• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I honestly don't see where the hate for Apollo Justice is coming from.
Weakest game in the series imo.

Didn't have particularly memorable or charming characters or music (with the exception of Gavin, on both counts), had exceptionally bad pacing, which overshadowed the conclusion of each case. It was the first game where they actually could have implemented the use of stylus on the DS, but it was severely underused. Also, Apollo was a pretty unlikeable protagonist, with all his "Chords of Steel," and whatnot. And the bracelet was pretty much the worst gimmick ever, like seriously.

It's still a good game, it's just not a great AA game. And I wouldn't recommend to someone unless they were a fan of the series.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Weakest game in the series imo.

Didn't have particularly memorable or charming characters or music (with the exception of Gavin, on both counts), had exceptionally bad pacing, which overshadowed the conclusion of each case. It was the first game where they actually could have implemented the use of stylus on the DS, but it was severely underused. Also, Apollo was a pretty unlikeable protagonist, with all his "Chords of Steel," and whatnot. And the bracelet was pretty much the worst gimmick ever, like seriously.

It's still a good game, it's just not a great AA game. And I wouldn't recommend to someone unless they were a fan of the series.
I can actually agree with all those points, but I enjoyed the plot so much I forgot about these negatives :p Actually the second case of the game was probably one of the worst cases in the whole series (along with the third case in Justice for All) but I enjoyed all of the other ones, in fact going back and replaying the first case is very interesting.

This stuff really should be in the phoenix wright thread so I'd better leave it at that >_<

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Was playing today and a Wesker hyper countered my hard drive!

Did not expect at all.

On another note Sentinel has the easiest over 900k combo in the world IMO.

Air.H>Air.S>M>S>Air.M x2>Air.H>fly>Air.L>Air.M>Air.H>Air.S>Light RP>HSF>Plasma Storm

936'300

He builds the meter for the 2nd hyper and more by doing the combo too.

No more of that in Ultimate though.

ss118

Smash Master
You can do RP to Plasma Storm still, right?
I'm annoyed it doesn't work for HSF but how much does the combo get nerfed out of that?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Went Strider/Hsien-Ko/Vergil today. Strider certainly fits me in this game like he has in previous games.
Relaunch combos with Excalibur weren't difficult and his mixups are great. I'd often teleport while calling Vergil's Rising Slash (?) assist for mixup opportunities. I has soft knockdown so it's like my new Akuma assist kinda. Once I get the knockdown, do a mixup and call Hsien-Ko. If it hits, do his BnB, if not, I just summon a satellite and pressure afterwards.
I still love Ouroboros, btw.

Hsien-Ko still sucks but feels a bit better to use. I can't really point out why.
Her swords super certainly starts up faster. No cancellable Senpu Bu like in Darkstalkers still :(

Vergil is fun. I did basic stuff with him but he died quickly in my first match because of level 3 XF and I never got to use him on point in my other match.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
:o

Anything else you wanna share, Minato? We're all ears.

Smooth Criminal
Waiting for 6 hours sucked. Never doing it again. Uh, I think that's it besides the other post.
I only did 2 matches of UMvC3. The game's only like a month away anyways so I wasn't too excited.

Oh, and Doom is really really good. Like stupid good. He'll sit comfortably on his throne on at least the tier before top tier.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Do Strider and Vergil have any type of synergy?
Not too much, IMO. Vergil's assist sure helps out Strider and vice versa. Ouroboros activated along with Vergil's assist aided with teleports was really dumb since it's kinda like a Berserker Slash move. My goal was for Strider to build meter, eventually OTG super and DHC into Hsien-Ko's gold super and raw tag out.

Vergil was last since he uses up more meter than my other characters. Thinking about it, the DHCs my characters have aren't great. They're mostly doing a damage super into a buff super. All my characters have great assists which is a plus.

I don't think Strider and Vergil are really suited for high damaging DHCs anyways.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Man they must love Doom. He got more buffs then the characters that actually deserve em. Honestly I thought doom was fine as he is!

MAAAAN!
SHOW
ME
PHOENIX!

*deskslam*

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hsien ko's speed is the same according to LL.ND

there are 3 most notable changes:
1. new items, just have to find out what they do
2. jump cancelable f.M
3. jump cancelable f.H

unconfirmed rumors
1. gong comes out faster
2. air dash is faster
3. chireitou comes out faster
4. f.M comes out faster

to me she still wasn't THAT terrible in mvc3. the jump cancelable f.H is a big deal though. you guys know how much space that thing covered? long range anti air, it can stop air dashes in, and now that you can cancel it you can jump straight up and gong, or air dash and come down with an H. it does improve her zoning game a lot

if she can cancel her f.M or f.H into jump loops, it'll def make her more solid. anything at this point would make her more viable, since zoning as a strategy has improved a lot in this game

my team (x-23/hsien ko/dr. doom) is looking fairly good at this point haha. just gotta test it out and continue finding out what people discover

vergil looks freaking hard to block.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Haggar's Lariat invincibility was nerfed. Now there's no reason to play him at all.

I also don't understand why they're buffing Doom when he wasn't bad by any means in MvC3 and he still has the best assists in the game.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
maybe he still wasn't as good as they wanted him to be LOL

isn't he one of the "main" antagonists in the "story"?

:p

i watched the wnf set from earlier this month between clock and combofiend

those two make this game look legit LOL. love it. clockwork's phoenix team is so much funner to watch than viscant's

though viscant's is pretty godlike too haha

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.

Oh, and Doom is really really good. Like stupid good. He'll sit comfortably on his throne on at least the tier before top tier.
This pleases me, Doom has been my man with Sentinel since the beginning.

Are all his combos the same Minato?

Like all of them are still possible yeah?

I need to look up the buffs he got actually.

Also to SS118, Sent can still combo into plasma Storm yeah.

Top Bottom