• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We are compiling the submissions for a Mario Kart item. That being said, here are the results of the FS Update!

Name3 points2 points1 pointTotal points
Dynamic Either0n1 (2)13
Falcon Summer Wheeler01 (2)1 2
Wild Duck West Hunt3 (9)009
Mega Charizard XY3 (9)1 (2)213
Alph and Olimar Jets Off1 (3)1 (2)38
Paint by Bowser1 (3)4 (8)213

We will be including the top 3 submissions this time around!

These submissions includes:
  • Update to Bowser Jr’s Final Smash where Shadow Mario paints an M instead of an X. The paint behaves the same but appears more realistic.
  • Charizard Mega evolves into X or Y along with Blue Flame. This is based upon which gender of the trainer is chosen.
  • Wild West, Gumshoe, and Hogan’s Alley appears in the background of Duck Hunt’s FS
Congrats to the winners and thank you to those who submitted amazing Final Smash updates!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #169: Submit an Original Transformation Item

There are a number of original items in Smash Bros. We will be including an item that causes the player to transform. The transformation can be a full one like the Metal Box or causes an effect like the Superspicy Curry. Please provide a detailed description on how it works and operates.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Butter

The Butter item would be a stick of butter. You pick it up and throw it at another fighter. If a fighter gets hit with the butter, they become slippery. As simple as that.
Resubmitting the Butter item, one of my submissions that I forgot existed lol.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Transformation Belt

The Transformation Belt would be inspired by Classic Tokusatsu from the 70's, The design would take heavy inspiration from the Typhoon from Kamen Rider (Pictured Above)

A fun detail after the item is equipped the character does the famous Henshin pose from Kamen Rider (Or their best approximation of it)

1632360669268.jpeg

Once equipped the Transformation Belt will appear around your characters waist and the user has increased speed, and increased damage, they also gain the Crash run and Insta-drop spirit abilities for the duration of this Transformation. There is a downside though, you are knocked back a bit more when this is equipped.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1632361092787.png

Bottle of "Punch":

A seemingly harmless bottle of red liquid, this is essentially a food item. But instead of healing...it instead bolsters the power of your tilt attacks by 1.3x for 8 seconds.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Job 168

Super Horn

The Super Horn is an item that you hold, using the item when held creates a large shockwave around your character, destroying projectiles and stunning opponents for a brief moment. It only has 1 use
View attachment 331068
Blooper:
Having been in the series since Mario Kart DS, the Blooper is a sea creature that, in Mario Kart, sprays your opponents with ink, covering up their screen and obscuring obstacles ahead. In Smash, this is a throwable item where anyone that's hit will be covered head-to-toe with black ink, which functions identically to Inkling and Octoling's ink.
I know this item takes mostly from its Super Mario World appearance, but hear me out...

Feather
When equipped, a small feather icon appears next to the fighter's HUD. The function of the feather is that your up special is replaced with a special one. When used, you get a very good recovery that has a cape be attached to the fighter, causing them to get a pit-style recovery, but a bit higher. It doesn't do damage, it can be cancelled, and you go into free fall afterwards. This can be used for three times. You may be thinking, "Yiptap, isn't this item busted as hell?" And to that I say pretty much. But there is a tiny drawback. When you make it to the peak of the up special, you pause for a bit before going into free fall. This can be a perfect opportunity for foes to K.O. you, for when you are using this special up special, you get launched even further than you do normally. This item could either save or doom you, so watch out!
Job 168

Boo

Boo would function the same way he does in Mario Kart, but with a twist. Instead of switching fighters items around though, he switches their damage percents.
Job 168
Red Shell

Works exactly how you would expect. The red shell targets tracks the nearest enemy when thrown and attempts to hit them. If it takes enough damage, hits a wall, or hits another enemy while traveling, it breaks. This was an item in SSB64 and Melee, but got removed for some reason.
Item Box

A unique container - it only ever contains a single item, that item will almost always be a very powerful item (Heart Container, Golden Hammer, Gust Bellows, Master Ball, e.t.c.) with a very rate chance of creating the food item as a reference to the coin - however the item box opens simply by walking by it, and you don't automatically pick up the item, so if you think someone's gonna run off to open an item box... CHASE THEM!
View attachment 331080

Heart (Mario Kart: Double Dash!!)
Peach and Daisy’s special item in Double Dash!!, the Heart spins around the player that uses it and absorbs one projectile for personal use, essentially giving anyone a one-use automatic Pocket.
Here are the submissions for a Mario Kart item!

