• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I wouldn’t mind redesigning the Rhythm Heaven symbol but we will be keeping with the Crash Bandicoot one. airConditioner airConditioner handled all of our series symbols so I would like to hear from them about as well.
Can you give a reasoning for not changing the Crash symbol? The one on the wiki is very hard to recognise as Aku Aku and if not for the feathers would literally be unrecognisable. Plus I think mine has more personality to it, fitting for a personality-filled series like Crash.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
I wouldn’t mind redesigning the Rhythm Heaven symbol but we will be keeping with the Crash Bandicoot one. airConditioner airConditioner handled all of our series symbols so I would like to hear from them about as well.
i don't mind either but i'd like to get a general consensus on the rhythm heaven symbol! i like the way you did it with the music note since i don't want to make separate symbols for all the names the game has

i don't know anything about crash and i am down to change that one

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Imo the best symbol for Rhythm Heaven is the perfect symbol. The Clouds in the logo are different for each region, and the Barista stamp feels a bit strange considering its literally his head. The idea of a music note is thrown around, but music notes aren't actually a big part of the series, where as the Perfect symbol is always in the corner.
Ed8-fbgUYAAG6JA.png

I think Aku Aku works for Crash, but I wouldn't mind if the current one was redesigned to make it a bit more obvious that it was Aku Aku, something along the lines of this. Alternatively, a wumpa fruit, crate, or relic could work but my preference is for Aku Aku.
dd2wezs-f44ee502-459c-4cd2-91d4-f9b1a2c84217.png

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Imo the best symbol for Rhythm Heaven is the perfect symbol. The Clouds in the logo are different for each region, and the Barista stamp feels a bit strange considering its literally his head. The idea of a music note is thrown around, but music notes aren't actually a big part of the series, where as the Perfect symbol is always in the corner.
View attachment 308313

I think Aku Aku works for Crash, but I wouldn't mind if the current one was redesigned to make it a bit more obvious that it was Aku Aku, something along the lines of this. Alternatively, a wumpa fruit, crate, or relic could work but my preference is for Aku Aku.
View attachment 308314
I considered the Perfect P, but decided against since P is not a letter that's part of the series' title - unless you count "Paradise" in the PAL title.

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 308313
I completely agree with this, it's the only symbol that's 100% consistent throughout all 4 games that I can think of. I suppose another viable option would technically be the head of one of the monkeys though lol

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Can you give a reasoning for not changing the Crash symbol? The one on the wiki is very hard to recognise as Aku Aku and if not for the feathers would literally be unrecognisable. Plus I think mine has more personality to it, fitting for a personality-filled series like Crash.
Sorry, I meant keeping it strictly to Aku Aku. I didn’t recognize the one you made but I assumed it was Aku Aku but I wasn’t 100% sure. I also want to see our symbols, and I’m sorry if this doesn’t make sense, solid-based.

If you take a look at all the symbols, most of them are composed of a single image rather than smaller composite images. The only one that broke the mold was Style Savvy and that was due to a lack of actual uniformal symbols. If we redesign the Crash symbol, I would rather have it be more inline with what Krook showed. Style a savvy should be an exception, not a trend.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I guess Rhythm Heaven doesn't start with P, but I don't think its a deal breaker. The P stands for Perfect, which is a term from Rhythm Heaven so it still represents the series. It's not a straight up P either its got eyes/dots lol.

Plus, since the universe emblem comes onto screen whenever you win a match, it would be like getting a perfect at then end of a Rhythm Heaven mini game which would be a neat reference.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Time for a poll!

What should the icon for Rhyrhm Heaven be?

Keep it as is (Barista stamp)
The Perfect P
A musical note
A tambourine monkey head

Any other ideas that I can add before I put the poll up?

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Time for a poll!

What should the icon for Rhyrhm Heaven be?

Keep it as is (Barista stamp)
The Perfect P
A musical note
A tambourine monkey head

Any other ideas that I can add before I put the poll up?
The cloud from the series logo is often thrown around if you want to add that. The cloud shape in the logo is different by region though, so I’m not sure how well it would work out logistically.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The cloud from the series logo is often thrown around if you want to add that. The cloud shape in the logo is different by region though, so I’m not sure how well it would work out logistically.
I’ve seen that and the Chorus Kids bow ties but I can’t help but kind of sigh when I see them. I feel what we have suggested have a far more interesting and appealing design.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I’ve seen that and the Chorus Kids bow ties but I can’t help but kind of sigh when I see them. I feel what we have suggested have a far more interesting and appealing design.
I’m not the biggest fan of it either, but I think one can make an argument for it even if it looks boring. I wouldn’t vote for it myself but others may want to. Chorus Kid’s bow tie, or his face which I’ve also seen, wouldn’t make much sense imo since we didn’t pick Chorus Kids as the fighter. I assume the people who have made those logos made them with the pretense that Chorus Kids would be the fighter.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Proto Man Otoad64 Otoad64 (Mega Man) 6
Zack Fair @Commander_Alph (Cloud) 1
Liquid Snake @chocolatejr9 (Snake) 11
Shadow @Perkilator (Sonic) 17
Adriene/Hex/Valorie/Hal @Adrianette Bromide (Steve) 0
Ms. Pac-Man @Jomosensual (Pac-Man) 13
Rock Howard @Golden Icarus (Terry) 1
Heroine @cashregister9 (Hero) 5
Coco Bandicoot @Mushroomguy12 (Crash) 3
Leon Kennedy @CheeseAnton (Jill) 23
Violet @Yiptap (Joker) 2
Mecha Sonic Mamboo07 Mamboo07 (Sonic) 1
Big Boss Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom (Snake) 2
Yooka-Laylee Janx_uwu Janx_uwu (Banjo & Kazooie) 0
Jeanne @GoodGrief741 (Bayonetta) 6
Yu Narukami @SmasherMaster 1

Our next Echo Fighter and first third party Echo Fighter is Leon Kennedy! He seems to be working him way to different crossovers. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him in Mario Kart 9!

Woth Leon Kennedy confirmed for Infinite, we need to make the decision: is he going to get the Ken treatment and get several unique abilities that sets him apart from Ryu or will he be more like Richter in Uktimate and differ only in animations? Or perhaps somewhere in between those two?

Vote on Leon’s Echo Fighter status
Please follow this Strawpoll link to vote on which way Leon will be utilized as an Echo

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
voting to change one of his special, preferably side special with his shotgun
Jill already uses the shotgun for her Side-Smash. If we take ammo into account this might turn really complicated and Leon would just end up as a worse version as his ammo would run out faster as it's binded to more moves.

Maybe another weapon? I'd personally go down the different stats or different normals route. Haven't decided on a concrete choice as of yet though. I was also under the impression we would have had more freedom than this. :/

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Jill already uses the shotgun for her Side-Smash. If we take ammo into account this might turn really complicated and Leon would just end up as a worse version as his ammo would run out faster as it's binded to more moves.
well, gotta change it really quick (don't know if I could tho)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Venus Edit: I have received permission by Pokelego999 Pokelego999 to use this post as I’m am going to be losing space within the first two posts as this project continues. Hence forth, this post will be used by Venus.

