• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I was fully aware that a music note is generic, that's why I added the bubble. Without the bubble, yeah it could be anything, but the bubble makes it distinctly RH, and I'd say the bubble is much more essential to RH given the P for perfect is just a single gameplay element where the bubble is the whole logo.

Also, for your "make the Street Fighter logo a fist" argument I'd like to bring up Mega Man's symbol. It relates to nothing from the Mega Man games, but it thematically fits and therefore still represents the series. The same argument could be provided for FE and Nintendogs.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think a P is just not a great choice for a series whose name doesn't start with P in either language. There are four series that have letters as the universe emblems in Smash, and for all of them it's either the initials or the full name. A P would be confusing.

Also, this might just be me, but I don't even feel like the P is memorable. I consider myself a fan of RH and I didn't recognize it until it was explained what it was.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think a P is just not a great choice for a series whose name doesn't start with P in either language. There are four series that have letters as the universe emblems in Smash, and for all of them it's either the initials or the full name. A P would be confusing.

Also, this might just be me, but I don't even feel like the P is memorable. I consider myself a fan of RH and I didn't recognize it until it was explained what it was.
I've never registered the P either, to me it feels like those "coming up next!" screen bugs you get on TV channels, something you're supposed to register subconciously more than pay active attention to.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Job #75: Wolf's Theme

Taken from a what if smash characters had unique themes video, but based on the original N64 theme. Timestamp is where Wolf's theme plays.

in terms of prominence, I think the P symbol definitely has its warrants. Like I said earlier its the upvote and downvote on the Rhyhtm Heaven subreddit, and if you look at the front page its filled with people sharing their perfects.

It also the logo for the medals, so any one who has gotten any perfects in a Rhythm Heaven game, will have it on center screen at least once, but likely multiple times, since the incentive of the game is to get as many perfects as possible.
download.jpg
a85d8e486d16b09af3f719904f602a8512e2df13_00.jpg

It also appears on the menu after getting a perfect, so its always visible from the main screen, assuming you've gotten a perfect, which the game prompts you and incentives you to do so multiple times.
Medal_Corner_Wii.png

Admittedly, I've not played Megamix so I'm unsure as to its function, but there's even a building where the P symbol is front and center, so there's another example of it being a central mechanic, and not just a symbol in the corner.

vpbdcfefpqry.png

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I guess I’ll also weigh in. I do recognize that The P is iconic to Rhythm Heaven and indicative of the series. However, I do think it’s that recognizable in its design. Most symbols take an easily recognizable aspect of the series and run with it. With Wii Fit, it’s the Wii Fit Trainer, not the balance board. For Mega Man, it’s a gear and not the 1-Up Symbol. And for Bayonetta, the symbol is more akin to Bayonetta 2 than the more iconic Bayonetta 1 logo.

Rhythm Heaven is a rhythm game that’s based on sound and music which Barista utilizes music in its moveset. While the musical note doesn’t actually make any appearance on the series branding, it’s aesthetic and design is obviously based on that of Rhythm Heaven. I have doubts that people would confuse that for other music-based games.

Symbols don’t necessarily need take inspiration from every single aspect of the game. Take Style Savvy, we have three stars since it’s taken from the box art rather than something like a hairbrush or hairdryer. Yes, our symbol is based on the logo but its pretty dang unrecognizable unless you know the series well. I think this is the case for the Perfect P. If you know the series well, then you recognize the P. If not, then you don’t. But everyone recognizes the musical note acts a standard design.

That being said, I’m fine with either options. They both have interesting designs and represents the series well.

If we REALLY want it to make it recognizable on all fronts, make the Rhythm Heaven cloud and then cut out a portion inside of it that as a musical note along with the Perfect P next to each other.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I guess I’ll also weigh in. I do recognize that The P is iconic to Rhythm Heaven and indicative of the series. However, I do think it’s that recognizable in its design. Most symbols take an easily recognizable aspect of the series and run with it. With Wii Fit, it’s the Wii Fit Trainer, not the balance board. For Mega Man, it’s a gear and not the 1-Up Symbol. And for Bayonetta, the symbol is more akin to Bayonetta 2 than the more iconic Bayonetta 1 logo.