Vote here!

airConditioner

Smash Ace
fire emblem 😎👍
Hachi (Advance Wars) (Artwork: Advance Wars: Dual Strike)
Category: Primary
Type: Shield
Class: Ace ★★★
Ability: Item Throw ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin [Green], Snake [8, Red]
  • Stage: Shopping District, Taiping Street
  • Music Track: Andy's Theme
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat a horde of fighters
    • Certain Items will appear in large quantities: Assist Trophies, Pokéballs, Boss Spheres
    • Hostile Assist Trophies will spawn [Zombie Horde]
Jess (Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising)
Category: Primary
Type: Shield
Class: Advanced ★★
Ability: Impact Run
  • Puppet Fighter: Sami [Green], Wario [2, Green]
  • Stage: Crossfire
  • Music Track: Sonja's Theme
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy prefers Side Specials [Wario]
    • The enemy's Side Special has increased power after a while [Wario]
    • The enemy's Dash Attack has increased power [Sami]
    • The enemy has increased defense after a while [Sami, Warios]

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Pac-Man (Original)
Pac-Man series
Ace class primary - jump down, 3 slots, shield

Summon with cores from Goomba, Bonus Fruit, and Like Like
Funky (Pac-Man)
Pac-Man series
Novice class primary - jump up, 1 slot, attack

Stage: Omega Pullblox World
Song: Pac-Man's Park
Opponents: Green Kirby
Rules: Foe likes to jump
Spunky
Pac-Man series
Novice class support - Stamina up

Stage: Battlefield Astral Chain
Song: Pac-Man's Park
Opponent: Jigglypuff
Rules: Foe favours down B, foe likes to get close.

Job: Shapeshift Cloak

The Idea came from my Head, so this is how it works.

When Spawned, player can grab it and wear it for while, when player attacks someone, Player 1 changes his form to Enemy's Form like Someone Turn into Fox or Kazuya.

The Inclusion of this Item would be cool, since its an original idea from head and it would be funny if someone could shape-shifting from Waluigi to Pyra, which is coolest and unimaginable thing that you will see in Smash on Online.

Transformation work on Fighters and KOable Assist Trophies (who they have limited moveset).

Tutu

The tutu gives you a few extremely quick spinning moves that all reflect projectiles.
  1. Dash attack
  2. Neutral air (Delays descent)
  3. Rapid jab (Neutral jabs stay intact and characters with only standard grabs become choosables)
Imagine Waluigi in Tutu, that would be cursed thing in Smash Community.
If I will saw Waluigi wearing Tutu, that would be Sakurai's/Wario Wario Wario's/Venus of Desert Bloom's biggest joke that won't be funny, but Cursed.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results for our Mario Kart item!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal Points
Blooper3 (9)2 (4)013
Super Horn2 (6)1 (2)210
Feather1 (2)024
Boo03 (6)06
Red Shell2 (6)1 (2)19
Item Box1 (3)036
Heart0000

Based on the results, Blooper will be a new item for Smash Infinite! This is certainly a pretty iconic item to the racing series.

As for the transformation item, we will be using the top of the thread pull to vote for either the following content:

Tutu

The tutu gives you a few extremely quick spinning moves that all reflect projectiles.
  1. Dash attack
  2. Neutral air (Delays descent)
  3. Rapid jab (Neutral jabs stay intact and characters with only standard grabs become choosables)
Job: Shapeshift Cloak

The Idea came from my Head, so this is how it works.

When Spawned, player can grab it and wear it for while, when player attacks someone, Player 1 changes his form to Enemy's Form like Someone Turn into Fox or Kazuya.

The Inclusion of this Item would be cool, since its an original idea from head and it would be funny if someone could shape-shifting from Waluigi to Pyra, which is coolest and unimaginable thing that you will see in Smash on Online.

Transformation work on Fighters and KOable Assist Trophies (who they have limited moveset).

Imagine Waluigi in Tutu, that would be cursed thing in Smash Community.
If I will saw Waluigi wearing Tutu, that would be Sakurai's/Wario Wario Wario's/Venus of Desert Bloom's biggest joke that won't be funny, but Cursed.
  1. Butter
  2. Transformation Belt
  3. Bottle of “Punch”
  4. Tutu
  5. Shapeshift Cloak

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Well I guess I have my answer. Unless somehow we don't get CP11 revealed tomorrow, which is pretty unlikely.
With CP11 getting announced sometime in the next few months and us only having 2 base game newcomers left, I do wonder which will come first (the end of Ultimate's DLC or the end of Infinite's base game period).
Well, looks like I was wrong after all. It'll be a close one, that's for sure.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hold up, why was it defaulted to either Tutu or the Cloak? There were other submissions.
ah, my phone didn’t update the earlier posts cause it’s slow and we don’t have internet anymore. I’ll update the poll when I can. Soonish maybe.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thanks Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
I’ll admit, I’ve largely been finding myself falling behind more and more as if Kate. I still gave the joy on working on it but I’m having a hard time getting motivated. This is due in part cause of my new position and a general lack of sleep.