Timeline & Confirmed Contents
  • E3 Reveal Trailer (53m 8s)​
    • Characters
      • Newcomers
        • Isaac
        • Bandana Waddle Dee
        • Octoling
        • Waluigi
        • Crash
        • Stylist
      • Veteran Updates
        • Mario
        • Donkey Kong
        • Samus
        • Ganondorf
        • Young Link
    • Stages
      • New
        • Venus Lighthouse
        • Castle Dedede
        • Waluigi Pinball
        • N. Sanity Beach
        • Beaumonde Arena
        • Bowser’s Castle
        • Dr. Mario
        • Mystery Island
      • Returning
        • PAC-MAZE
        • Meta Crystal
        • Rainbow Road
        • Poké Floats
    • Items
      • Shock Bomb
      • Double Cherry
      • Anti-ssist Trophy
      • Gravity Fan
      • Dark Stone
      • Matryoshka Doll
      • Bottle of Soda
      • Coconut Gun
      • Armorslayer
      • Breidablik
      • Aku Aku
    • Assist Trophies
      • Creeper
      • Futaba Sakurai
      • Big the Cat
      • Wii Fit Balance Board
      • Jenna
      • Cranky Kong
      • Mumbo Jumbo
      • Bokoblin
      • Eggplant Wizard
      • Dragonlord
      • Kula Diamond
      • Seteth
      • Tifa Lockhart
      • Dr. Neo Cortex
      • Nintendog (Shiba Inu)
    • Pokémon
      • Wooloo
      • Snom/Frosmoth
      • Cramorant
      • Galarian Stunfisk
      • Gengar
      • Sirfetch’d
      • Eiscue
      • Appletun
      • Eternatus
      • Aipom
      • Umbreon
      • Hitmontop
    • Mii Fighter Costumes
      • Garrett
      • Raiden
      • Chef Outfit
      • Diving Suit
      • Gangster Outfit
      • Dinosaur Outfit
      • Knight Outfit
      • Superhero Outfit
      • Firefighter Outfit
      • Crash Suit Costume
      • Pokémon Trainer costume
      • Ness costume
      • Robin costume
      • Bowser costume
      • Joker costume
      • Terry costume
      • Gatekeeper Costume
      • Ball Guy costume
      • Pauline Costume
      • Tingle Costume
      • Kumatora Costume
      • Primid Costume
    • Game Modes
      • Smash Dungeon
      • Create a Classic Mode
    • Spirits
      • Cat Mario
      • Fury Bowser
      • Hestu
      • Zero
      • Adeleine
      • Hyness
      • Ash Greninja
      • Galarian Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres
      • Joshua
      • Yuri
      • Elemental Dijinn
      • Alex
      • Doom Dragon
      • Karis
      • Emmylou
      • Alina
      • Launch Octopus
      • Kasumi Yoshizawa
      • Ash Crimson
      • Aku Aku
      • Crunch Bandicoot
      • The Evil Twins
      • Jinbe
      • Bubsy
      • The Enchantress
      • Winnehild, Warbinger
      • Peashooter
      • Football Zombie
  • August Nintendo Direct (6m, 15s)
    • Character
      • Ashley
    • Assist Trophy
      • Kat & Ana
      • Mona
    • Mii Costume
      • Captain Syrup
    • Spirits
      • Demon Head
      • Penny Crygor
      • Gold Digger
      • Supermaker 21
    • Game improvements
      • “And the winner is...”
      • 4th taunt
      • Classic Mode Bonus Rounds
      • Hero selection changes
  • September Nintendo Mini Direct: Echo Spotlight (2m, 25s)
    • Character
      • Medusa
    • Additional Content
      • Medusa’s Palutena Guidance
  • October Nintendo Direct(3m, 45s)
    • Character
      • Barista
    • Stage
      • Nightwalk
    • Assist Trophy
      • DJ Adore & Love Posse
    • Mii Costume
      • Wrestler & Reporter
    • Spirits
      • Empolyee 333-4-591032
      • Muscle Doll
      • The Donpans
      • A Boy & His Crush
      • Screwbots
      • Beary
  • December Game Award Show Reveal
    • Character
      • Jill
    • Stage
  • February Nintendo Direct
    • Character
    • Stage
  • April Smash Direct

Archives

Written by @Doc Monocle

The following is a compilation of all the content ever admitted to the hypothetical Smash 6 project.
Contributed to by all of the most dedicated members, this collection summarizes the efforts made to brainstorm the finest Smash Bros. game that never existed! So without further ado, let us have our splendid tour of the ideas presented by these fine minds...

Character Submissions

Assist Trophies @Doc Monocle

Gallery
Thanks goes to airConditioner airConditioner

Why not have Chorus Kids as a Rhythm Heaven fighter instead of Barista? They look more iconic and I've seen them from an old rumor known as the Grinch leak. I think they could use unique moves like Glee Club and Seesaw.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Why not have Chorus Kids as a Rhythm Heaven fighter instead of Barista? They look more iconic and I've seen them from an old rumor known as the Grinch leak. I think they could use unique moves like Glee Club and Seesaw.
Chrous Kids was nominated, but Barista ended up winning the vote. Barista’s moveset actually uses both Glee Club and Seesaw, as well as other summons, so it ended up working quite well.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Chorus Kids, as their own self is just one out of dozens minigame in the series while on the other hand Barista is something of a CPU character you might say who have shown playing or demonstrating every minigame to the player, canonically speaking. And on top of that rumors like that doesn't really do anything. And also he won the vote.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe Viridi as an echo fighter of Palutena instead of Medusa but with slight gimmick changes.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Blame democracy. Democracy is cool sometimes (when I get what I want), but it sucks at other times (when I don't get what I want)

D

Deleted member

Chorus Kids, as their own self is just one out of dozens minigame in the series while on the other hand Barista is something of a CPU character you might say who have shown playing or demonstrating every minigame to the player, canonically speaking. And on top of that rumors like that doesn't really do anything. And also he won the vote.
I also found a 3D model of Chorus Kids from gamebanana.com which could actually improve they would be in the game. Barista only exists as a CPU that is an instructor.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Calm down, everyone. Please don't pounce on someone coming it asking questions.

@MichaelChristle560, generally, we don't go back and remove or change content that was have voted on to include. Due to the nature of the thread/project, a more democratic-way of deciding content is more appropriate. We submit content and then vote which ones we think best fits the criteria and would be a good fit. The results is upheld by everyone in the thread; even to those whose submissions didn't win. Barista actually was quite the upset and, well, did some damage but it was also well-received as well. Strangely, Chrous Kids didn't so well in the voting phase.

Moving on...

While were voting for the Echo Fighter, I have developed contingency plans to include content alongside the Echo ... seeing as how the entire job created some controversy. For this reason, I had dedicated some space in the game to include content to go alongside that character. If it was Ms. Pac-Man, we would add a Pac-Man related boss and Mii Costume. If Liquid Snake, a new Metal Gear stage plus probably a Boss. If Shadow, a new Sonic the Hedgehog stage plus an Assist trophy and Mii Costume. But then we voted on Leon and ... well... we included content already lol. So, where can we go from there?

Capcom is no longer eligible for content in our first season of DLC which means, sadly, Phoenix Wright is benched until future seasons. Capcom has tons of content to include so it seems like a waste to wait for so long to include more Capcom-related content.

Job #73: Please submit a Capcom-related Mii Fighter and Assist Trophy

You may reuse one of your ideas that you submitted during our Capcom Newcomer Submission phase which saw Jill get the most votes. Or you can add an entirely different character altogether! Please keep in mind that these submissions means that they won't be allowed to be promoted as a playable character in future DLC based on our current policy. Perhaps this is a great time to allow smaller universes that probably don't have a chance at getting a character to shine? These elements will interact with Jill and Leon in the reveal trailer.

As always, please explain why the Mii Fighter costume or Assist Trophy should be included in Infinite. For the Assist trophy, please explain what the Assist Trophy would do. For the Mii Fighter costume, please explain if it will be all types or just one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So is this entire project going to be a mod of Smash Bros. Ultimate like project M or is this a fan forum?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For real? Is it possible that it will be built on the PC?
No, there are zero plans to actually develop something like this and I have no intention in trying to rustle up an actual team together to do that. This is purely for fun. If you wish to participate, you can by keeping track of the thread and submitting content according to the job prompts. For example, we are now doinf one based on submitting a Capcom-related Assist Trophy and Mii Fighter outfit. Once a full day has passed, we will then move onto voting for another 24 hours. You can also visit the wikia for more info.