Rhythm Heaven is a rhythm game that’s based on sound and music which Barista utilizes music in its moveset. While the musical note doesn’t actually make any appearance on the series branding, it’s aesthetic and design is obviously based on that of Rhythm Heaven. I have doubts that people would confuse that for other music-based games.

Symbols don’t necessarily need take inspiration from every single aspect of the game. Take Style Savvy, we have three stars since it’s taken from the box art rather than something like a hairbrush or hairdryer. Yes, our symbol is based on the logo but its pretty dang unrecognizable unless you know the series well. I think this is the case for the Perfect P. If you know the series well, then you recognize the P. If not, then you don’t. But everyone recognizes the musical note acts a standard design.

That being said, I’m fine with either options. They both have interesting designs and represents the series well.

If we REALLY want it to make it recognizable on all fronts, make the Rhythm Heaven cloud and then cut out a portion inside of it that as a musical note along with the Perfect P next to each other.
These are some good points to consider. The Perfect P symbol isn't all that recognizable to outsiders, but I would argue most of the existing symbols for lesser known series aren't either. I had no idea what the origin for Bayonetta's, Dragon Quest's, Fatal Fury's series logos were when they were revealed. When playing smash for the very first time, I also didn't recognize the origin for Metroid's, Star Fox's or EarthBound's either. But once I read up on the origin I understood the connection to the series, and it makes sense why they were chosen. All of the symbols chosen are important to the series, its just that these series just doesn't have all that recognizable symbols, and I believe Rhythm Heaven is also in that boat.

However, the music note really has no connection to Rhythm Heaven outside of its genre, so I dont think it does a good job at representing the Rhythm Heaven Universe. Perhaps the balance board and 1-Up symbol would have been better symbols than the Wii Fit Trainer and Cog for the Wii Fit and Mega Man series respectively, but both symbols have origins from the series. (Apparently the cog is used to represent Mega Man in Japan, but not the West). The music note's only connection to Rhythm Heaven is the fact that it's a Rhythm game, which is not specific to Rhythm Heaven at all. Again it's like making Street Fighter's logo a fist since it's a fighting game, or Resident Evil's logo a gun since its a shooter game. One could reasonably connect the logo back to the series, but it doesn't reference something specific from the series like every other logo does, and could also conceivably work for any other game in the genre.

A music note in a cloud would be a better alternative imo, as the cloud is specific to the series, but at that point might as well just do the cloud to not make it overdesigned, and then there's the problem with the cloud being different for each region.

And one more thought that I only just realized is that it might be slightly weird for a series to have a music note as a logo, when a music note is used as a symbol elsewhere in smash for the music sections. Not the end of the world, but something to consider.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
A music note in a cloud would be a better alternative imo, as the cloud is specific to the series, but at that point might as well just do the cloud to not make it overdesigned, and then there's the problem with the cloud being different for each region.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the music note design proposed already a music note within a cloud?

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I would take the P sign no problem but the design of it lack any uniqueness to it, it's not heavily stylized like SF or even that iconic like FF. People will probably mistaken that for the series name, ARMS is like this too but even if the symbol is rarely used it goes straight to the point of the game. And heck the fact that you bring up Megaman's cog symbol only relevant in Japan means that it's not really a big problem if we have the cloud (if I remember correctly only EU version doesn't have that cloud design and even that only happened in the Wii game).

And also there's a lot more way to stylized a music note than a letter P. And even funniest is that Minecraft logo is not even the Creeper's face despite being plastered everywhere from the series name to even the in-game block and yet they choose a simple cube to represent Minecraft's graphic, it's not remotely the same as "oh, SF symbol should have been a fist because you punch people" or "RE symbol should have been a gun because you shoot zombie" as none of that exist in the game.

There's a lot more character in SF that simply combining kicks and projectile rather than just throwing a punch like Punch-Out!! which is why their symbol is a boxing gloves and RE don't have any iconic or even original guns unlike Bayonetta and FE.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
More RE Spirit stuff. I'll be modifying Chris to Ace as well, since him being a mere Advanced... just isn't right. Also I'll be modifying Albert Wesker to enhanceable.

