• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Gaming Zone Presents: Sector B Lv.1 MD/VA Tournament!-Sept 12 2009

Deez.

Smash Lord
THE ZONE PRESENTS...

Address:

LakeForest Mall 701 Russell Ave
Gaithersburg MD, 20877

Banned:
1.SkyLink

Tournament Schedule:
o 10:00am [Doors Open]
o 11:00am [Doubles Sign ups]
o 12:00pm [Doubles Begin]
o 3:00pm [Singles Sign ups]
o Singles start when doubles are finished.and 30 minute break for money matches and crew battles.
o Singles end whenever they're finished.

Official Zone Rules:

* 3 Stock
o 8 Minute Time Limit for Doubles and Singles.
o Excessive ledge-stalling is banned and will be enforced in the following method: A Player may only remain off the stage or on a ledge for a maximum of 5 ledge re-grabs (with one extra re-grab provided for leniency) before the Player's character must land on the stage or its platforms. Should a Player exceed the 6 re-grabs without touching the stage, he/she will be required to forfeit their current stock. Further violations will result in forfeit of match and forfeit of tournament set.
o Stalling is banned. In case you didn't know, Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
o If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
o Metaknight's Infinite Cape is banned.
o Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
o Items are set to "off" and "none"
o All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Winners, Losers, and Championship Finals will be set to best of 5.
o No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
o If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
o You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
o Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
o Do not fight or Steal from the Venue or the people in the venue. There are camera's installed in and outside of the venue. You will be prosecuted if this rule is broken.
o No Tolerance Rule: If you are late, you will automatically be placed into the losers bracket. This only applies if you didn't make it within 30 minutes of the expected tournament starting time, after the 30 minutes you will not be allowed to enter the event at all and the bracket will be finalized. No ifs, and, or buts.

D3's standing infinite is also Banned. in case i over looked it above...

We have 40" LCD T.vs in the store but I've played on it numerous times there's hardly any lag on them. If that's going to be an issue please contact me.
Neutral Stages:
o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o LyLat Cruise
o Yoshi's Island

Counter Pick Stages:

o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
o Delfino Plaza

STAGE NOTE:
The striking system is in effect. and you get to ban 1 counterpick or Neutral stage.

Pricing:
$10.00 Venue Fee
$15.00 Singles
$20.00 Doubles[10 each person]

Payouts:

1st.60% 2nd.30% 3rd.10%

Food:

It's located in a mall... enough said, there's a great food court to get food from. I also have snacks such as candy and chips and energy drinks and sodas for really really cheap prices.

Controllers:
Just like any other tournament you must bring your own controller. we don't have enough to lend out to everyone sorry :( but PLEASE PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!!!

If you have any other questions regarding the Tournament or the Venue, feel free to contact Deez or P~S at one of the following:
Aim Screen Name: Deez-EvilTwin0688 P~S- ace13crd
If you want a number please Aim first to see if its ok with either or myself or P~S.
Pannel List: Tantalus will also be helping out setting up the brackets so if have any questions also contact him. his aim is: TheTantalus

*This is a Summer event and points will be recorded.

Tournament Confirmation List (Updated Regularly)
1.Deez
2.Sin
3.P~S
4.Lie
5.Tantalus
6.BetaZealot
7.EE
8.JJvirus
9.TKO
10.Korn
11.Boss
12.5% tax
13.Mankosuki
14.NeverKnowsbest

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
15 dollar venue fee? thats crazy dude. and also lylat and yoshis should be neutral. characters like iceys and dedede have an unfair advantage on some characters with those 3 neutrals only on

Deez.

Smash Lord
15 dollar venue fee? thats crazy dude. and also lylat and yoshis should be neutral. characters like iceys and dedede have an unfair advantage on some characters with those 3 neutrals only on
I'll post this now so no one else says something about the $15 venue it wasn't up to me it was my Boss idea... and about 30 random scrubs already signed up for it so more pot fillers 30 people not including the smash community is pretty **** good.:laugh:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
YES, thank you! This is roughly 2 weeks away so I can ask off of work!

With a shriek I will shank with sheik and her comboz!

With that said though I haven't played smash in like forever so I'm most likely rather rusty but even so now that I have a car, money, and for the most part a secure future I can go to this **** not to mention have a reason to practice again. :3

Can't wait to pay the winners.

Deez.

Smash Lord
Sorry Guys I made a mistake its $15 for singles and $10 venue fee. IF that makes a difference at all.. but at least more money is going to the pot now.

Coney

Smash Master
Link is on there 3 times hahaha.
seriously, three links and at least two of almost everyone else, where's love for the king?

on a related topic, $35 for a small regional that's an hour away, ehhhh maybe. i'd be much more willing if someone in the area could offer me/sassy/takeover/whoever else is coming housing! i'm always so tired after a tournament but wanna keep smashing, i hate having to drive all the way back :<

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
WTF 15 dollars????....

well whatever...idk where this is but hopefully its closer then tants tourney...lol

im pretty sure ill be here though.....no venue drop for bringin wii???

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm partnering with P~S and Deez for their first venue based tournament, they'll be doing most of officiating and all that, and I'll be making the brackets, much like I do for Chu's tournaments.

Should be mad fun!!!! This will be the final POINTS event, so make sure you get your points while you can.

HAT

Smash Ace
o Do not fight or Steal from the Venue or the people in the venue. There are camera's installed in and outside of the venue. You will be prosecuted if this rule is broken.

oh **** is sin coming?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
seriously, three links and at least two of almost everyone else, where's love for the king?

on a related topic, $35 for a small regional that's an hour away, ehhhh maybe. i'd be much more willing if someone in the area could offer me/sassy/takeover/whoever else is coming housing! i'm always so tired after a tournament but wanna keep smashing, i hate having to drive all the way back :<
try yostr, lie. deez, hat, or maybe ssr?

o ****, final chance to get points.... HYPE!!!!!!
(chu, meep, neo, forte, and korn.... i now need you al not t show up :s )

Deez.

Smash Lord
WTF 15 dollars????....

well whatever...idk where this is but hopefully its closer then tants tourney...lol

im pretty sure ill be here though.....no venue drop for bringin wii???
Yeah bring a wii and copy of brawl and a tv. you'll get venue waved.

try yostr, lie. deez, hat, or maybe ssr?

o ****, final chance to get points.... HYPE!!!!!!
(chu, meep, neo, forte, and korn.... i now need you al not t show up :s )
:(I don't think I'll be able to house anyone if i do id have to know you...

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Nice, I should be off. Most definitely going to be there if I don't get screwed by work.

Seriously though, if anyone uses G+W, let's win this doubles tourney doing cheap ****. I want to see how broken the team can be.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
yea coney dont worry my cousins live in gaithersburg.. Ill ask my uncle see if we can stay over there for the night

Coney

Smash Master
Coney, team with me? Lucas + DDD ****.
wow, really? does that team work well? i would've never guessed!

i actually have another teammate lined up unfortunately, but if he bails out i'll definitely take up your offer!

either way, we should play friendlies after doubles is over, see if our chemistry blends.

yea coney dont worry my cousins live in gaithersburg.. Ill ask my uncle see if we can stay over there for the night
good stuff, thanks pal.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Nice, I should be off. Most definitely going to be there if I don't get screwed by work.

Seriously though, if anyone uses G+W, let's win this doubles tourney doing cheap ****. I want to see how broken the team can be.
If you still need a teammate, I'll team with you. ZSS heals Lucas fast :]
I thought you wanted a G&W?

Lucas + ZSS ***** too lol. We can be the Nick riddle + Galeon of MD. :D

If you find a G&W, then go with him first, since that's what you wanted originally.
wow, really? does that team work well? i would've never guessed!

i actually have another teammate lined up unfortunately, but if he bails out i'll definitely take up your offer!

either way, we should play friendlies after doubles is over, see if our chemistry blends.
aww man. I gotta be faster.

Ya I know, it's weird. My AiB doubles partner plays DDD, so I have mad experience working with one. we can do so crazy stuff.

friendlies before or after sound nice.
i dont know if i can go to this pink, but if i do.....double lucas?
NOOOOO lol. we'll get wrecked so badly. somebody is going to go double marth. >_>

Top Bottom