's arguing that the new way is better, but if tagging in is as unsafe in 3 as it was in 2 then it won't make much difference.

yeah i figured. i just felt like complaining about something. lol
I read this as "I gave Zero_Gamer my password".

Minato

穏やかじゃない
To me, OTG Super is no different than Air combo to super. That's just how I see it.
Can anyone who's played the game **cough**Minato**cough** confirm any of this for me?
If you count OTG specials to super, Deadpool and possibly Iron Man count.

Deadpool can OTG with his katana special which then knocks them towards the wall which you can super off of.
Iron Man's Smart Bombs can OTG, I believe, as well. So maybe you can launch, combo, OTG with Smart Bomb to Proton Canon.
It could have been Repulsor Blast, or maybe even both can OTG.

Then again, I don't know if these combos are tight enough where they don't have enough time to tech roll out of.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
i just like some diversity in combos i guess. It doesnt matter tho. And i posted this a hour ago but i guess my phone was being stupid.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
To me, OTG Super is no different than Air combo to super. That's just how I see it.
It's the same for me.

I think it might have been Repulsor Blast too. Either that or his standing fierce, I know that usually pops them up for a combo.

Top Bottom