I'll be focusing on the iconic bosses of the series, so others can participate by submitting the more well-known primary characters if they want to.

d38722088ba1fdf40ff6f00edd38c77b.png
Uroboros Wesker (Resident Evil 5)
Class: ★★★★
Type: Primary Attack
Effect: Physical Attack ↑
  • Enhance the Albert Wesker spirit
Nosferatu.png
Nosferatu (Resident Evil CODE: Veronica)
Class: ★★★
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Poison Immunity
  • Puppet Fighter: Green Sephiroth
  • Stage: Icicle Mountain
  • Music Track: empty cause waiting for a better track....
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • The stage is covered in a poisonous cloud
    • The enemy deals damage when falling
    • The enemy can instantly escape from movement-disabling moves
dbcvk7q-76b483e0-6ef0-4c36-99c9-870e9a4d495a.png
Yawn (Resident Evil)
Class: ★
Type: Support Shield
Effect: Poison Attack ↑ [Increases Poison Damage from Jill's Acid Grenade Shells]
  • Puppet Fighter: Green Medusa
  • Stage: Luigi's Mansion
  • Music Track: empty cause waiting for a better track....
  • Match: HP (300)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is Giant
    • The enemy is slow but has increased defense and attack

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please vote for three submissions. I want to try something different in that your first choice (3 points) can’t be your own. Your third/last choice (1 point) may be your own submission.

Mii Costume

Roll Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Viewtiful Joe cashregister9 cashregister9
Servbot Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Frank West Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming
Sakura Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Astaroth @Perkikator
B.B. Hood @SmasherMaster12
Captain Commando Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Guile Jomosensual Jomosensual

Same guidelines for the Mii Costume applies for Assist Trophy. 3 total votes.

Assist Trophy
Frank West Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Amaterasu cashregister9 cashregister9
Nethigante Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Sissel Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Elec Man BowserKing BowserKing
Dan Hibiki Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto
Phoenix Wright Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming
Morrigan Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Red Arremar Perkilator Perkilator
Deis SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
Sir Arthur Yiptap Yiptap Jomosensual Jomosensual
Ruby Heart Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Giant Moon Rat Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Victory Theme Voting

Luigi
Please vote for what you think is the best one. One vote
Level Clear @Janxu_uwu
Luigi’s Mansion Main Theme Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Luigi’s Mansion 1 Credits ahemtoday ahemtoday

Dr. Mario
Please vote for what you think is the best one. One vote.
Stage Clear from Dr. Luigi Perkilator Perkilator
Dr. Mario Fever Theme Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario

Won by default.

Toon Link
The Great Sea cashregister9 cashregister9

Ganondorf
Ganon’s Pipe Organ theme Otoad64 Otoad64

Young Link
Get a Mask Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Wolf
N64 Wolf Theme Krookodilian Krookodilian

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Capcom Mii:
1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Captain Commando
3. Roll

Capcom Assist:
1. Amaterasu
2. Dan Hibiki
3. Phoenix Wright

Luigi victory theme:
Luigi’s Mansion Main Theme

Dr. Mario victory theme:
Stage Clear from Dr. Luigi

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Capcom Mii:
1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Servbot
3. Roll

Capcom Assist:
1. Dan Hibiki
2. Sissel
3: Morrigan

Luigi Victory Theme:
Luigi's Mansion Main Theme

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Voting for Guile, Roll and Frank West (Mii Costumes)

Amaterasu, Sir Arthur and Elec Man (Assist Trophies)

Level Clear and Fever Theme (Victory themes)

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Mii Costume:
Frank West
Viewtiful Joe
Roll

AT:
Ammy
Morrigan
Elec Man

Luigi's new victory theme:

Dr Mario new theme:
Dr Mario Fever

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Based on the Strawpoll, Leon will be in a league of his own where he has the same Specials as Jill but will have different stats which makes him feel a bit different in comparison. To prepare for this, I set up Jill's Wikia page so you can see how she plays out. You can find it here.

Job #75ish: Please submit a Leon Gameplay Analysis

Knowing that Leon would have the same specials and attacks as Jill's but different stats, how would Leon play differently? Please explain how he would feel, what his stats could look like, and exactly what areas would he differ from his base fighter, Jill?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Another vote with too many good choices

Mii
1. Frank West
2. Servbot
3. BB Hood

Assist
1. Dan Hibiki
2. Morrigan
3. Sissel

Luigi Victory Theme
1. Level Clear

Dr. Mario Victory Theme
1. Fever

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Mii Costumes
1. Servbot
2. Viewtiful Joe
3. Roll

Assist
1. Dan Hibiki
2. Arthur
3. Morrigan

Luigi Theme
MushroomGuy12

Dr. Mario Theme
Perkilator

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Miis

1. Servbot
2. Viewtiful Joe
3. Captain Commando

Assists

1. Dan Hibiki
2. Arthur
3. Red Arremer

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Please vote for three submissions. I want to try something different in that your first choice (3 points) can’t be your own. Your third/last choice (1 point) may be your own submission.
Uh... what about the second choice (2 points)? Is that allowed to be our own?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So hard to choose... Too many good options...

Mii Costume
1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Roll
3. Guile

Assist Trophy
1. Sissel
2. Sir Arthur
3. Frank West

Luigi Victory
Mushroomguy's

Dr. Mario Victory
Wario Wario Wario's

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job #75ish: Leon Gameplay Analysis
As people have voted. Normals, Specials and (luckily) Gimmick stays the same. Jill and Leon would only have a difference in stats.

With Jill being quite a tanky fighter, representing her own games of origin, I think Leon could have a more offensive take on the moveset. By symbolizing the huge jump in gameplay from the tanky controls of RE1-3 to the more shooter-esque gameplay of RE4, we'll make Leon a bit faster and lighter than Jill. With Jill having a weight of 105, we could decrease Leon's to 100, being around the same weight as Cloud. The speed differences wouldn't be that noticeable at first glance however. Jill has a speed of 1.61, I would imagine Leon to have a slightly faster speed of 1.66. This would make his speed around equal to Samus's.

I'd change the properties of one move however. His Neutral Special, his trusty handgun, has a unique property whereas the closer the enemy is the more damage it takes. Ranging from a whopping 18% from close distance, to 9% from afar. This would encourage players to be a bit more in their opponent's face, considering they only have limited ammo.

This would make Leon a bit more offensive, yet slightly more fragile than Jill. I believe this is a neat way to symbolize the gameplay differences between RE1 and RE4 while taking game balance into account.

Taking their moveset into account, I have a hunch Leon would be used more often by players. Jill already has quite strong normals, though they're accompanied with some endlag. I can see this being compensated with Leon's higher speed.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, vote time

Mii Costume:
  1. Servbot
  2. Sakura
  3. Roll
Assist Trophy:
  1. Ruby Heart
  2. Sissel
  3. That one rat from Ducktales because what the hell

Stage Clear Dr. Luigi

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Super Smash Bros. Infinite Content
Below is a list of content confirmed for Super Smash Bros. Infinite and has a presence on the Super Smash Bros. Infinite wiki
Game
Characters
Newcomers
Veterans
Stages
Items
Assist Trophies
Mona
Pokeball Pokemon
Boss Spheres
Duon
Marx
Mii Fighter Costumes Headgear
Skeleton Skull​
Firefighter Hat​
Zombie Mask​
Gorilla Mask​
Superhero Mask​
Royal Gentleman's Hat & Wig​
Royal Lady's Wig​
Elf Cap​
Knight Helmet​
Diving Suit Helmet​
Gangster Cap​
Primid Mask​
Bowser's Mask​
Pauline Hat & Wig​
Tingle Cap​
Pomemon Trainer (Male) Cap​
Pokemon Trainer (Female) Cap​
Ball Guy Mask​
Ness's Cap​
Kumatora's Wig​
Robin (Male) Wig​
Robin (Female) Wig​
Gatekeeper Helmet​
Captain Syrup Bandana & Wig​
Garret Wig​
Raiden Mask & Wig​
Joker's Mask & Wig​
Terry's Hat & Wig​
Crash Cap​
Reporter's Wig​
Wrestler's Mask​
Mr. X's Mask & Hat​
Mii Brawler
Dinosaur Suit​
Firefighter Outfit​
Zombie Outfit​
Gorilla with a Cage Suit​
Primid Outfit​
Bowser Outfit​
Pauline Outfit​
Tingle Outfit​
Pokemon Trainer (Male & Female) Outfit​
Ball Guy Outfit​
Captain Syrupt Outfit​
Terry Outfit​
Crash Outfit​
Rinfside Outfit​
Mr. X Outfit​
Mii Swordfighter
Chef Outfit​
Royal (Male & Female) Outfit​
Santa's Elf Outfit​
Neandrathal Outfit​
Knight Armor Outfit​
Ness's Outfit​
Robin (Male & Female) Outfit​
Gatekeeper Outfit​
Garret Outfit​
Raiden Outfit​
Joker Outfit​
Mii Gunner
Diving Suit Outfit​
Gangster Outfit​
Kumatora Outfit​
Modes
Spirits
ARMS
Music
ARMS
Miscellaneous Information
I appreciate that you added my sketch turner spirit dea, is the statistics on the spirit still in development or did you choose to change it from a technical to defensive spirit among other changes

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mii Costumes
1. B.B.Hood
2. Frank West
3. Servbot

Assists
1. Red Arremer
2. Nergigante (to replace Rathalos who is now a Boss Sphere)
3. Morrigan

Luigi
Ahemtoday’s submission

Dr Mario
Perkilator’ submission

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I appreciate that you added my sketch turner spirit dea, is the statistics on the spirit still in development or did you choose to change it from a technical to defensive spirit among other changes
To be honest I’m not completely sure what you’re asking, but I’ll try to answer. No spirit type was found in the original post, so the spirit team made him a shield type. If by techincal you mean grab type, then we can change it to that, it that was your original intent.

Not exactly sure what you mean by statistics either. If you’re refering to the attack and defense stats of a spirit, those are not something any of the added spirits in this project have.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
To be honest I’m not completely sure what you’re asking, but I’ll try to answer. No spirit type was found in the original post, so the spirit team made him a shield type. If by techincal you mean grab type, then we can change it to that, it that was your original intent.

Not exactly sure what you mean by statistics either. If you’re refering to the attack and defense stats of a spirit, those are not something any of the added spirits in this project have.
That's cool, what I mean is my spirit idea was a technical (green) primary sprit whose main gimmick was that the user of the spirit would have stronger special attacks but gets continously damaged as a result (like pichu) and I called it Bruise and Boost, that's what I ment by statistics

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
That's cool, what I mean is my spirit idea was a technical (green) primary sprit whose main gimmick was that the user of the spirit would have stronger special attacks but gets continously damaged as a result (like pichu) and I called it Bruise and Boost, that's what I ment by statistics
Oh, well the official name for green spirits is grab. (Blue is shield, Red is attack). We’ll change it to a grab spirit in that case. The spirit team is going to catalog all the new proposed spirit abilities, and then vet them to see if they make sense, but if i remember correctly yours seemed fine, so will likely be used.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job #75ish: Leon Gameplay Analysis
As people have voted. Normals, Specials and (luckily) Gimmick stays the same. Jill and Leon would only have a difference in stats.

With Jill being quite a tanky fighter, representing her own games of origin, I think Leon could have a more offensive take on the moveset. By symbolizing the huge jump in gameplay from the tanky controls of RE1-3 to the more shooter-esque gameplay of RE4, we'll make Leon a bit faster and lighter than Jill. With Jill having a weight of 105, we could decrease Leon's to 100, being around the same weight as Cloud. The speed differences wouldn't be that noticeable at first glance however. Jill has a speed of 1.61, I would imagine Leon to have a slightly faster speed of 1.66. This would make his speed around equal to Samus's.

I'd change the properties of one move however. His Neutral Special, his trusty handgun, has a unique property whereas the closer the enemy is the more damage it takes. Ranging from a whopping 18% from close distance, to 9% from afar. This would encourage players to be a bit more in their opponent's face, considering they only have limited ammo.

This would make Leon a bit more offensive, yet slightly more fragile than Jill. I believe this is a neat way to symbolize the gameplay differences between RE1 and RE4 while taking game balance into account.

Taking their moveset into account, I have a hunch Leon would be used more often by players. Jill already has quite strong normals, though they're accompanied with some endlag. I can see this being compensated with Leon's higher speed.
Was going to try and submit something for the job but tbh I think I'm just good with this. Same idea I had but lays it out significantly better than I would have.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Oh, well the official name for green spirits is grab. (Blue is shield, Red is attack). We’ll change it to a grab spirit in that case. The spirit team is going to catalog all the new proposed spirit abilities, and then vet them to see if they make sense, but if i remember correctly yours seemed fine, so will likely be used.
Thanks that's nice of you

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Unless I missed one, the only Leon gameplay submission was from Mr. Robotto. If that’s the case, I would like to end this a little bit earlier than planned. Unless we don’t get any new submissions, I will be ending this job in about 2-3 hours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom