• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Gaming Zone Lv2. Feat. VGBootCamp MD/VA March 13,2010 *Special Announcement*

Deez.

Smash Lord
people either IM me or post on this thread if your coming I need to make a confirmation list... so please do so as soon as possible. thanks!

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Sassy I love ya man but you don't put ANY effort into enforcing that $2 venue fee. Be more assertive or get someone (Kyle?) to do it for you. You can't complain if you're not going to do anything. That goes for when you want people out of your house/the mess as well.

Also VGBC's debt shouldn't be a way to justify anything. Leave that out of this >_>;

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
I shouldn't have to beg. =/

People just say crap like "I don't have change." Figure that out beforehand. I don't like being douchey but I don't think I should have to. People should just stop being lame.

It isn't that I didn't put any effort in. I did, but I was ignored, so I quit asking because I was tired of stressing. I don't like to be put in that position.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Sassy I love ya man but you don't put ANY effort into enforcing that $2 venue fee. Be more assertive or get someone (Kyle?) to do it for you. You can't complain if you're not going to do anything. That goes for when you want people out of your house/the mess as well.

Also VGBC's debt shouldn't be a way to justify anything. Leave that out of this >_>;
I disagree.

Keep in mind that VGBC is in business to help out the community.

I shouldn't have to beg. =/

People just say crap like "I don't have change." Figure that out beforehand. I don't like being douchey but I don't think I should have to. People should just stop being lame.

It isn't that I didn't put any effort in. I did, but I was ignored, so I quit asking because I was tired of stressing. I don't like to be put in that position.
You should read my previous post.

You can let me handle them for 50% of the venue fee :chuckle:. Think about it like this... you aren't going to ask them anyway so you might as well hire me to do it so that you will at least get something instead of nothing! LOLZ.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I disagree.

Keep in mind that VGBC is in business to help out the community.

You should read my previous post.

You can let me handle them for 50% of the venue fee :chuckle:. Think about it like this... you aren't going to ask them anyway so you might as well hire me to do it so that you will at least get something instead of nothing! LOLZ.
lfjfakljhfjdkfasljkeupiaidj

****ing chu

Noraa

Smash Lord
Dude, I feel bad for vgbootcamp people. investing in wii's and games and ****, putting themselves in debt to help a community that complains when they try to make 5 bucks back for themselves (to put towards their debt) LOL.

Same community that begs me to host a smashfest while everyone else is in Indianapolis, for 2 bucks a person to appease my roommates, when I work at 8am the next day, when I slept for 3 hours the night before... I give in and 2/25 people pay me (thank you freezewish, and I think June) so I have to pay my roommates the difference, not to mention feeling sh*tty at work the next day. Oh, and not too mention the mess, and people leaving 3.5 hours after the smashfest was supposed to be over. Sh*t gets old! just sayin...

Edit: This is (obviously) sassy.
1) Why feel bad about vgbootcamps situation, its their company and job. If it doesnt/isnt working out, then its a lesson learned. Everyone knows how the community is with $10 venues fees before vgbootcamp even existed. I do have faith in there company though, so good luck guys.

2) Sassy, to be fair, you dont even tell us about the fee until like half way through the night. Also, i have never heard you say when the fest is over. You sort of just let it trickle down and end on its own like a campfire. I do feel bad about the mess afterwards and will start helping with that, but i think its wrong to make complaints about us about something you havent enforced everytime or to 100%.

Instead of being like, "hey my roomates said i need to charge a $2 venue fee now so do you think you think you can give me 2 bucks".

You need to be like **in the thread where the fest is announced or on the phone with the people being invited** "Hey im having a fest but there is a $2 venue fee, if it isnt payed you cant come in"

Just noraas thoughts and il start carrying $2....*goes to the back of the room*

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
2) Sassy, to be fair, you dont even tell us about the fee until like half way through the night. Also, i have never heard you say when the fest is over. You sort of just let it trickle down and end on its own like a campfire. I do feel bad about the mess afterwards and will start helping with that, but i think its wrong to make complaints about us about something you havent enforced everytime or to 100%.

Instead of being like, "hey my roomates said i need to charge a $2 venue fee now so do you think you think you can give me 2 bucks".

You need to be like **in the thread where the fest is announced or on the phone with the people being invited** "Hey im having a fest but there is a $2 venue fee, if it isnt payed you cant come in"

Just noraas thoughts and il start carrying $2....*goes to the back of the room*
this is so true..

if you need to have some venue fee, might as well just post it on the boards...
it's not that hard lol

g-regulate

Smash Hero
thats why people just need to SUCK IT UP and pay the $10 venue fee. yea, it sucks to have to pay extra money for your tourney..... but WE LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD ITS 2010, AND TELEVISIONS/WIIS/COMPETENT HOSTS/COMFORTABLE VENUES DONT JUST APPEAR LIKE MAGIC, i mean SERIOUSLY, $10 VENUE FEE IS LIKE $1 PER HOUR AND PEOPLE STILL WHINE!

PEOPLE WONT EVEN PAY SASSY $2 TO ENTER HIS HOUSE?!?!? ARE WE ALL HOMELESS-LEVEL BROKE OR SOMETHING?

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm glad I got my rant out, but let me clear this up.

I'm not mad at anyone. I had to give away some of my money and crap, but I'm over it, oh well.

This is what happened with this particular smashfest:

I was working all weekend, so I didn't feel like having a smashfest. The very night before, my roommates had a "house meeting," which was essentially gang-up-on-danny night. They gave me so much crap for the noise, mess, etc because of smashfests...
So the next day, I started getting texts like, "hey what time is your smashfest?" and "when can I come over" and things of that nature, to which I mostly responded with "wtf??" Then people started begging me and crap because we had all been snowed in for a month. Pink Fresh was talking to everyone in the MD/VA chat and apparently everyone wanted to smash. I was very weary of having one because of my lack of sleep, work the next day, and because of the complaining of my roommates. But I gave in to be nice. So I spoke with my roommates, then I told PF that he could tell some of the people in the chat they could come for a smashfest, under 3 conditions:
-its 4pm-12pm(1am latest)
-2 dollar venue fee (for my roommates, not me)
-not too many people.

That's why it wasn't on smashboards... because I didn't everyone to come, because I didn't want to deal with a huge thing. You know, since I just got *****ed out by my roommates. So it wasn't like I decided that I needed 2 bucks halfway through the smashfest. I don't give a crap about money. I just used that as leverage to be able to have a smashfest, since my roommates really wanted a break from dealing with the noise. I told them that I'd give them 2 bucks a person towards our electricity/heat bills etc, so it's not like I'm getting any money out of it. My point is that we were very specific about the conditions of this fest to the people we invited. If people decided to pass the word around that I'm having a SMALL smashfest, and they decide not to mention the venue fee, times, etc... well that sucks. =/ So basically, I was trying to do something nice for the community, but i had like 25 people show up (many arrived after 10:30pm or something), I ended up owing my roommates 40 bucks, and I got like 3 hours of sleep.

So, as I said, I'm not mad at anyone. I shouldn't have brought up the leaving time, since I had already given up by the time it was supposed to end. I just couldn't bring myself to kick out the people who had just shown up, since somebody probably didn't relay the message about this fest not being a late one. I'm sorry if my rant came off too abrasively the first time. It's just that hosting these things can be really stressful, so if I'm going out of my way to do everyone a favor, I'd just like it if I didn't get put in the position where I have to be some a-hole enforcer, since that is not my personality at all. I just said all this so that people treat me as friend, not a host, and my house as a home, not a venue, ya know?

Noraa, sorry dude I ain't mad at ya. You're always welcome over. I'm sure whoever told you about the fest didn't relay those important messages. And I don't want to have a venue fee for smashfests in general. I think as long as I can space these things out, and have them at decent hours, I can still get a bunch of free smashfests going. It's just that, given the situation, my roommates were very demanding. And you know, I really don't want to be on their bad side right now, since the lease ends may first, and I still want a place to live. >< Luckily Kyle is my best friend, so he'll have my back no matter what lol.

And Chu, sorry I forgot to respond. Thanks for the input. You make some very good points. I may need your collection services sometime haha. But at least for a while, I think I need to keep my smashfests small and free for the most part, because I can't deal with any more stress since I have enough due to my classes/work/etc.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
so... sounds like everything is settled :D

and now onto other news....

(self)

anyone interested in teaming with me for this?

TheYoster

Smash Journeyman
ARE WE ALL HOMELESS-LEVEL BROKE OR SOMETHING?
lol you coming? I want some lagless TvC matches from you.

An idea is to have a set-up specfically for friendlies. That way for those who complain about how much money they don't want to spend can just come pay $10, get their money's worth, and play instead of waiting for the next free set-up which could take a while. It would also give the people who didn't enter double but enter singles something to do.

I plan on going to this. Who doesn't have a teammate?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
lol you coming? I want some lagless TvC matches from you.

An idea is to have a set-up specifically for friendlies. That way for those who complain about how much money they don't want to spend can just come pay $10, get their money's worth, and play instead of waiting for the next free set-up which could take a while. It would also give the people who didn't enter double but enter singles something to do.

I plan on going to this. Who doesn't have a teammate?
If you bring a tv and a wii we'll use it specifically for friendlies. If we have one or two other people do this we would have 2 to 3set ups specifically for friendlies/training/TVC

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
If I can get a ride, ill most def go support VGBC here. we'll see what happens this week...
I do want to get some team and singles practice going on. i probably wont enter anything since i havent played seriously in a month :(

Aposl

Smash Ace
This weekend MD versus VA 5 v 5 exhibition match Im thinking

VA: Candy, Boss, Chu, Korn, June Bug

MD: Neo, PS, Omni, Meep, Take Over

and I beleive all of these guys are confirmed... so lets do it!

maybe 10 v 10 if the next 5 best show up!

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
I would but I can't go to tournies back to back like that. I work 1-11pm next sat. No way I'm making that. I'll probably try to get off a bit early and swing through for mms. So I can get some practione' in.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Double post but I don't care.

Sassy I've only been to one of your smashfest and that was before pound. And I cleaned up all the **** there when it wasn't even mine. I atleast tried ti clean it all up. Also I'm not sure if there was a venue fee or not for that. If so I'm sorry I didn't even kno. But I don't trash someones house and **** like others. That aint me.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
This weekend MD versus VA 5 v 5 exhibition match Im thinking

VA: Candy, Boss, Chu, Korn, June Bug

MD: Neo, PS, Omni, Meep, Take Over

and I beleive all of these guys are confirmed... so lets do it!

maybe 10 v 10 if the next 5 best show up!
MD wins.

*grabs face mustaches* <--- Candy amirite?

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Double post but I don't care.

Sassy I've only been to one of your smashfest and that was before pound. And I cleaned up all the **** there when it wasn't even mine. I atleast tried ti clean it all up. Also I'm not sure if there was a venue fee or not for that. If so I'm sorry I didn't even kno. But I don't trash someones house and **** like others. That aint me.
Nah you good. It was like like 2 times that I had a little venue fee and it's only because my roommates made me, and I couldn't get it out of people either time. Thanks for helpin though man, I remember.
Hey text me your number again because I lost everything on my phone.

Can't wait for this weekend. This week is going to be horrible for me til then. This is so sad. I should probably go to bed really soon because I have to wake up for work at 4am... wtf! Then when i get off I have homework in every class. Good times! Kenny come practice with me as soon as I get through all this crap ><

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Nah you good. It was like like 2 times that I had a little venue fee and it's only because my roommates made me, and I couldn't get it out of people either time. Thanks for helpin though man, I remember.
Hey text me your number again because I lost everything on my phone.

Can't wait for this weekend. This week is going to be horrible for me til then. This is so sad. I should probably go to bed really soon because I have to wake up for work at 4am... wtf! Then when i get off I have homework in every class. Good times! Kenny come practice with me as soon as I get through all this crap ><
Tant and I are taking you two out!!!!!

Good luck with studying!

Aposl

Smash Ace
this tournament is going to be sweet, we are going to do pools btw, and prolly have a few rs show up XD

Coney

Smash Master
we are going to do pools
i might come, just because of this...

i remember you saying you need stuff for a livestream too, i don't have a capable laptop but i can bring my computer. it'd be easier if someone could bring their laptop, though.

Top Bottom