I am sorry to those who susbmissions I missed. They have since been included. I really appreciate all of the submissions and the content people submit! You guys make this project the best and you guys are the true owners of this thread :)

So it’s been moved over to forms

Job #169: Submit a Kid Icarus Item
Smash 4 managed to add a plethora of KI items and a ultimate even added the Staff. We will be adding by our own KI item in Infinite as well. Please note that an item that turns the opponent into an Eggplant is ineligible as we have Eggplant Wizard. Please check out the Item list for KI here.

Please provide the following info:
  • Name of the item
  • The Item Class
  • What it does

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 169:
1632449010341.png

Palm:

An item that can be equipped by a Fighter. When equipped, all fighters' attacks are accompanied by an added burst of power that extends range and shares the hitbox properties of the attack used. Since the palm used is the Violet Palm, much like how the Staff is represented with the Insight Staff, you can tell when one is equipped with it by one of their limbs being covered in rainbow tattoos for a short moment.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 169

Poseidon Cannon

This is a cannon from Kid Icarus Uprising and this cannon shoots a Three round burst of slow moving Watery projectiles that explode after a few seconds that deal damage and knockback. Charging the shot by holding the A button deals more damage and creates a stream of water that deals a lot of upwards knockback.

Last edited:
Job 169:
Viridi Claws

Those are Claws from Kid Icarus: Uprising can be equipped by Fighters and they would work similarly to Sword Attacks, but those are Claws instead and you can scratch an Enemy like a Cat or Volverine from Marvel. Those Claws are Rapid-Damage type weapon and they're semi-spammable, which they have 4.5 second cooldown (I try to balance the Item, so I won't be OP). Using Neutral A button attack would activate the Claws to Fight.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Atlas Foot
Grabbing a miniature version of this item and pressing the Attack Button causes a cloud to gather overhead the center of the stage. After 6 seconds of charging, the foot of Atlas will crash down. It’s an extremely powerful item that’s capable of spiking airborne opponents, burying grounded opponents who are closer to the center of the foot, and launching opponents out who are closer to the toes or heel. It will then ascend back up to the clouds and vanishes.

Last edited:

Atlas Foot
Grabbing a miniature version of this item and pressing the Attack Button causes a cloud to gather overhead the center of the stage. After 6 seconds of charging, the foot of Atlas will crash down. It’s an extremely powerful item that’s capable of spiking airborne opponents, burying grounded opponents who are closer to the center of the foot, and launching opponents out who are closer to the toes or heel. It will then ascend back up to the clouds and vanishes.
Dude, this foot would be OP.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We are nearing the end of our Item Showcase! Since we had very few compared to before, we can dedicate more time to the items and explain a bit more how they function!

Here are the results of our transformation item! I want to thank everyone for submitting amazing content!

Name2 Points1 PointTotal Points
Butter1 (2)23
Bottle of "Punch"1 (2)02
Transformation Belt1 (2)34
Tutu3 (6)28
Shapeshift Cloak3 (6)17

Congrats! We will be seeing the likes of Ike, Ridley, Ganondorf, Sephiroth, Wario, Bowser, Diddy Kong, Jill, Crash, and, yes, even Kazuya, in a tutu. They will prance and twirl like the ballerinas they aspire to be!

As I mentioned, we can allocate more time to our item showcase so we will be doing two Item related jobs...the first one is a bit more hands on!

Job #170: Put Tutus on the Cast

Using an image editor like GIMP or Photoshop, please take members of the Smash cast and put them into a tutu. This can be done by searching for one of the roster renders or one we have here on the site as well as a transparent tutu png. You can also use this:

1632525693386.png

So something like this...

joker skirt.png

Job #171: Submit an Item that functions like the Dragoon and Daybreak

We will be submitting a new item that functions like the Dragoon and Daybreak which means that three parts must be collected before it can be assembled. When assembled, its capable of doing incredibly high amounts of damage and maybe even OHKO at low to mid percentages. Here is the catch though:
They can't be from either Kirby nor Kid Icarus and they can't be a shooting or riding item. This means melee focused weapons, explosives, transformation, or even healing-based items are accessible...as long as you can't collect and shoot it or ride it. The item must be from a series that is represented by a fighter or by a stage. We don't be accepting minor universes.

When submitting, please submit the following content:
  • Name
  • What are the three parts?
  • What type of item is it? (class)
  • How does it work?

Since there we only four submissions for the Kid Icarus item, I used our Thread Poll at the top of the page to conduct the voting. Please vote for which item you want to see us include!

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 170:
Eggman_in_a_Tutu.png

Job 171:

Had I not been bound by the rules, I would've suggested the Crucible from Doom, but the rules're the rules. So...
1632527684188.png

The Blender (Splatoon)
In Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion, the player is tasked with finding the four Thangs, which are used to create a means to reach the "Promised Land". Turns out, the whole thing was a sham, and that what they create is a giant blender that almost killed the player and Cap'n Cuttlefish. The four Thangs spawn around the map at random: the Foundational Thang (the base), the Precision Thang (the blades), the Surrounding Thang (the jug), and the Sealing Thang (the cap). Once all four Thangs are collected, you form the Blender at your position, an indestructible background construct that lasts for 8 seconds before initiating the blend and disappearing. The construct acts as a passive grab hitbox and can grab any and all opponents that touch it. Blending opponents deals a total of 50% damage and has the potential to instantly kill anyone above 100%.

I could change it if leadership demands it, but honestly, finding something of that nature is honestly really challenging, though I like a good challenge.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Goro's Loot
1C1D3927-F7AA-44CA-8291-F07C97340A0C.jpeg
786B10E4-0FE3-426F-8E37-C3F0E8CC3682.jpeg

Type: Summoning
Series: Pac-Man

Unlike other multi-part items, Goro's Loot is comprised of 5 items: Radio, TV, Computer, Painting, and Safe. They appear in their original arcade sprite design. If they're all collected Goro and his Mewkies will raid the stage looking to get their smuggled stuff back - covering the stage in cats! Those cats function similarly to Brawl's Excitebikers, can jump even without a trampoline, and can do great damage, but for whatever reason won't harm the actual retrievers (yes, plural - you don't have to be the only collector to spawn it) of the items. They don't spawn from one specific place so even on a stage as big as the Great Cave Offensive nowhere is safe! If a single player collects every good the Goro Disc also appears, the fastest and strongest cat of them all. Goro's Loot only appears when 4 or more players are on screen. with 4 or 5 fighters only 3 items need to be retrieved, and with 6 or more all 5 need to be obtained.

Last edited:
We are nearing the end of our Item Showcase! Since we had very few compared to before, we can dedicate more time to the items and explain a bit more how they function!

Here are the results of our transformation item! I want to thank everyone for submitting amazing content!

Name2 Points1 PointTotal Points
Butter1 (2)23
Bottle of "Punch"1 (2)02
Transformation Belt1 (2)34
Tutu3 (6)28
Shapeshift Cloak3 (6)17

Congrats! We will be seeing the likes of Ike, Ridley, Ganondorf, Sephiroth, Wario, Bowser, Diddy Kong, Jill, Crash, and, yes, even Kazuya, in a tutu. They will prance and twirl like the ballerinas they aspire to be!

As I mentioned, we can allocate more time to our item showcase so we will be doing two Item related jobs...the first one is a bit more hands on!

Job #170: Put Tutus on the Cast

Using an image editor like GIMP or Photoshop, please take members of the Smash cast and put them into a tutu. This can be done by searching for one of the roster renders or one we have here on the site as well as a transparent tutu png. You can also use this:

View attachment 331502

So something like this...

View attachment 331505

Job #171: Submit an Item that functions like the Dragoon and Daybreak

We will be submitting a new item that functions like the Dragoon and Daybreak which means that three parts must be collected before it can be assembled. When assembled, its capable of doing incredibly high amounts of damage and maybe even OHKO at low to mid percentages. Here is the catch though:
They can't be from either Kirby nor Kid Icarus and they can't be a shooting or riding item. This means melee focused weapons, explosives, transformation, or even healing-based items are accessible...as long as you can't collect and shoot it or ride it. The item must be from a series that is represented by a fighter or by a stage. We don't be accepting minor universes.

When submitting, please submit the following content:
  • Name
  • What are the three parts?
  • What type of item is it? (class)
  • How does it work?

Since there we only four submissions for the Kid Icarus item, I used our Thread Poll at the top of the page to conduct the voting. Please vote for which item you want to see us include!
Oh my god, why it needs to be a Joke Item?
Isn't this game supposed to be Serious like SSBU? (No offense, but I'm asking you)

And you have cool PFP!

Job 171:
Chaos Emeralds (Sonic the Hedgehog)

They appear in Often Random Times and you need to Collect 7 Emeralds to Make yourself really Powerful and your Hair turns Yellow or Red depending on Character while having this Item.
The Item works for 8.5 seconds and after using it, you're getting reverted into normal (Not-used Final Smash can be used after Transformation or during Transformation).

Powers of Chaos Emeralds:
Green: Increases your Jump Height.
Blue: Gives you "Breakable" Super Armor
Yellow: Increases your Speed.
Red: Increases your Damage.
White: Gives you Instant Final Smash.
Purple: Increases your Aerial Attack Damage.
Cyan: Increases your Grab Range.

Inclusion of Item would represent Sonic the Hedgehog items and it could be Transformation Type Item, who gives you increased stats. Also it might maybe OP Item, but not really OP Item that can be heavily Nerfed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom