• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm sorry for getting hostile too. I honestly completely agree with you on why they should be present in the game. Didn't mean to be so indirect about what I meant as to be ignorant.

...Has nothing to do with anything but I can't stop imagining Deadpool tagging him in and calling him Nimrod.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, what's your point?

Spiderman was good in low-tier tourneys. I think Spiderman/Morrigan/Tron was a really good team, but mostly because of Tron's assist. Spiderman worked well with Ruby Heart too on trap teams. Those teams would fold to MSP or Santhrax though.

Marvel is slightly less balanced than Melee. You have your best characters (Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, Jiggs in Melee; Sentinel, Storm, Magneto, Cable in MvC2), characters that are really good but have to work harder to win than the ones at the top (Peach, Falcon in Melee - Cyclops, Iron Man, War Machine, Dr. Doom, Strider, Blackheart), and characters that are good but only with the right support or in certain situations (ICs, Ganon, Doc, Samus in Melee - Spiral, Psylocke, CapCom, Tron in MvC2). Everyone else has varying degrees of usefulness, with the lowest being the joke characters (Pichu in Melee - Servbot, Dan, Roll in MvC2).

With any large fighting game, you're going to have balance issues the bigger the game gets. This is seen even in games that aren't balanced competitively like Smash - look at how much more balanced Melee is compared to Brawl. MvC2 had 56 characters, a ton of characters for a fighting game, so naturally the gap between high tiers and low tiers is a lot bigger than, say, Super Turbo which had 16 characters.

Sentinel? Generic? How?

Ah, I see your point. It'll always make sense that the more things you have, the greater a tier can be needed. (Look at Pokemon, I know it's not fighting but still..)

Anyways, is there any chance that Spidey could end up being better, or no? (Like is it possible for mvc chars to get buffs, or do you think he'll stay the same)

If you're wondering, I love Spiderman <.<. I also like Zero, Deadpool, and Morrigan, but I have no idea how to put a team together. Due to being poor, I'm wayyyyyyyyy out of it from fighting games (Wii is very limited). Getting a ps3 this saturday with SSFIV, and pre-ordering this, in hopes to get back into it :D

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Brawl Marth loses to Snake, Meta Knight, Dedede, and to a lesser extent, DK. While, matchup wise, he could theoretically be one of the top tiers in a Meta Knight-banned environment, he is still nowhere near OP.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ah, I see your point. It'll always make sense that the more things you have, the greater a tier can be needed. (Look at Pokemon, I know it's not fighting but still..)

Anyways, is there any chance that Spidey could end up being better, or no? (Like is it possible for mvc chars to get buffs, or do you think he'll stay the same)

If you're wondering, I love Spiderman <.<. I also like Zero, Deadpool, and Morrigan, but I have no idea how to put a team together. Due to being poor, I'm wayyyyyyyyy out of it from fighting games (Wii is very limited). Getting a ps3 this saturday with SSFIV, and pre-ordering this, in hopes to get back into it :D
Yes, Spidey is looking way better than he did in MvC2. For one, it's easier to hitconfirm into combos now.
He has his web zip line to get around now which is much better than his air dash in MvC2.

And now, he can combo into supers easier rather than rely on Assists to help him.
Comboing into supers in a real match without any assists in MvC2 was near impossible at times...

Putting teams together can be tricky at first. You're basically trying to make one of your characters excel at a strength by having assists that'll help whatever it is you're trying to improve. Or, you can have teams that can backup your characters weakness like having an assist with a good anti-air or an assist to help your lock down an opponent.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Ah. That's pretty interesting, and it's nice to know he might be better. Wanted Carnage but hes the next best :3

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm looking forward to that cutscene with the pole dancer they mentioned.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
(e.g., one character's costume covers her breasts with thin strips of cloth).
Shows how much they know, Felicia is completely naked.

The dialogue sometimes references suggestive material (e.g., "Ya got any naked pictures of your mom? Want some?")
It's so obvious it's Deadpool saying that.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So Zachary Gordon is solid, but Maria Canals-Barrera as She-Hulk is only rumoured while Alicia Coppola is also solid? Voice for Jill and even X, but no credit for Haggar or Shuma?

IMDB usually has a lot of errors before actual credits get out on video games, don't give it any real thought.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I didn't neccesarily. This is just for what anyone thinks about it. I really don't feel like trusting anything anymore until stuff is confirmed and we have gameplay videos but idk just saw that so I thought it was neccesary to post here.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I can't really imagine Capcom leaving out the Blue Bomber.

Though I'll still wait for an actual confirmation I guess.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I hope Mega Man doesn't make it in! Don't care much for him so I hope Capcom gives everyone the finger with this one!
Capcom already gave us the finger while saying Strider was popular but they chose not to put him in anyway.
I want Mega Man in I used him as a kid whenever I wasn't using Strider. Plus I'm curious to see how they'll change him up.

I'm pretty sure he's in anyway, DLC or not. I'm glad I got Tron though.
That was the one character I wanted that I wasn't sure if they would put in

cutter

Smash Champion
I hope Mega Man doesn't make it in! Don't care much for him so I hope Capcom gives everyone the finger with this one!
When I think of Capcom, I think Mega Man. Capcom would be foolish not to put their de facto mascot into the game somehow. It'd be like having no Mario in Smash.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Aren't they doing a "1-char per series" kinda thing? If that is the case, then X just can't be.

I would love to have X or Axel though.
They're not doing a 1 character per game thing. For the Capcom side, RE and DS already break that rule.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
t'd be a good idea. Pheonix Wright in this game would be so weird. Idk how it'd even work..

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
And he'd yell objection :D (Haven't played the games, I just know the concept would be funneh)

ajch22

Smash Rookie
Ok, I was told to put this on this thread instead of just making a new thread for it. It is concerning Strider, his deconfirmation, and the possibility of adding him as DLC.

If you are reading this, you are probably well aware that Strider Hiryu, a veteran to the MVC series got deconfirmed because, according to the producer of MVC3, "he doesn't fit the concept", I am pretty sure this is really irrelevant for most of us, so now the only chance he has is as DLC. So I want to ask you, people to please go to Capcom-Unity, go to the section of "suggestion box", find the suggestion made by deadmvc3pool (one that asks for Strider Hiryu as a DLC character), and vote it up, that way Capcom will take us in consideration and might reconsider their decision.

Of course, I am not forcing you to do anything you don't want to, this is just a little of help I am asking for, but it will be very appreciated if people really go there and vote the suggestion up.

Here's a direct link:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/go/suggestion/box

In anticipation, thanx to everyone

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Unity Boards are basically Gamefaqs boards only sometimes the developers actually read them.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ That is quite depressing. I used to be on Gamefaqs pre-here. Couldn't handle it <.<

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
i would jut say theyre all scrubs. They act like stupid little *****es that are ignorant of what theyre *****ing about, which is why i hate scrubs.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ You saying them in general or just on fighting games?

Because as I got better in MH Tri, they got less and less helpful >.>

I bought a Spiderman Keychain today because this game makes me excited. (Even though he doesn't seem to be an important char in the game)

Idk playstyles well enough to form a team, but I wanna use him bad ; ;

Minato

穏やかじゃない
srk is ****. idk wtf you're smoking.
Yeah, it is. Except now it's slowly degenerating, IMO.
There are some newer posters that seem like they came from GFAQs or Unity now.

But I only see that happening in SSFIV and MvC3 threads, luckily.

Top Bottom