But, no, I highly doubt this will actually be made into a game and, if I was asked to, I probably wouldn't sign off on it as the sheer scope and magnitude the project can't actually be fully realized in playable form. We would have to severely cut content up to 75%.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Capcom Mii Costume: Roll

A second Mega Man character is often highly requested, but since we're including Leon, we won't have another Capcom character-at least, not for the first wave of DLC. Since Roll is one of the most beloved Mega Man characters to not have a Mii Costume, I'll submit her. Being Rock's brother and assistant at Light Labs, she was the third Robot Master ever made, making her very important in the series' lore. She doesn't do much in the main games, however she's had her spot in multiple MvC games and is a fan favorite character. (she was even my most wanted for a while).
EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention-Roll would be a Mii Swordfighter costume, using her broom as a sword.
Capcom Assist Trophy: Frank West

We already have two Capcom-based zombie hunters on our roster, but what's room for one more-at least, in Assist Trophy form? Frank West is the main character of the series Dead Rising, where you beat the absolute **** out of zombies with whatever's handy. When active, Frank West will run to the opponent at the speed of Marth's dash and use three weapons (whether or not he is in range) before despawning. These can be a lot of things, so here's a list of some of them (might flesh this out later):
Cardboard Box (Projectile, low damage, low knockback, decent range)
Nailgun (Projectile, OK damage, low knockback, good range)
Bench (Melee, high damage, good knockback)
Handgun (Projectile, high damage, high knockback, incredible range)
Lawn Mower (Melee, high damage, low knockback)
Mailbox (Melee, decent damage, great knockback)
Chair (Projectile, decent damage, OK knockback)
Water gun (Projectile, pretty weak windbox)
Television (Projectile, OK damage, good knockback)
Mega Buster (Fires a fully charged Buster shot. High damage and kills pretty early.)
Depending on how good a weapon is, it will have a higher or lower chance of being used. Cardboard box is the most common, and Mega Buster is the least common.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Can we get more Resident Evil tracks now that Leon is in as well?

Seems a bit weird to only have 13 tracks available, while having so much content of Resident Evil on other fronts. Capcom is easy to work with if we look at their other franchises in Smash, so it's not unrealistic.
We will include new tracks but these ones are geared to games where Leon is playable (if that makes sense). I’ll open it up in the next few days.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
We will include new tracks but these ones are geared to games where Leon is playable (if that makes sense). I’ll open it up in the next few days.
There's already both an RE2 and RE4 track among the bunch (with one literally being Leon's theme from RE4 lol), I'd assume those would be moved over to the "Leon Tracks"?

I'm guessing these games would include RE2, RE4 and RE6 then.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 73

Capcom Mii costume:

Viewtiful Joe

Look at this dude. Viewtiful Joe is an underrated capcom beat-em-up. Viewtiful Joe has the perfect proportions for a Mii brawler. Viewtiful joe while not the most popular Capcom franchise it is arguably the most stylish and is part of Capcoms large history.

Capcom Assist Trophy:

Amaterasu

Okami is a cult classic game by Capcom and has been released on switch unlike a few other capcom games.

Ammy will run around on stage attacking people with her Divine Intsrument, this does some hefty damage. Amaterasu will mainly use her Celestial brush,

In smash this effect will be the ink being drawn with no brush and there are several of them. They are drawn in a radius around a random opponent.

Sunrise: A circle will be drawn in the sky creating a sun, This gives all opponents the flower debuff and heals team mates
Power Slash: A straight line is drawn, anyone caught in the line is dealt massive damage.
Cherry Bomb: A straight line that connects into a circle is drawn, this produces a large bomb that explodes after the fuse ends.
Galestorm: A squiggly line is drawn, This creates a large windbox that blows opponents around
Magnetism: A U is drawn, this attracts any items to the Ammy's summoner.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Job 73: Capcom Assist Trophy
nergigante-gallery.png

Nergigante (Monster Hunter)
"This gigantic Elder Dragon will fly around and use it's infamous dive bomb attack sliding across the ground crashing into opponents instantly sending them flying away, fortunately you have chances of dodging the dive bombs."
(Nergigante can't be damaged.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom